Opinion If you were president of the USA, what would you do?

medicare for all
dissolve fbi
dissolve the department of education
dissolve homeland security
build that wall
get impeached on some trumped up charges
serve a single term so that I dont need to worry about pandering to reelection bs
open up more drilling sights
revoke as many anti nuke bills as possible
get rid of tsa
get rid of interest writeoffs
get rid of state/federal unions

That's on the road to destroy the US in 24 hours. You must be working for China.

It angers me terribly when people, even many Canadians, refer to our healthcare system as "free". It's not even fucking close to free. And it's quite far from anything worth calling "good". It's paid by tax dollars, don't ever equate that to free.
It'd be free for all the liberal leaches in the U.S. who champion "free" healthcare because those losers don't contribute to society by paying taxes, or really anything else.

It'd be free for all the liberal leaches in the U.S. who champion "free" healthcare because those losers don't contribute to society by paying taxes, or really anything else.

Good point actually.

Canadian taxes are extremely high. The welfare leeches benefit while everyone else suffers.

BUT the current system here is not working. What do you propose?

There's a discussion to be had about providing real safety nets for the most downtrodden and poor. But we're WAY beyond that now, with expectations and entitlement for everything. Without input or effort.

9WR2GTA.gif

Bro, can you give me some likes for my OP? I needs some likes. Thanks.

<Fedor23>
and raise the age of social security

yes...I agree. And the age to vote to 25. Sick of these pimple nosed ANTIFA terrorists living in their mother's basement voting for the worst shit we all have to suffer with. They never paid taxes a day in their life.

And I agree with the wall. The other stuff you said about removing the police is nuts. Our country would disintegrate in 6 hours without law enforcment. Portland terrorist riots, looting, murder x10000 in every town city and building simultaneously. No thanks.

yes...I agree. And the age to vote to 25. Sick of these pimple nosed ANTIFA terrorists living in their mother's basement voting for the worst shit we all have to suffer with. They never paid taxes a day in their life.

And I agree with the wall. The other stuff you said about removing the police is nuts. Our country would disintegrate in 6 hours without law enforcment. Portland terrorist riots, looting, murder x10000 in every town city and building simultaneously. No thanks.
I said nothing about removing the police

Take the $ out of politics with a 28th Amendment.

28th Amendment

Returning Power to “We the People”

No money will be allowed for any political campaign, including propositions, or other ballot measures from any entity that is not a U.S. Citizen. Excluded from donating: corporations, special interest groups, unions, and any foreign entities. U.S. Citizens may only donate a total of $5,000 a year for all political donations and may only donate to political campaigns that affect their geography of residence.

If we got that done, suddenly those people in D.C. will represent you at home. What a world it would be.

I would then reject all budgets that were not balanced, after year 2. I'd tell them prior that they'd have 2 years to get it right.

I'd pardon Julian Assange.

I'd revert the border policy back to Trump's where they stay in Mexico.

I'd punish China on every front I could.

I'd have a full blast Fossil Energy policy as I built up modern nuclear plants throughout the nation.

Most of the above sounds great, however I personally believe that money is too entrenched in our political system to viably get rid of.

I know some people here disagree with me about this, however we basically have an entire infrastructure of legalized bribery (corporate lobby). People want to play word games and try and differentiate lobbying vs bribing, but it's really the same thing. Yes, in lobbying there is no formal quid pro quo so to speak, however donating for favorable legislation is implied, otherwise there would be no such thing as lobbying. It's a semantical way to bribe politicians without appearing dirty.

One of the problems with getting money out of politics is that your average American has become so far removed from "individualism", and instead has become purely selfish. And most of our politicians are raised and educated in this hyper selfish culture, so it should be no surprise that most politicians are going to do what's best for themselves before addressing what the nation needs. Everyone is taught to look out for numero uno first and foremost, and that doesn't stop when you become a politician.

I would add to your list that the DoD (Pentagon) should be forced to pass an audit, which they have never been able to do. Routinely coming up with trillions of dollars "unaccounted for" is beyond insane, but nobody bats an eye. Imagine if you as a business owner tried to pass an audit in this manner - you'd be shut down and possibly jailed.

