In-N-Out Burger

I love In-n-Out and go there often. I can't think of another chain who hold themselves to such a high standard. When people say they're overrated, I just can't wrap my head around it considering they're probably the freshest burger chain on the market. I get taste is subjective, but calling a company who prides themselves on quality with strict standards is far from overrated. There's a reason there's always a line outside an In-n-Out.

Some interesting stats:
  1. Hamburger Patties: In-n-Out’s hamburger patties are made using only fresh, individually inspected, whole chucks from premium cattle specially selected for their burgers. These patties are 100% USDA ground chuck, free of additives, fillers, and preservatives. In-N-Out controls the entire process, ensuring the quality and freshness of every patty. They deliver these patties directly from their own patty-making facilities in Baldwin Park, California; Lathrop, California; and Dallas, Texas. The reason why there is no In-n-Out's on the east coast is that all In-n-Out locations must be within 300 miles of one of their patty-making meat distribution centers.
  2. Ingredients Freshness: In-N-Out doesn’t even own a microwave or freezer. All their ingredients are delivered fresh to their stores.
    For instance:
    • Lettuce: Their iceberg lettuce is hand-leafed.
    • Cheese: They use real American cheese.
    • Onions and Tomatoes: In-N-Out locally sources and selects the best available onions and tomatoes.
    • Buns: Their buns are baked fresh using old-fashioned, slow-rising sponge dough.
    • Burgers: Each burger is made one at a time, cooked fresh to order.
    • French Fries: In-N-Out’s fries come from the finest, freshest potatoes. They’re shipped directly from the farm, individually cut in their stores, and then cooked in 100% sunflower oil.
    • Shakes: In-N-Out’s shakes are made with real ice cream—the only way they’ll ever make them
My friend once told me that Whataburger was better than In-n-Out. Since then, I have never trusted his restaurant recommendations again.

For me it's the taste/price combo. To get something slightly better I'd have to go somewhere 50% more expensive.

Compared to McDonald's or Burger King it's kinda crazy how much better it is AND that it's cheaper.
I think that with Burger King it really depends on which one you go to. I’m betting the franchisees are given a lot of latitude as to how they run the place.

Because I’ve been to a Burger King that wasn’t good. But the one in the neighborhood in which I grew up was always really good. In fact, I stopped by there not too long ago to get a Whooper for the first time in 15 years. It was one of the best burgers I’ve had in recent memory.

I think that with Burger King it really depends on which one you go to. I’m betting the franchisees are given a lot of latitude as to how they run the place.

Because I’ve been to a Burger King that wasn’t good. But the one in the neighborhood in which I grew up was always really good. In fact, I stopped by there not too long ago to get a Whooper for the first time in 15 years. It was one of the best burgers I’ve had in recent memory.
I dunno man I used to live next to a Burger King two different times. And I've been to I don't know how many ay airports or in the road or whatever. At BEST it's mid. I'm talking going back like 20+ years.

Last time I liked them was when I was like 17. I remember going and picking up some Rodeo Burgers when I was putting my first pc together. Those things were fucking good.

I dunno man I used to live next to a Burger King two different times. And I've been to I don't know how many ay airports or in the road or whatever. At BEST it's mid. I'm talking going back like 20+ years.

Last time I liked them was when I was like 17. I remember going and picking up some Rodeo Burgers when I was putting my first pc together. Those things were fucking good.
Like I said, they’re probably given a lot of latitude as to how they want to run them. Maybe the one I went to was a statistical outlier.
But I just think In & Out is decent. I don’t think it’s all that great.

Back