Media Ilia Topuria "Think UFC Wants Me To Headline UFC 306: The Sphere" - Won't Fight Max Unless It's For BMF Belt

If he's fighting Max he's not fighting in Aug in Aus, he's not gonna fight in Abu Dhabi. There is another card probably Oct 5th with no venue but I doubt they go to Spain this year so Sphere makes sense.

Yes I know he's not Mexican but other than Grasso/Val which aint a PPV main event what could UFC do there? Theres no Cain HW champ to run out there so you have to come up with something. Yes the card will be built around celebrating the mexican fighting spirit but that doesnt mean every fighter on the card is gonna be Mexican.

Maybe UFC would have been better off just doing a fight night like last year and then doing PPV at the Sphere as just a reg PPV not not built around mexican independence day.

Sounds like he's digging for excuses not to fight Max. He has the legit belt so why would he want a belt that honestly means shit? He's scared homies!

The BMF gimmickry is catching on, especially after a memorable performance like that. He'll be the first champion to also hold the BMF belt simultaneously. A critical accomplishment in the UFC Attitude Era

The BMF gimmickry is catching on, especially after a memorable performance like that. He'll be the first champion to also hold the BMF belt simultaneously. A critical accomplishment in the UFC Attitude Era
Well let’s see if he can hold the bmf belt. He will have to put the fw belt on the line for that to be an option.

For a guy with zero title defenses, Ilia has sure turned into a diva.

Well let’s see if he can hold the bmf belt. He will have to put the fw belt on the line for that to be an option.

Doesn't really make sense to fight for the BMF belt and FW belt... then it just becomes 1 in the same. How can anyone defend their championship belt and not defend the BMF at the same time? Not much of a BMF if that's the case.

Have to keep them separate.

Doesn't really make sense to fight for the BMF belt and FW belt... then it just becomes 1 in the same. How can anyone defend their championship belt and not defend the BMF at the same time? Not much of a BMF if that's the case.

Have to keep them separate.
My point is if they both make weight at 145 then the FW belt has to be up for grabs if they fight each other. Dana knows the FW belt is more meaningful than bmf belt. Dana also loves max and knows he is a big star now. One of the biggest in mma. If max wants to fight for the fw belt then he will get his chance.

If he's fighting Max he's not fighting in Aug in Aus, he's not gonna fight in Abu Dhabi. There is another card probably Oct 5th with no venue but I doubt they go to Spain this year so Sphere makes sense.

Yes I know he's not Mexican but other than Grasso/Val which aint a PPV main event what could UFC do there? Theres no Cain HW champ to run out there so you have to come up with something. Yes the card will be built around celebrating the mexican fighting spirit but that doesnt mean every fighter on the card is gonna be Mexican.

Maybe UFC would have been better off just doing a fight night like last year and then doing PPV at the Sphere as just a reg PPV not not built around mexican independence day.
I gotta say though, even if they do have Spain at the back end of this year, would you really wait for that look while Max's star power is sizzling hot right now?

The faster they get back in there the more PPV buys its gonna get

He was always low IQ brawler
1.islam
2.oliveira
3.porier (porier wins 9 out of 10)
4.arman
5.gamrot
6.benua

All these guys can beat him he should not be top 5
He has power yes.
you really thought you could sneak BSD in there without us noticing huh? lmao.

How tf are you guys associating a Georgian that speaks Spanish, from Europe, to the card in Mexico? You Americans are funny af. Legit made me giggle. "Speaks Spanish? He's Mexican!"

I think Holloway fucks him up, unless he has trouble/fucks up getting back down to 245

You don't get to fight for the BMF belt unless you're a veteran who has a long history of BMF type fights. Topuria doesn't seem to understand the point of it.

Max fought for the BMF title after 32 pro fights, 28 of which were in the UFC.
Gaethje after 28 fights, 11 in the UFC.
Poirier after 36 fights, 27 in the UFC.
Nate 31 fights, 24 in the UFC.
Masvidal 47 fights, 17 in the UFC.

Meanwhile, we have Topuria demanding to fight for the BMF belt after 15 fights, 7 of which have been in the UFC.

Last edited:
BMF at 155? I wouldnt mind, but its the BMF belt tied to 155lbs? I feel like it should so the BMF belt doesnt get lost in a FW title fight.

Back