If you owned the UFC what changes would you make?

fuck now i gotta come up with 5 billion dollars and hopefully they sell the ufc to me i want that fuckin lion

Structure the events so to juild tournaments or leagues. Not like the random matchmakings like today.

Bring back the ramp entreances. Live performances at the events, more nu-metal, more rap, more skryllex.

Tournament and shows scould be held anywhere, on rooftoops, backyards or the normal arenas like o2 and the mandalay bay event center.

Make the events mean something. Make a new belt design. Sponsored tournaments like the 'Hatley Davidson open 2017' or ''Metro PCS summer series world championchip'.

The purses are based solely on wins and losses and how the place in the tournaments.

Figthers want more money the area free to find any sponsorship they want.

Fewer events, no more UFC live events on Fox Sports 1, instead relaunch WEC or some other developmental league, would drop men's 125, 135, women's 115, 125, 145 to this developmental league, no other titles but still have fighters from all the weight classes who are up and coming, or freak show fights(CM Punk types) or older guys still going, maybe put it in a ring to give a different feel/look. Every once in a while bring the champions from those weight classes I just mentioned onto a main UFC card to showcase them defending their WEC(or whatever you call it) title.

UFC shows only on PPV and Fox, 8 PPV's and 4 Fox shows per year type of schedule. Offer different purchase tier's for PPV's, $60 gets you the all day event to where you can watch all prelims and everything in one sitting on one channel without switching around to FS1/Fight Pass, a cheaper price option for just the main card purchase, with the events starting an hour earlier, once you pay for that pay per view you get the access to it whenever you want on the Fight Pass.

16 fighter Grand Prix tournament every year spread out over 4 shows, only 1, alternating weight classes every year, just whichever one would work the best at that time.

I'd give every fighter a 50% increase in pay and every non-fighting employee a 50% pay cut. Replace Reebok with UnderArmour. Reduce the price pf the PPVs back to $39.99.

There is a time for fun fights or "money" fights but not when you hold up the most loaded division to a point where you are fucking over and pissing off everybody in it and screwing peoples careers that create a lot of resentment with the fighters.

Unfortunately the Kardashian viewers seem to now be the UFC's primary target market... sharing the odd video clip on FB of Conor McGregor doing his latest funny and making out-of-place comments about his GOAT status in a sport they only claim to watch... Cynical I know.

Wouldn't be surprised if Conor went down this route and tried to take on the New England Patriots single handedly citing a small amount of amateur rugby experience as his justification. (I don't know if the Patriots are any good I'm fucking English I got no clue about the NFL)
Love the sport and this being a young sport, maybe it will later be classified as a era and evolve to bigger things.
You have a lot of pissed off fighters right now that know title shots are given to the biggest mouth. That might be a good sign.
Let Bellator grow.

Change the championship system to a once a year gran prix tourney for each weight; no more picking and choosing fights. If you are injured you are replaced by an alternate.
Winner is crowned 2017 champ and gets a big prize, then is part of the 2018 tournament like everyone else.

Outside of tournament fights you have contenders and tournament losers fighting for recognition and a possible place in next years tournament.

Below that are up and comer fights in a smaller more casual setting like a boxing club, like usa or espn friday night fights instead of slow paced shit like Tuf.

Ultimately i want guys fighting more often even if it means shedding some weight classes.

Usada is out.

I would do what should have been along time ago and that is to have the cage surrounded by the pond with the alligator roaming around in the circle...

I would promote the shit out of EVERY fighter on the card. Put every headliner on the poster, eg. Prelim Headliner is also on the poster along with co-main, main event. The Japanese know how to make fighters into icons.

do away with reebok

have 2 different type of gloves some that favor grapplers pride style and some for striking that will fix the eye pokes

have better entrances ufc use to have ok entrances abkc in the day now its sad these guys are suppose to be bigger than life stars so treat them like such give them huge pride wwe entrances to hype things

better pay obviously

have a amateur ufc team to help build the next stars kinda like tuff a team vs team like ifl to build the next stars

also have a legends divsiion for guys 35-45 45-50 so they can compete and have maybe certain rules to keep them safe like no elbows on the ground

Id get rid of half the women, 10% of the mens, pay the rest more. Byebye Reebok as well.

I would enter Kelvin Gastelum into the Coney Island Hot Dog Eating Contest.

I think he could hang with the likes of Kobayashi and Joey Chestnut.

More money fights
More interim belts
Give Conor all the belts (including the interim ones)
more women's division
Gabi Garcia division
Grandma who Garcia beat division
Champion must fight the #35 of the weight class below
when a new champion is crowned, he must take a year off for personal issues
Sign Jessica Eye for life

i love all your ideas except for your jessica eye one, that is fucking awful.

Absolute first thing to go would be that shit Reebok deal

Less pay, more super fights, more Artem, less stacked cards, and make sponsorships less strricked. Guys are making too much reebok money

You have a lot of pissed off fighters right now that know title shots are given to the biggest mouth. That might be a good sign.
Let Bellator grow.

No MMA is one of the few sports in which the current champions/best in the world is clear via a unanimous UFC title belt. We hold legitimacy in UFC champions because we feel they've beaten the very bets in their respective division to attain that position. Pumping unnecessary legitimacy/hype into UFC divisions without substantial evidence is ultimately pointless and to a certain extent harmful to the individual division, making them appear shallow.

do away with reebok

have 2 different type of gloves some that favor grapplers pride style and some for striking that will fix the eye pokes

have better entrances ufc use to have ok entrances abkc in the day now its sad these guys are suppose to be bigger than life stars so treat them like such give them huge pride wwe entrances to hype things

better pay obviously

have a amateur ufc team to help build the next stars kinda like tuff a team vs team like ifl to build the next stars

1) Reebok hasn't done any real harm to the organisation/sport

2) You can't have different gloves, just keep a better eye (pardon the pun) on eye pokes, which I think is happpening slowly but surely amongst MMA refs.

3) In main events the fighters have started entering to more dramatic theme tunes/light shows, including national anthems and nationlist songs from high profile singers - not much to complain about here either as I think it adds an interesting "gladitatorial" theme to the fights.

4) I think TUF is finished and dated to be fair. A handful of decent fighters have emerged from the show over the years, but it's done to death and I honestly don't watch a second of it anymore. Even the opposing coaches are boring af.

Id get rid of half the women, 10% of the mens, pay the rest more. Byebye Reebok as well.

Less pay, more super fights, more Artem, less stacked cards, and make sponsorships less strricked. Guys are making too much reebok money

I'd make a change in ownership. I'd rather have the cash than the headache...

Back