Social "If you want to shop here, you need to take off that shirt!"

Pushing back against what exactly? Pushing back against the prospect of people voluntarily holding themselves morally accountable to a higher power?

This kind of nonsense is alarmingly typical these days, they have you brainwashed

The irony….

Strange how powerful God is and yet this happens...

LOL at those who think its "open season" on religious people and this being an example of such.

Imagine being such a tool that you actually think you are some kind of hero for "pushing back" against those crazy religious people who wear "Jesus saves" t-shirts. I swear if these pussies ever actually had any real adversity, they would literally shit their pants and fall over dead.

"He" is not the problem because "he" can stay if he takes off the shirt!

Yea. He's wearing the shirt for the purpose of provoking people with it. Listen, if he had just been a random dude who had that shirt and decided to go to the mall that day I'd be more in his side. But he's not. He was told multiple times on other days, to leave for preaching both inside and outside the mall.

Or look at it this way. If I were to wear a shirt with a picture of a Christian cross, crossed out, that said "Islam is the ONLY way" to a mall in the deep south, after being told to leave for preaching there multiple times, you think I'd catch some shit for it after enough people complained to management?

Didn't they do this to the Apostles?

Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

This guys is showing commitment to his belief system. If he had another religions shirt on I guarantee you that guard would not have treated him like that.

Yea. He's wearing the shirt for the purpose of provoking people with it. Listen, if he had just been a random dude who had that shirt and decided to go to the mall that day I'd be more in his side. But he's not. He was told multiple times on other days, to leave for preaching both inside and outside the mall.

Or look at it this way. If I were to wear a shirt with a picture of a Christian cross, crossed out, that said "Islam is the ONLY way" to a mall in the deep south, after being told to leave for preaching there multiple times, you think I'd catch some shit for it after enough people complained to management?

All of these street preacher typed are bizarre, aren't they. Just odd. Why would you bother?! Even if you are hardline Christian why would you spend 8hrs a day being ignored in a city centre. Nobody speaks to these guys. They're just "there" but I guess in their insular world, they've simply put a shift in that day so their God still likes them. Very odd mindset.

No time for religion. Its a weird, ridiculously outdated way of thinking.however

It is valuable for "lost souls". People who need a crutch to get through life. People who feel like they have no purpose unless they pursue it.

Nowadays that's the multicoloured hair non binaries etc. This is their religion, their purpose, their reason to battle through their numerous mental health problems - social justice. Equality, as commanded to them as dogma by the least equitable people alive. The least pious people alive. The modern Catholic priests.

The new religion.

What in the name of shit does that even mean?
The story is a Christian was not allowed to shop because of his shirt. The reason given was because of complaints they have received. So as i said the reason people are complaining is because of particularly hateful groups of Christians. I didnt attribute those hateful views to this man or other Christians. I added that the shirt this man was wearing shouldnt prevent him from shopping. Religious symbols or messaging are not valid reasons for not allowing someone nnto shop there. Im clearly siding with this man and people of other religions.

What ideology are you aware of that does not try to impose it on society? Libertarians maybe, which you are not. At worst, this guy was trying to convince people voluntarily, with no ability to force
This has nothing to do with what i said in my post. Once again i clearly didnt attribute a hateful ideology to this man or all other Christians. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.
What's more interesting than what you found interesting is that the one you disagree with is the one "trying to control society", and not the ideology that already got you. Pushback against your ideology that happens to align with every corporation and the entire ruling class is "hateful messaging", but stripping rights from your opponents is just "what the exremists have caused".

This is just projection. You cant even state what my personal beliefs are. According to my post i am siding with freedom of religious expression. What you posted here is all nonsense that isnt backed up by what i stated im my post.

Of he was harassing people he needed to go. That is coming up to people preaching to them or just preaching walking around. It's private property and disturbing othe people is not allowed. If he was just walking around with the shirt then they can still kick him out because it's private property but he would have grounds for a law suit if they allowed other shirts like it. If people don't like the policy they can take their money somewhere else.

It is alway interesting to see Christians attempt to control society (not that this man is doing so), then get upset when society pushes back. Now personally i have no problem with this man wearing his shirt or religious symbols, and think it is fucked up that to tell him he needs to take off his shirt.

We are seeing some push back against many of the hateful Christians that spread hateful messaging, ex "Homosexuals are going to hell" "those books are witchcraft". It is unfortunate that Christian that are not spreading hateful messaging and are more accepting of other will have to deal ith the fall out of what the extremists have caused.

Now do Islam.

Damn.. I wonder in what 3rd world shithole that happened... surely not on the land of the free.

Oh wait.

Why would you ratchet it up in your hypothetical to have the shirt denigrating another religion along with promoting the one you practice? That's kind of telling that you felt the need to add "shirt with a picture of a Christian cross, crossed out,". That's a lot closer to trying to incite or provoke. Just as it would be if he was wearing a shirt with the prophet Muhammed crossed out, except he wasn't yet you felt the need to add that in as though it's some sort of comparison.

The bottom line is that if they wanted him to leave due to him harassing people by preaching at them, that's fine. EVEN IF they said it was due to him previously doing it and he had stopped. I can still understand that, because they could argue that he's shown a pattern and they don't want to have to deal with that going forward. But that's NOT what they said. They clearly said the only thing that was needed was for him to not wear that shirt. And now we're talking about infringing on someone's freedom of expression. In this country we have freedom of religion, not freedom from it. I don't get to tell a Muslim woman they can't wear a hijab or a pagan they can't have a pentagram tattoo because it "offends" me.

People can argue it's a private business that can refuse whoever they want. But if they've made it clear (which they did) that it's due to him wearing that shirt, they've entered into shaky ground at best. All that guy would need to do is show one instance of them allowing any other person displaying anything that could be construed as religious and they're fucked for violating his constitutional rights.

Now do Islam.
Lol. Even on here, an anonymous forum, most people zip their yaps about the religion of insecurity. No way anyone would say anything about Islam in real life. Whether relevant or not that religion is exempt from criticism from the "left". Why? Because it's not seen as the religion of the white man despite the fact that old Mo was a pale skinned dude while Jesus was decidedly middle eastern looking.

Intolerant people suck, whether religous or not it's irrelevant. But a t shirt isn't a reason to kick people out of a store unless it's clearly meant to incite. And I didn't watch the video so no idea what went on there.

66632815-11641123-image-m-16_1673891223735.jpg

I can see the no soliciting angle. But if I was him, I'd be aggressively looking to see if any other soliciting was taking place without harassment and then bring a religious discrimination lawsuit against them.

I believe that some of these “street preachers” are really just low key theistic satanists (dead serious).

And that they are actually trying to troll the population and make people pissed by provoking them and intern making the populace hate us Christians even more then they already do.

Damn.. I wonder in what 3rd world shithole that happened... surely not on the land of the free.

Oh wait.

Why do some people think that "land of the free" only applies to them? Land of the free should include the mall's freedom to kick out people they don't want but somehow "free" always stops short of both sides being able to apply it.

Now do Islam.
Dont really know what Islam has has to do with the topic. However as a godless heathen everyone has a right to believe or not believe what they want. Extremists are dangerous regardless of faith or political views. Its the same stance ive always had.

Back