If you think gane did enough in the 5th against ngannou…

….Then that means jones is the lineal heavyweight champion

I know I’ll get some replies like “no way you think gane win the 5th, ngannou laid on top of him for half the round!”
but I think at this point there are a lot more people who realise actual impact wins fights, not smudging

Gane had more strikes, a takedown, and a submission attempt. Ngannou had a reversal and a few mosquito punches on the ground

So if you think gane win the 5th, then that means gane won the belt that night, defended it against tuivasa, and lost it to jones

I’m not a jones fan, maybe one of you has argued with me about him and can attest to that

But I don’t think a reversal and half guard is worth more than what gane did
Even Gane does not believe that. He knew he had lost, and apologize to his fans before the decision was announced.
A striker vs a striker is a bad match up?

Ummmm Ngannou’s weakness is wrestling.
Gane's biggest strength is to make power punchers miss, and outplay them with jabs and long kicks. He made a career out of that. Of course he was bad matchup for Ngannou, particularly for Ngannou with a knee injury, in a style matchup were footwork makes all the difference.

And no, Ngannou's weakness is not wrestling.

Even Gane does not believe that. He knew he had lost, and apologize to his fans before the decision was announced.

Gane's biggest strength is to make power punchers miss, and outplay them with jabs and long kicks. He made a career out of that. Of course he was bad matchup for Ngannou, particularly for Ngannou with a knee injury, in a style matchup were footwork makes all the difference.

Why did gane lose the fight? What in the scoring criteria did ngannou do to win that round?

If you "Think" you can fly and then jump off the grand canyon it doesn't make you Superman. Same thing applied to thinking someone won a fight they lost.
What did ngannou do that according to the judging criteria would give him that round?

giant jones fan, but if you are going to pretend that gane beat ngannou to give jones extra credit, why not just pretend that jones beat him? They are both equally factually accurate.

I thought Gane made 1 mistake that cost him the fight.

Always laugh at the “NNN won on a bad knee”. Dude showed zero signs of his knee being compromised and was shooting power doubles ffs.

Now I’m not disputing he needed a surgery (like many athletes do) just often they’re still able to compete and the entire “one knee Francis” is a major exaggeration to dismiss Gane winning on the feet.

He got the surgery he needed a month and a half after the fight. But the entire “he fought on one leg” was extremely hyperbolic by his camp. He made it through a 5 round fight showing zero signs of issues. We all know that the last thing you’ll do on bad knees is shoot doubles.

View attachment 1044578View attachment 1044579

View attachment 1044580
Francis was grinding his knees into the canvas quite a bit of the fight and bouncing around just fine on them. He wasn’t this fragile one legged Thiago Santos people made him out to be.
He had 0 bounce on his footwork tho. Looked like he was almost walking at Gane at some points of the fight

His only loss in the UFC came via wrestling.
If Jones or Aspinall ever fights Ngannou, their paths to victory are to grapple his ass.

Jon is the Line heavyweight champion

Y2amvaA.gif

I think I could have taken him in my prime.

People who value impactful actions like striking, and a takedown into a submission attempt gave him the 5th. Ngannou didn’t do anything, he just sat on gane
That's cute. Meanwhile, here on planet Earth, all 3 judges gave Ngannou the round, as did 22 out of 23 media scores. Again, I was rooting for Gane, but it was a very clear round.

You're engaging in strange mental gymnastics to support the silly idea that Jones is the lineal champion.

Why did gane lose the fight? What in the scoring criteria did ngannou do to win that round?
Gane lost the round because he got swepted, ngannou then took a nap on him. nothing in the scoring criteria states lying on top of a man while doing no damage, no transitions and no sub attempts should win you around even if it was for 4:30 seconds.

Heartbreaking shit honestly.

He had 0 bounce on his footwork tho. Looked like he was almost walking at Gane at some points of the fight
Like he did against Stipe and Lewis? He looked the same as he always does.

