I'll never make fun of Chris Weidman again

I wish he got a different opponent for his (likely) last fight. Bruno Silva is a tough mofo who hits like a truck. Don't see it ending well for Chris

Teh Chris has had a very tough strength of schedule in the UFC no easy fights.

Say what you want about how poorly he’s been doing as of late, but beating the likes of Munoz, Silva, Maia, and Machida was a pretty big deal…

The Munoz fight was especially impressive. He worked Munoz over in the ground and then hurt him standing up. This was during a time where Munoz was a beast…

That being said, I will probably keep making fun of him like I make fun of everyone.

That spinning wheel kick followed by the knee yoel landed ended Chris’s prime fast

Always liked Weidman. He's a testament to an era or at least ethos that is already seemingly gone, a guy who wants the biggest challenges and to fight the best of the best. Thats the mentality I want to see out of a fighter. Personally I don't really give a shit about the tabloid aspect of mma or sports so maybe thats why I'm missing the joke. Seems like a solid guy and was a badass, well rounded fighter in his prime. I don't even fault him for destroying his body and being delusional enough to want to still compete, that shit is burned into an athletes DNA and it's very hard to turn it off when it's all you've ever known. War Chris aka please get injured before your next fight so you don't have to take another beating. Watching that defenseless leg getting battered is grody.

I don't understand how someone could hate on him, outside of Silva fans that are still not over how he beat him twice. He's a nice guy and his fights were always dynamite.

Similar to thanking JEEZUS CHROIST
As you know, the most pious act for a man, is to irreparably harm people for profit and entertainment. That's why we were put here.
If you're going to hate vocally religious fighters, you'll basically be left with fanboying Mir.

Not big Weidman fan but I dont believe in "lucky" wins. He made perfect block and I respect that.

Could be a coincidence but 13-0 pre-USADA and 2-7 post USADA. I personally think Rockhold broke him and maybe Lyoto contributed a bit too but it's interesting timing.

Only fighter I think for sure fell off becsuse of USADA is Hendricks.
But Chris didn’t fight slouches he didn’t look bad at all against Yoel the whole fight changed in an instant

Never my boy but I always respected his skill as a fighter.

Having a competitive match in ADCC as a purple belt with like 1-2 years of BJJ training is seriously impressive.

He fought anyone and everyone. Can’t hate on that.

Anderson twice, Belfort, machida, Rockhold, Yoel, Gerard, jacare, gastellum, and moving up to face Reyes is an insane run of fights

I just watched The Return on ESPN. It's about Chris Wediman's comeback from his snapped leg. All I can say is that this guy has given more for the sport and the fans than any of us ever will. I will never make fun of him again. I was a big fan on his comeup, and thought it was awesome when he beat Silva. Lately I've just been saying he should retire. Maybe he still should but I have nothing but respect for the man either way. Peace, Chris.

Ok, Chris. Nice try.

Weidmans fall from grace was even more shocking than Andersons decline.

I don't think the UFC ever really liked him that much personally, he spoilt the Silva cash cow and Dana was happy to trade him in when he started losing putting him into a succession of big name fights rather than comebacks which quickly burnt out his career.
He was a top guy and a former champ of course he got big name fights. Who is he supposed to be fighting, bums?

I just watched The Return on ESPN. It's about Chris Wediman's comeback from his snapped leg. All I can say is that this guy has given more for the sport and the fans than any of us ever will. I will never make fun of him again. I was a big fan on his comeup, and thought it was awesome when he beat Silva. Lately I've just been saying he should retire. Maybe he still should but I have nothing but respect for the man either way. Peace, Chris.
I think most fans don't realize the abuse these guys do to their own bodies for our entertainment.
That's why even those I hate, I have mad respect for theit craft.

Same here, will never make fun of The Chris "Still my Boy!"

Back