Trump and Biden border policies are not really all that different. The border has been a problem for many years and spans partisan politics. In my mind, I don't understand the crowd that is vehemently principled against things like affirmative action and equal outcomes also wanting to artificially limit "the best man for the job" by closing borders. Regardless of that, the real problem is the employers and corps that hire illegals for cheap labor.

Same as above with "China". Not sure what you want to punish them for if they are simply participating on the world market. I also don't operate from a position that requires there to be a bad guy responsible for everyone's woes. Not saying that's you, just that too often we need someone to point fingers at and China Bad is popular at the moment.

I know a lot of people bitch about high costs of living and more and more expensive consumer goods. Not saying that this is solely the result of any one policy, but Trump punishing China by placing tariffs on China would be a big driver of these increased costs. Maybe you had something else in mind, not sure. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. You want cheap Walmart type goods? You need China. Personally, I prefer buying things that don't automatically break within a year, but I can afford it. However when a large part of the country complains about how expensive everything is, things like tariffs will do that. And greed.

There's a discussion to be had about providing real safety nets for the most downtrodden and poor. But we're WAY beyond that now, with expectations and entitlement for everything. Without input or effort.

The issue here is appealing to the working class. 3/4 of all Americans life pay check to paycheck. Financial mismanagement has eroded purchasing power. Too many problems to solve in one forum. The Democrats and for some part Republicans have failed us.

I said nothing about removing the police

Why you gotta lie bro. That just kills the vibe. I quote you:

"dissolve fbi
dissolve homeland security
get rid of tsa"

Most of the above sounds great, however I personally believe that money is too entrenched in our political system to viably get rid of.

I know some people here disagree with me about this, however we basically have an entire infrastructure of legalized bribery (corporate lobby). People want to play word games and try and differentiate lobbying vs bribing, but it's really the same thing. Yes, in lobbying there is no formal quid pro quo so to speak, however donating for favorable legislation is implied, otherwise there would be no such thing as lobbying. It's a semantical way to bribe politicians without appearing dirty.

One of the problems with getting money out of politics is that your average American has become so far removed from "individualism", and instead has become purely selfish. And most of our politicians are raised and educated in this hyper selfish culture, so it should be no surprise that most politicians are going to do what's best for themselves before addressing what the nation needs. Everyone is taught to look out for numero uno first and foremost, and that doesn't stop when you become a politician.

I would add to your list that the DoD (Pentagon) should be forced to pass an audit, which they have never been able to do. Routinely coming up with trillions of dollars "unaccounted for" is beyond insane, but nobody bats an eye. Imagine if you as a business owner tried to pass an audit in this manner - you'd be shut down and possibly jailed.

Trump and Biden border policies are not really all that different. The border has been a problem for many years and spans partisan politics. In my mind, I don't understand the crowd that is vehemently principled against things like affirmative action and equal outcomes also wanting to artificially limit "the best man for the job" by closing borders. Regardless of that, the real problem is the employers and corps that hire illegals for cheap labor.

Same as above with "China". Not sure what you want to punish them for if they are simply participating on the world market. I also don't operate from a position that requires there to be a bad guy responsible for everyone's woes. Not saying that's you, just that too often we need someone to point fingers at and China Bad is popular at the moment.

I know a lot of people bitch about high costs of living and more and more expensive consumer goods. Not saying that this is solely the result of any one policy, but Trump punishing China by placing tariffs on China would be a big driver of these increased costs. Maybe you had something else in mind, not sure. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. You want cheap Walmart type goods? You need China. Personally, I prefer buying things that don't automatically break within a year, but I can afford it. However when a large part of the country complains about how expensive everything is, things like tariffs will do that. And greed.

Good analysis. A bit too laissez-faire for me though.

The people saying "copy the canada healthcare system" might want to instead copy Germany, who has the best free healthcare.

Canada is among the worst free healthcare. Bloated administration positions. In fact we have 10x more spending on administration than Germany with way worse results in quality.

The people saying "copy the canada healthcare system" might want to instead copy Germany, who has the best free healthcare.

Canada is among the worst free healthcare. Bloated administration positions. In fact we have 10x more spending on administration than Germany with way worse results in quality.

100%

So you would be a fascist anti-american...

To people who believes in fairy tales, I suppose so. It's time to come out and admit the lunacy, allow your rational potential to shine through. You can do it.

Back