Inevitable Merab wrestlef**k win incoming

Made big money on O'malley against Aljo and would do the same with this potential fight if Merab is somehow closed in odds.

Basically Merab would have to be perfect for 25 mins and O'malley just needs one.. Merabs ultra aggressive style will also work against him because O'malley loves when his opponents come after him
Not the same as Aljo. Aljo isn't going to gas people in the same way. With that said I might agree with O'Malley winning anyways. Merab can gas people though in a way Aljo won't

Merab susceptible to left hooks, so it isn't a given. Will expect total destruction if Sean somehow ends up fighting Topuria, though. I doubt Dana let's that happen, at least for a while.

I see it. Stalls for an Ilia fight which doesn't materialize, waits Merab out who's getting older and then let's Sandhagen fuck himself over by fighting guys further down the rankings.

Winner of Umar vs Sandhagen probably getting promised a title shot and marketed for it. Fighting Ilia is a no Brainer, boosts Seans brand, he risks nothing and stands to gain a lot with a win or even just a formidable performance. Should the UFC allow two champs who have a combined 1 defense between them to fight? Of course not but if they do, Omalley probably jumps at the opportunity. Meanwhile Ilia has no real challengers besides Max (if he wins vs Gaethje) or Evloev (who he doesn't want to fight)...or the most tired matchup of Ortega getting violated by the 3rd FW champ he's faced.

Merab holds people against fences. Doesn't hold people down. Submission threat isn't all there.
Yea, it's not a lock. He's not your hope to beat omalley.

Definitely a high chance the Sean gets wrestlefucked but well within the realm of possibility that merab gets caught. He's been caught before and gets hurt in a lot of fights

Winner of Umar vs Sandhagen probably getting promised a title shot and marketed for it. Fighting Ilia is a no Brainer, boosts Seans brand, he risks nothing and stands to gain a lot with a win or even just a formidable performance. Should the UFC allow two champs who have a combined 1 defense between them to fight? Of course not but if they do, Omalley probably jumps at the opportunity. Meanwhile Ilia has no real challengers besides Max (if he wins vs Gaethje) or Evloev (who he doesn't want to fight)...or the most tired matchup of Ortega getting violated by the 3rd FW champ he's faced.
Catchweight?

I'm a known wrestling nerd around here. I don't think it's very likely.

"Wrestling counters striking" is true broadly speaking but when you break it down it's a lot more complicated than that. Certain types of striking, certain types of strikers, etc.

Sean is a kickboxer. The best counter for a kickboxer isn't a wrestler, although it can be a counter. The best counter for a kickboxer is a boxer. Someone who can close the distance and has really good knowledge of combinations. I don't think Sean would have success at higher weight classes because fighters could step inside his range and attack the body/head.

Nah I think OMalley is legit. Close fight

Way worse strikers have cracked Merab and almost finished him. If you're counting someone like Suga out, you're dumb.

Sean loses to
Merab
Umar
Sandhagen
And Yan if they fight again

Beating Marlon means next to nothing lol

Made big money on O'malley against Aljo and would do the same with this potential fight if Merab is somehow closed in odds.

Basically Merab would have to be perfect for 25 mins and O'malley just needs one.. Merabs ultra aggressive style will also work against him because O'malley loves when his opponents come after him.

Suga didn't look comfortable with chito charging forward.

hope to see merab wrestlefucked the purple guy, Sugar is super good, but I don't like him has UFC champion

Merab is durable and a pressure machine. Sean is super talented but merab grinds him out

Back