Tech "intel's f-----"

"The entire chip sector is hurting"

intel is now worth $112B (from 256B... and has $~50B debt and ~90B liabilities)

amd is $194B (from 53)
nvidia is ~$1T (from 144B)
tsmc is $441B
avgo is $303B
qcom is $115B
txn is $154B

intel lost $144B from the thread start til now and is ~broke, while the rest have thrived. funnier, even patty blamed intel's fall on abandoning euv. weird that all those buybacks didn't fix their fabs.

Well Intel Battlemage is in full gear for production by the end of 2023 and is significantly improved over Alchemist and features double the core count and have double the L2 cache then Alchemist. Recent software tweaks of the A770 has show it to perform on par with the 3070 to 4060 and that only 2nd generation of software patches. Battlemage should significantly improve performance and moving to 4nm will go a long way to that end. Yes yes yes Intel has had loses but they are hardly done I believe their product roadmap will bring nice improvements to their product stack.

images-1.fill.size_670x377.v1680631077.png

Well Intel Battlemage is in full gear for production by the end of 2023 and is significantly improved over Alchemist and features double the core count and have double the L2 cache then Alchemist. Recent software tweaks of the A770 has show it to perform on par with the 3070 to 4060 and that only 2nd generation of software patches. Battlemage should significantly improve performance and moving to 4nm will go a long way to that end. Yes yes yes Intel has had loses but they are hardly done I believe their product roadmap will bring nice improvements to their product stack.

images-1.fill.size_670x377.v1680631077.png

honestly, at this point, i'm almost pulling for intel. if it wasn't for the chips act bullshit, at least.

intel, amd, and nvidia all actually might be in big trouble long-term with all the megacaps designing their own. in the meantime, nvidia is drinking everyone's milkshake (which i think is ironically expediting the megacaps' push).

intel is in survival mode, though. there's hopium over jensen's comments (intel's sample looked good), but people are morons and don't realize that the chance of nvidia making 2-3 different designs for the h-series is never going to happen... and the qualcomm revelation was another oof (tl;dr - intel repeatedly missed deadlines and qcom said there's no fucking way they'd depend on intel)

honestly, at this point, i'm almost pulling for intel. if it wasn't for the chips act bullshit, at least.

intel, amd, and nvidia all actually might be in big trouble long-term with all the megacaps designing their own. in the meantime, nvidia is drinking everyone's milkshake (which i think is ironically expediting the megacaps' push).

intel is in survival mode, though. there's hopium over jensen's comments (intel's sample looked good), but people are morons and don't realize that the chance of nvidia making 2-3 different designs for the h-series is never going to happen... and the qualcomm revelation was another oof (tl;dr - intel repeatedly missed deadlines and qcom said there's no fucking way they'd depend on intel)

I am more concerned over China recent advancements in the CPU/GPU race as they gain traction with EV cars they look to gain in the high performance computing space. Their CPU is comparable to 2016 variant of Intel or AMD type CPU's. Doesn't sound too bad but they did this in like 2 years. They apparently been manufacturing in 14nm with their current chips and could have 10nm chips out by the end of this year early next year. They are making rapid progress and could have 7nm chips out before end of next year. Their GPU is not as much of a threat yet but given how fast they produced an X86 processor they could do serious damage to the PC market that is still currently dominated by AMD and Intel.

I am more concerned over China recent advancements in the CPU/GPU race as they gain traction with EV cars they look to gain in the high performance computing space

{<huh}

they're aren't really doing shit. they're in a worse position than intel was. at least intel had a few euv machines that they were neglecting... china's got jack and shit.

they're pushing more theoretical results than actual. what they're developing is way behind and to push boundaries of duv is just going to be shit yields.

is intel still fucked?

they came back strong with their 12th & 13th gen core processors.

nah, they're thriving.
that's what I was picking up on my end.

feel like they went bust after the 8th gen core processor lineup.

anyways, I'm looking at a z16 with an r9 to test out next. rather test that out than a 12th/13th gen machine, for now.

that's what I was picking up on my end.

feel like they went bust after the 8th gen core processor lineup.

anyways, I'm looking at a z16 with an r9 to test out next. rather test that out than a 12th/13th gen machine, for now.

