Tech Intel's newest $350M machine: Big chip energy

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Intel engineers are moving along quickly getting the machine tuned an ready for production.

If only that guy could have waited to get banned until later this year, he'd have had so much more ammo since Lunar Lake is going to ramp slowly and there will be as much competition as we've ever seen in decades for processors.
Ohhh I vaguely remember that thread. It was about making fun of people who were convinced Intel was dead wasn't it?

Did that uy get banned?

I can't seem to find the thread either

Discussion lives here, bud.
Thanks. So that's this subforums version of Kari Lake pulling ahead.

Anyway back on topic. Interesting stuff. I had though for a long time that CPU technology had hit a plateau and we were just seeing the newer gens of Intel core and amd ryzen just increasing speeds and adding cores while for the most part games weren't seeing significant gains from these advances. I was running a core i7 3700k for a really long time, until 2020 when I upgraded to i7 9700k. Still using that, considered moving to something newer but according to Tom's hardware guides the newer i7s and i9s aren't that much faster in real world applications.

Now it'll take game developers several years to utilize this new technology, lol.

Ohhh I vaguely remember that thread. It was about making fun of people who were convinced Intel was dead wasn't it?

Did that uy get banned?

I can't seem to find the thread either
Other way around (bearish on Intel), but yes he got permabanned i think.

Interesting footnote from Intel's financials, they only shipped 5 million Core Ultra since launch and are expecting to double that in Q2. So really supply constrained since Alder Lake shipped 3 times as much with only an extra month.

ASML being very secretive where the next few machines are going. Makes me wonder if they are not going to Intel's government chips project. US government has hinted they need to secure their ability to produce advanced chips an not rely on other countries. Intel could run the machines for the government. Just throwing this out there seeing how high this goes.

ASML being very secretive where the next few machines are going. Makes me wonder if they are not going to Intel's government chips project.

Defense department contracts like this wont be discussed in public.

Defense department contracts like this wont be discussed in public.
That's why I believe ASML said they will not miss not having business from China. I believe Britain, Germany an maybe France have them on order. I hear Germany put together an unreal 16 billion dollar package to secure advanced manufacturing. German optics giant even makes the lens an reflector for ASML.

Back