Insane fights your fellow Sherdogger may not have seen

great thread, man

will definitely go through and watch some once I finish work

Stuff people most likely haven't seen?

Gonzaga vs Tuchscherer and Mighty Mo vs Barnett for the greatest nut smashes in the history of MMA.

May as well check out the grand master of that discipline Keith Hackney on Joe Son.

Njokuani KO'ing a fleeing Horodecki from behind.

I guess it's been long enough now that plenty of people won't have seen Starnes vs Quarry.

Who was it that Goodridge KO'd with a million elbows in a crucifix?

Rolles Gracie's UFC debut for the greatest cardio since Kimbo vs Dada.

Pete Sell vs Scott Smith was a great KO shot.
Yea Starnes vs quarry Is definitely underrated. A must see for any true just bleed fan. I think that fight took years off both of their lives.

Jorge Santiago vs Kazuo Misaki 2 is one of the best fights most of you have probably never watched because it happened in Sengoku.

To get an idea of build ups of fights, I like to watch career fights. Everyone knows Mike Tyson. For a great fucking time, just start with Mike Tyson.

Then the old K1 days. Ernesto Hoost. That guy was technical. Watch up until you see him vs Bob Sapp. They fought twice.

The good fights are so much more exciting when you can see how the world was getting amped up for these killers.

Just make the thread about Matt Brown. He deserves it.

Check out these finishing combo (first 17 secs of the video). He flopped and damn near dieded

Stout vs Stephens at UFC 113
Manhoef vs Cyborg

In this day and age, the following seem to be virtually unknown.

- Frank Shamrock versus Allan Goes from Pancrase Eyes of Beast 4. This one used to be the go-to fight when people would ask for Pancrase recommendations. Today, many years since people stopped even bothering to ask for Pancrase recommendations, this fight has receded even deeper into obscurity (which, let's be honest, is something that can be said about Pancrase itself, which is fucking tragic considering how many amazing fights between amazing fighters were put on by this groundbreaking organization). But it still deserves to be watched and talked about, as it's unquestionably one of the all-time great MMA battles.

- Tsuyoshi Kohsaka versus Kimo from UFC 16. This is an awesome heavyweight battle with both guys giving it everything they had. And it's extra fun with Tank Abbott in the booth calling the fight and getting pumped up.

- Igor Vovchanchyn versus Tra Telligman from PRIDE 13. Tra turns in a super gutsy performance and notches the massive upset after filling in on short notice for the injured Ken Shamrock.

Then the old K1 days.

Jerome LeBanner/Peter Aerts III from the 1999 WGP is one of the craziest 60 seconds of combat sports ever. As wild a pendulum swing as you can imagine and the arenas for those old K-1 shows were like active beehives, just relentless buzzing that you could feel while they were swinging. Then when someone would go down the roof would explode. For this one, with Aerts coming off of his third GP win - and the fastest win in K-1 history when you added up his total in-ring time - and already owning two stoppages over JLB, when he dropped JLB with that big head kick in the opening 10 seconds everyone, including Aerts, thought it was over. Then JLB comes back swinging and fucking obliterates Aerts with that left hand, sending the Dutch Lumberjack timbering into the corner like a felled tree.

An insane whirlwind of action with the arena going apeshit. Arena- and crowd-wise, there's been nothing like the old K-1 days with 50,000+ fans screaming their heads off while the best strikers to ever live waged war. And the whole old school K-1 library is on Fight Pass. Definitely worth checking out. Some of the greatest combat sports action you'll ever witness.

Ernesto Hoost. That guy was technical.

He didn't get the nickname Mr. Perfect by accident. My favorite fight of his is actually one of his losses: That razor close, five-round war between him and Andy Hug in the 1996 WGP. All the finals fights were always three rounds with an OT round in the event of a draw. They had to go two OT rounds. And they never fucking stopped. I remember watching that for the first time and feeling so stressed out, I was physically losing it because the stakes were so high and they were pushing it so hard.

When you're dealing with the top guys - Hoost, Aerts, Hug, JLB - all of their series of fights against one another are awesome and worth watching (and that's one of the many awesome things about K-1: The best fighters not only fought a million times a year, year after year, they also fought all the other best fighters a million times, year after year). For Hoost, it was very impressive how he bounced back and the following year thoroughly beat Hug en route to his 1997 WGP win. But that epic 1996 battle is easily my favorite from their series.

if you haven't seen Alan Belcher vs Toquino (Rousimar Paulharis) that's understandable

you probably think Alan Belcher's tattoo is weird

you don't know why you should be watching him
CHMk5XzWgAA4qZt.jpg:large

but you need to see something

Since the majority of people on this forum are either teenagers or UFC only douchebags...

Diaz vs Gomi
Wand vs Rampage 1&2
Frye vs Takayama
Shogun vs Lil Nog
Speak for yourself, you've only posted pride fights

Hellboy - Alvarez
Big Nog - Herring 1,2 (especially 1)
Jadambaa - Gafurov 1
Nick Diaz - Karo
Bushido 9
Pele - Newton

One of my favorite fights is Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida. Old but gold! First round is one of the greatest and whole fight is action packed. Neither guy slows down.

Robbie Lawler vs Aaron Riley
Yves Edwards vs Aaron Riley
Baroni vs Lindland 1 &2
Pele vs Hughes
Pele vs Newton
Ninja vs Matsui

Back