In hindsight, Gus made a mistake in accepting the fight

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
When the picogate scandal broke out, Gus should have done the right thing and pulled out and made the statement he meant to make when using the anti doping t shirt.

I know he probably needed the money since he hadn't fought in a year and a half (although I remember hearing he opened up a business in Sweden), but he went for that short term money instead of that long term investment in his sport. I don't blame him in a way, family first right?

But at the same time I recognize the blown opportunity to stand up for what was right. He essentially fought a guy that was caught illegally cheating and still decided to fight with the odds against him.

Ufc 232 set a new precedent. It marked the beginning of a blatantly corrupt fraudulent doping agency era

Congrats to the ufc, Jones, usada and all the parties involved. They screwed up the sport. Jones is now the new Brock, the poster boy of undeserved opportunities and biased treatment in favor.

So much for a level playing field.

24 years being a fan of mma, I've seen it evolve this far only to now watch it devolve before my very eyes.

Ufc =
Un fair championship
Ultimate farce competition
Usada fraudulent corruption
Useless fake Combat

Last edited:
Definitely tanked his stock. That has got to kill his confidence.

Didn't need hindsight.

I like to think Gus got paid extremely well for just accepting the fight. There were few good reasons to accept the fight after the drug test.

Love all the tears and excuses from jones desperate haters

It's ok
Everyone that has ever set foot in the cage with Jones has made that same mistake
Gus is very good
Jones is just different
<JonesLaugh>

Yeah taking a fight against someone who's doing is one thing but when you're in the worst shape of your life there's no shame in saying no

Yep. Gus accepted the fight and way too many people bought the PPV. Everyone needs to start boycotting the sociopaths fights. Fighters, fans... everybody. Because it’s obvious breaking the rules and being caught cheating won’t get rid of this turd. So fighters and fans need to step up.

Love all the tears and excuses from jones desperate haters
Not even that invested in jones as much as you are which is worrisome considering your role model is a sociopath and bad example for the youth and society in general.

Gus got to main event, get a great payday and compete for the vacant title.

He made the right move.

Not even that invested in jones as much as you are which is worrisome considering your role model is a sociopath and bad example for the youth and society in general.

Lol you sound like a giant pussy

If he succeeded at negotiating for a significantly higher purse, then he probably chose wisely.

My guess is he used this situation to make a boatload of money. He didnt seem very upset with the loss.

He was guaranteed at least 500k and ppv points. This might very well be his last fight. And it's not like there's any way to count on the fight happening again. I think he'd have been crazy not to take it

If Jones mans up and moves up (or goes to prison or gets banned for life), Gus becomes the LHW champion. Let's not cry for him just yet.

When the picogate scandal broke out, Gus should have done the right thing and pulled out and made the statement he meant to make when using the anti doping t shirt.

I know he probably needed the money since he hadn't fought in a year and a half (although I remember hearing he opened up a business in Sweden), but he went for that short term money instead of that long term investment in his sport. I don't blame him in a way, family first right?

But at the same time I recognize the blown opportunity to stand up for what was right. He essentially fought a guy that was caught illegally cheating and still decided to fight with the odds against him.

Ufc 232 set a new precedent. It marked the beginning of a blatantly corrupt fraudulent doping agency era

Congrats to the ufc, Jones, usada and all the parties involved. They screwed up the sport. Jones is now the new Brock, the poster boy of undeserved opportunities and biased treatment in favor.

So much for a level playing field.

24 years being a fan of mma, I've seen it evolve this far only to now watch it devolve before my very eyes.

LMAO <45>
"And I would have won, too! If it wasn't for that meddling picogram!"
"Yup, without that picogram of performance-enhancing substance from over a year ago, I would have kicked his ass!"

ROFL

Yep. Gus accepted the fight and way too many people bought the PPV. Everyone needs to start boycotting the sociopaths fights. Fighters, fans... everybody. Because it’s obvious breaking the rules and being caught cheating won’t get rid of this turd. So fighters and fans need to step up.
You sound so pathetic hahaha

Back