"I'm the Michael Jordan of Commentators" - DC

"I'm not just a professional, I'm the Michael Jordan of Commentators" says DC.
Cruz quips back multiple times - "definitely the Charles Barkley of Commentators."

Cruz is such a snarky little prick. It's a little cringe sometimes, but I have to say I get a kick out of it considering what an eye poking, scale cheating, hot dog brander using, company dickrider DC is. Pretty hilarious as what started it was DC having a creaky voice for a second during the main event Saturday night and Cruz telling him to have a drink and be a professional lol.

Heh heh.

Dom would never diminish himself for money the way Cormier does

Oh wait :)

1714393246506.png

My favorite Cruz on Coms moment was Andrade vs Rose

“She can’t clam her here, she can’t be slammed here. She’s holding the arm so she can’t slam her. She won’t be ab….”

*BLWAMPTH!!! Rose gets slammed on her head*

“I was just about to say if Rose let’s go of the arm she’s attacking the kimura with, she can’t be slammed on her head”
Cruz can't ever admit he was wrong haha

It doesn't matter if you get Firas Zahabi, Robin Black, The Weasle, MMA GURU, Mighty Mouse, etc. Someone's always going to criticize their commentating. They're all going to say silly things live on TV. Some are going to focus on this aspect than that aspect, this fighter's gameplan instead of the opponent's, etc. Once they're gone, you can glorify Stann, Goldberg, or whoever you want, you can pretend you can do a better job. You can pretend Joe used to have it but has now lost it, whether due to age, drugs, money, lack of interest, etc. Lower the volume, play music, or listen to the Brazilian broadcast team if it makes you enjoy the spectacle more. As long as the fights are entertaining or gripping, it really doesn't matter. And if the fight is boring as all hell or full of illegal blows, bad ref, or bad judge scoring, it's not going to matter how good the commentators are. That being said, there aren't many former UFC champs who can either do better than DC and Dom or want the job in the first place, and the UFC is putting stock in the fans' assumption that former champs know what they're talking about at the top level of MMA more than 99% of humans.
To be honest anyone working for the UFC is going to be heavily comprimsied because the commentary is always going to involve a load of dishonest shilling for the brand, much moreso than most sports commentary your basically a UFC PR guy.

Back