He's planting on both knees, throwing with both knees, planting, hopping, bouncing, coming forward on both knees, going for takedowns etc. he absolutely shows zero signs of an issue besides gassing and losing on the feet. A narrative was created that he was basically Santos back on the cage limping the entire fight. It’s both hyperbolic, an excuse and to discredit Gane etc. Santos got surgery days later, NNN nearly 2 months after his fight. It wasn’t nearly that bad nor did it impact him that fight.

They got hyperbolic with Santos also but he was noticeably compromised.

OnE LeGgEd FrAnCiS eating kicks to the knees, planting on both legs, sprawling on both legs to defend takedowns, shooting takedowns, transitioning on the ground with both legs, doing a whizzer, throwing kicks, knee collisions etc no problems the entire fight. But He WoN oN oNe LeG LoL. No he escaped by the skin of his teeth because Gane made a single mistake in a series of dumb mistakes that threw away the round. Francis won but the one leg thing is way overplayed.

Weird Francis was able to carry the weight and impact of a full slam on Gane on his bad knee without any issues……..

IMG_9877.jpeg

Also I’m trying to give NNN credit for what I see as his best fight to date. He showed clear improvements overall and that his game is more complete. He didn’t just freeze up on the feet once he realized he can’t put Gane away he was far more dynamic and looked better everywhere. I just think it’s hilarious people try to act like he was severely limited and injured. I give NNN the win and Gane lost the fight when he went for leg locks and surrendered top position. Super close fight even with the position surrender you can argue he had the better strikes and submission attempts. Guy on top won the 5th but didn’t do much else.

Last edited:
That's cute. Meanwhile, here on planet Earth, all 3 judges gave Ngannou the round, as did 22 out of 23 media scores. Again, I was rooting for Gane, but it was a very clear round.

You're engaging in strange mental gymnastics to support the silly idea that Jones is the lineal champion.
Great, so you don’t think judges can get it wrong and you don’t think the media can misinterpret the scoring criteria.

I’ve literally argued with people that jones’ legacy is massively overrated and has been for a very long time, this has nothing to do with WANTING jones to be the lineal champion, it’s just that I truly believe he is

What was more impactful, what gane did or what ngannou did?

Hopefully Jon’s fans retire when he does
I’m not a jones fan, I argue with people on these boards all the time about how he beat middleweights, washed fighters, got gifted decisions in a weaker division, I’m not a jones fan, just realistic

22/23 people can be wrong.

I for one personally, take jones beating gane in the highest of regards. way better than beating stipe or francis. People say he was a tailor made easy fight for jones, I think he's the rightful King, and I do think he could beat both blaydes and aspinall.

Great, so you don’t think judges can get it wrong and you don’t think the media can misinterpret the scoring criteria.

I’ve literally argued with people that jones’ legacy is massively overrated and has been for a very long time, this has nothing to do with WANTING jones to be the lineal champion, it’s just that I truly believe he is

What was more impactful, what gane did or what ngannou did?

22/23 people can be wrong.

I for one personally, take jones beating gane in the highest of regards. way better than beating stipe or francis. People say he was a tailor made easy fight for jones, I think he's the rightful King, and I do think he could beat both blaydes and aspinall.
Got it. So all the judges, 96% of the media, and the vast majority of fans are wrong because none of us understand the scoring criteria. Sounds legit.

Gane absolutely WAS tailor made for Jones. He got wrestlef*cked by a non-wrester (Francis) on a blown-out knee. Of course Jones was going to maul him on the ground. "Could" Gane beat Blaydes or Aspinall? Sure. A lot of things "could" happen. But the most likely outcome of those fights is Gane getting mauled on the ground.

Got it. So all the judges, 96% of the media, and the vast majority of fans are wrong because none of us understand the scoring criteria. Sounds legit.

Gane absolutely WAS tailor made for Jones. He got wrestlef*cked by a non-wrester (Francis) on a blown-out knee. Of course Jones was going to maul him on the ground. "Could" Gane beat Blaydes or Aspinall? Sure. A lot of things "could" happen. But the most likely outcome of those fights is Gane getting mauled on the ground.
Yes, yous are all wrong, becuase control time isn’t even in the scoring criteria. Also
IMG_5443.jpeg
“Vast majority” meaning 60%. If almost 40% of fans are giving the fight to the official loser then it means the fight was close

Back