• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Ilia Topuria received by the President of Spain

Busgosu

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just made the news now.
Apparently the president has promised to expedite the procedures to finally grant his nationality (which has been declined 2 times so far). After this he will only be legally Spanish and allowed to compete on international competitions under the Spanish flag since unlike reported by some Spanish outlets, there is no dual citizenship agreement between Spain and Georgia, so he will be following the steps of Nico Shera, a Georgian native who has been competing in Judo at elite level since he was 14.
https://www.marca.com/combates-ufc/2024/02/27/65ddc10122601d3d518b4590.html
EFE-topuria-kx6C-U601382518371mWC-1200x840@diario_abc.jpg

Here with the President of Madrid and the Major of Madrid (Commonly known as DICKFACE)
633f450d-68a7-4737-8042-1c2c84bdbc60_1200x680.jpeg
almeida-recibe-a-ilia-topuria-0126675_1200.jpeg

Last edited:
Is Spain going so out of their way to embrace him because he's an immigrant or rather because he looks Spanish and has a Spanish sounding last name?
The press put pressure on the president to receive him and also to solve his citizenship status. I've been married to an eastern european woman and I know the procedures. It's not that easy, specially if you have some kind of previous record or something. I don't know the exact case with Ilia, but he had applied twice and both times was denied.

Just made the news now.
Apparently the president has promised to expedite the procedures to finally grant his nationality (which has been declined 2 times so far). After this he will only be legally Spanish and allowed to compete on international competitions under the Spanish flag since unlike reported by some Spanish outlets, there is no dual citizenship agreement between Spain and Georgia, so he will be following the steps of Nico Shera, a Georgian native who has been competing in Judo at elite level since he was 14.

Here with the President of Madrid and the Major of Madrid (Commonly known as DICKFACE)

LOL at the midget Bill Gates

Is Spain going so out of their way to embrace him because he's an immigrant or rather because he looks Spanish and has a Spanish sounding last name?

His name/lastname is not Spanish sounding at all. They are getting behind him because he fights out of Spain and represents Spain. They will most likely do whatever it takes to give him nationality now that hes a big star. Spain loves to have star athletes in any sport so once a non mainstream sport gets a Spanish athlete the media goes all over them and the sport starts to get viewers. There are countless examples of this.

This is crazy he's not even spanish he moved there at like 15 lol.
spain is desperate af though wtf kind of reaction is this to have a dude get a ufc belt in a small division is this the first time ever or something ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just made the news now.

Damn, Ilia was doing fine on the fashion side and ruined it all with this appalling grey double breasted rag. WTF.

This is crazy he's not even spanish he moved there at like 15 lol.
spain is desperate af though wtf kind of reaction is this to have a dude get a ufc belt in a small division is this the first time ever or something ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
you either can't read, are retarded or both

His name/lastname is not Spanish sounding at all. They are getting behind him because he fights out of Spain and represents Spain. They will most likely do whatever it takes to give him nationality now that hes a big star. Spain loves to have star athletes in any sport so once a non mainstream sport gets a Spanish athlete the media goes all over them and the sport starts to get viewers. There are countless examples of this.

His first name no. When I first saw him I only knew his last name and assumed he was Spanish. Topuria reminds me of a lot of Spanish names like Tapia, Garcia, Longoria, and other names ending with -ia or -ria. I guess Georgians use the same suffix, but it's distinctly latin sounding to me. Not like Chikadze or Dvalishvili.

Last edited:
Ilia was in a famous tv program in Spain and appeared at the beginning of the soccer match between Real Madrid and Sevilla in Bernabeu stadium.
He is becoming an idol in Spain and making spaniards get interested in MMA

is there a particular reason I am being vigilantly reminded of this man's every publicity stop, meal, and social activity

is there a particular reason I am being vigilantly reminded of this man's every publicity stop, meal, and social activity

He's an undefeated world champion who just spectacularly knocked out one of the greatest featherweights of all time and a P4P fighter of this generation?

Its a pretty small sport, this will be big news for a month.

Back