International India Facing Healthcare and Economic Disaster from Second Wave of COVID

See, this is what I thought. I told my work that I wanted to not take the vaccine since I’ve got antibodies still (verified through blood work) and that if I needed to take the vaccine to be able to go on job sites I would. My boss came back and said they’ve been consulting with lawyers and health professionals who claim vaccine immunity last longer which I don’t believe to be true.

Damn... that last part is completely untrue with COVID (that vaccine immunity lasts longer), in part, because we haven't been able to test for vaccine-induced immunity for as long as we have for natural immunity. As far as I know, every study testing duration of immunity after recovery has found strong evidence of ongoing protection (the longest study I've seen was about 8 months after recovery).

Also, in other settings (eg schools) an antibody test is an alternative to getting vaccinated (ie if you have antibodies you don't have to take the vaccine).

I might ask them to put their claims in writing...

Damn... that last part is completely untrue with COVID (that vaccine immunity lasts longer), in part, because we haven't been able to test for vaccine-induced immunity for as long as we have for natural immunity. As far as I know, every study testing duration of immunity after recovery has found strong evidence of ongoing protection (the longest study I've seen was about 8 months after recovery).

Also, in other settings (eg schools) an antibody test is an alternative to getting vaccinated (ie if you have antibodies you don't have to take the vaccine).

I might ask them to put their claims in writing...

My issue isn’t my boss but a few of our clients who may demand vaccine proof to get on site.

My issue isn’t my boss but a few of our clients who may demand vaccine proof to get on site.
That sucks... this seems like an example of the dangers of pharmaceutical propaganda, like "You're only protected if you take our vaccine." And you've got a bunch of lemmings parroting basically the same without any knowledge or regard for the truth... all because, "Vaccines are safe and effective." SMH

india has 1.3 billion people, 2K deaths a day seems lower than the amount of deaths in america (still hovering 1K with 350M people), and we've got the vaccines going

Just some math to put things into context.

india has 1.3 billion people, 2K deaths a day seems lower than the amount of deaths in america (still hovering 1K with 350M people), and we've got the vaccines going

Death figures from India will not be very reliable as the country does not have a good record of recording deaths, particularly in issuing medically certified death certificates. Better to go by what the doctors are saying in the hospitals -seems to be a very bad situation.

Did you happen to see the part about the cremations exceeding the number of official Covid deaths?

This thread is giving me PTSD flashbacks from the early COVID mega threads before the virus went global.

This thread is giving me PTSD flashbacks from the early COVID mega threads before the virus went global.

If this thing mutates to the zombie virus ever, my money is definitely on it mutating in India for that

But yeah, the cremations happening at break neck speed beyond what the “official” death numbers says definitely is deja vu with early reports out of Wuhan

i'd multiply by at least two the official numbers from india
i'd say 10k a day is closer to the truth

I'd agree. Just from that one video of multiple people dying on stretchers in one small area of India would make one believe the situation is a lot worse.

Too late.

This Indian paper says the Indian double mutant strain has been found in the UK, US, Germany, Singapore and Australia.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/th...-us-germany-uk-two-other-nations-2288429.html

Below recent Japan Times articles say the Brazilian Covid death tolls are worse than India, but no one is paying attention to it.

The article requires one to make an account to read it.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/04/16/world/brazil-india-fatalities-covid/

It will hit canada soon.
New delhi flights have arrived this AM.

It will hit canada soon.
New delhi flights have arrived this AM.

It was confirmed in Alberta yesterday. It's too late, our government has failed to protect us again.

When this spreads around and causes further lockdowns, it will be the fault of those who didn't comply not those who refused to close our borders.

It was confirmed in Alberta yesterday. It's too late, our government has failed to protect us again.

When this spreads around and causes further lockdowns, it will be the fault of those who didn't comply not those who refused to close our borders.

It should have been a 6 month complete close at the first outbreak.

Unless you plan to ban all international arrivals, its inevitable that the variants will eventually make their way into your country. Even such outright restrictions often have exemptions, which may provide opportunities for an entry point; illegal immigration another. 'Red lists' etc can slow down the rate of entry, but the nature of the proliferation of the virus makes it impossible to stop completely, and once a new variant comes in it will start making its way through susceptible populations.

See, this is what I thought. I told my work that I wanted to not take the vaccine since I’ve got antibodies still (verified through blood work) and that if I needed to take the vaccine to be able to go on job sites I would. My boss came back and said they’ve been consulting with lawyers and health professionals who claim vaccine immunity last longer which I don’t believe to be true.

It's definitely not true. The vaccines only use the spike protein of the virus. There are markers in other proteins of the virus that T cells can use. In other words natural infection provides better T cell immunity than vaccines, and equivalent antibody immunity.

10K a day is equivalent to 2K american deaths a day

america peak was 4K a day, to reach american levels, they would need 20K deaths a day.

they would have to be off by a factor of 10, and that doesnt account for population density.

This is bad news for the rest of the world too as they recently stopped the export of the vaccines that they were producing there whilst they addressed their won vaccine effort. Apparantly the disease is now predominantly affecting younger people -those in 20s & 30s with a lot of severe disease and death in that age range. Whilst its not certain that the new variants are driving this, at least one of them is already widely distributed around the world having been detected in at least 20 countries.
Most 20-30 year old people in any given population are healthy, so what exactly is the logic behind it targeting the 20-30 years olds who are suffering from as you say a lot of severe disease? As with any respiratory virus its dangerous for the elderly vulnerable/immune compromised people of ALL ages.

It's definitely not true. The vaccines only use the spike protein of the virus. There are markers in other proteins of the virus that T cells can use. In other words natural infection provides better T cell immunity than vaccines, and equivalent antibody immunity.

I agree completely.

Back