If you can't put hooks in from turtle you can do this to get to the truck...

The good old banana split. You don't see it so often in folkstyle since a lot of guys will take the space to run away and escape back to neutral; most guys won't be looking for that in a lot of jits-based competitions though.

The good old banana split. You don't see it so often in folkstyle since a lot of guys will take the space to run away and escape back to neutral; most guys won't be looking for that in a lot of jits-based competitions though.

yeh considering eddie brought it to bjj so long ago it's still not super widespread here either

Cool post.. i find if you can get the level of setup or control ur getting in the demonstration IRL...the move is fantastic but alot of guys either are scooting out/rolling or flipping to their backs as soon as ur turning the corner for the starting setup...i wonder if theres a way to further control them as ur turn the corner..maybe a fake darce attempt or front choke then pivot for the leg...but just coming around like u were in the video i think alot of guys would just be rolling out...i know i would be if i left something coming around my shoulders... I dont find myself in that saddle position offensively or defensively that much in live rolls or competition

Cool move and great video but seems like a Low Percentage move IMO

Last edited:
Cool post.. i find if you can get the level of setup or control ur getting in the demonstration IRL...the move is fantastic but alot of guys either are scooting out/rolling or flipping to their backs as soon as ur turning the corner for the starting setup...i wonder if theres a way to further control them as ur turn the corner..maybe a fake darce attempt or front choke then pivot for the leg...but just coming around like u were in the video i think alot of guys would just be rolling out...i know i would be if i left something coming around my shoulders... I dont find myself in that saddle position offensively or defensively that much in live rolls or competition

Cool move and great video but seems like a Low Percentage move IMO

then you combine this with the rolling truck and other things. Everything is low percentage considered in isolation

then you combine this with the rolling truck and other things. Everything is low percentage considered in isolation

Fair enough...i can respect the work it took to make the video and i agree flowing is key when applying complex moves..

Its good to practice everything IMO just so u have more options..u may never know when the opportunity presents itself...better to have it and not use it then need it and not know it..

So cool stuff i will try it when i eventually get back on the mats post Covid

Fair enough...i can respect the work it took to make the video and i agree flowing is key when applying complex moves..

Its good to practice everything IMO just so u have more options..u may never know when the opportunity presents itself...better to have it and not use it then need it and not know it..

So cool stuff i will try it when i eventually get back on the mats post Covid

Coof is the new flu; there aint ever gonna be a 'post covid'.

Which is to say, one either can go ahead and get on the mats now, or they can swear off jits for life.

Last edited:
Coof is the new flu; there aint ever gonna be a 'post covid'.

Meaning, you can either go ahead and get on the mats now, or you can swear off jits for life.

Unfortunately in my province its all but legal to go on the mats right now .. they've closed gyms here for the time being, my home gym/club is not operating currently

Im optimistic there will be a post covid...but at some point i may just need to start going back somehow some way

Saw something similar into a calf slicer about 2 years ago, it was pretty slick, definitely gonna drill this though

Back