Instead of seeing Islam choke Gaethje, now we get to see him choke Poirier instead.

B-Level

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Wow, such an exciting matchup. I definitely can’t imagine the ending to this one. Islam RNC over Dustin? No way.

Definitely a more interesting fight than the Arman rematch…

<{hfved}>

Only realistic alternative that doesn't involve a top guy sitting on a couch is if they did Islam vs Leon and did Dustin vs Arman as a title eliminator

Seriously, fuck that. We've seen this fight through Khabib and there's no valid reason to give Poirier a third title shot off of a single win when Max and Arman are completely eligible

How is it less exciting than a rematch with Arman? Poirier has a solid puncher's chance, Arman doesn't even have that. He's primarily a grappler who has weaker wrestling than Islam, weaker grappling, and isn't much of a sub threat.

Islam would choke Gaethje faster then Khabib did.
Poirier might be able to survive a little bit more
Tsarukyan should be next either way

Arman gets the winner, so you're still going to see it either way.

you're just looking for something to complain about.

I also dont see the point in this fight. Islam fought Volk twice who came up in weight and now Poirer getting another title shot. I would rather see Islam fight Topuria.

For what its worth Islam fighting Topuria would be a better fight as the outcome is less certain than Islam fighting Poirer.

Ehh both guys are pretty interchangeable (Dustin/Justin) Ironically everyone Islam has fought top level was a FW before. Still after Dustin/Arman there isn't many standouts at LW. Islam is just here to stack his title defenses.

Arman is younger and Topuria isn’t going anywhere. I will never complain about Dustin fighting, so I’m glad he’s getting one last shot. I’m hoping he can catch Islam with something before he has to play survival on the ground. Not highly likely but I wouldn’t put it past him. He is after all a bad mother.

This is basically Poirier vs Khabib 2? Sign me in even though this fight will end with an RNC instead of a KO.

SMESH

After Islam takes care of Dustin and Armen, what is there for him at LW?

Back