...yeah, that was sarcastic. they're bleeding badly.

{<huh}

they're aren't really doing shit. they're in a worse position than intel was. at least intel had a few euv machines that they were neglecting... china's got jack and shit.

they're pushing more theoretical results than actual. what they're developing is way behind and to push boundaries of duv is just going to be shit yields.

China has been stealing technology to achieve this goal.

China has been stealing technology to achieve this goal.

yeah, not clicking that. ffs, man.

why are you such a wumao? who the fuck would post that source?

yeah, not clicking that. ffs, man.

why are you such a wumao? who the fuck would post that source?
Companies outside of the US are not really walking away from China even as they talk a good game they still host Chinese technology companies product introductions. A big Chinese company Huawei hosted a new phone introduction in Germany using Android OS. ASML and other chip making suppliers have hosted meetings with Chinese based IC providers. Even as they continue to state they will not sell their most advance hardware. Recently ASML California office got a visit from US government officials to talk with them over items they could be shipping.

Why are you so hateful that should be your question?

Companies outside of the US are not really walking away from China even as they talk a good game they still host Chinese technology companies product introductions. A big Chinese company Huawei hosted a new phone introduction in Germany using Android OS. ASML and other chip making suppliers have hosted meetings with Chinese based IC providers. Even as they continue to state they will not sell their most advance hardware. Recently ASML California office got a visit from US government officials to talk with them over items they could be shipping.

Why are you so hateful that should be your question?

hateful? you posted literal propaganda. again. for like the 500th time. you act like it's a coincidence that i called you a wumao 500 times here.

no idea why you always gotta shill. it's so weird, you're either verbally fellating patty or spamming ccp nonsense. how'd that imminent taiwan invasion go?

hateful? you posted literal propaganda. again. for like the 500th time. you act like it's a coincidence that i called you a wumao 500 times here.

no idea why you always gotta shill. it's so weird, you're either verbally fellating patty or spamming ccp nonsense. how'd that imminent taiwan invasion go?
I love the comment in bold print seriously?
88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

Intel is setting up to be the largest producer of chips in the world possibly surpassing TSMC as they continue to sign multi-billion dollar deals to build plants all over the world. People are still trying to see the impact on Intel growth but given the fact they seem to be moving closer to IBM and progress made in manufacturing on new substrates to improve chip densities and thermal characteristics of the chip.

Top it off they showed a 12 qubit chip that can be mass produced in quantities reducing the barriers of wide adoption of quantum computing to more industries. Of course the goal is to now vastly increase the number of qubits on the die and to that end Intel is hammering out a new chip that will increase the number of qubits. Goal is for 100,000 to 1 million and to seek similar goals as IBM in creating a combined process node with general purpose and quantum computing elements.

On a side note the Intel 4nm process node is moving forward quicker then the original scope to be able to loosen their need for 3 party manufacturing "TSMC" and to secure more customers to their production abilities. Intel Meteor Lake could see life an sent to 3 parties by Oct. and Intel creating another product line like Ultra to differentiate the radically different Meteor Lake vs the Core generation of chips.

"
BERLIN (AP) — Intel and the German government signed a deal Monday that will see the U.S. company spend more than 30 billion euros ($32.8 billion) to build a chip manufacturing site in the eastern city of Magdeburg, after Germany pledged to cover a third of the investment required.

Word of the agreement came as German Chancellor Olaf Scholz met Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger in Berlin.

Intel acquired the land for two semiconductor facilities in Magdeburg in November. It says the first one is expected to start production in four or five years.

“The investment in Germany means a significant expansion of Intel’s production capacity in Europe and is the biggest investment ever made by a foreign company in Germany,” Economy Minister Robert Habeck, who is also the country’s vice chancellor, said in a statement.

Before the revised letter of intent was signed Monday plans had foreseen a total investment of at least 17 billion euros. The German government confirmed that it will now provide 9.9 billion euros toward the total."

https://www.fool.com/investing/2023/06/20/intels-meteor-lake-could-be-a-game-changer/

So Intel still has some life left in it.

Last edited:
Intel is setting up to be the largest producer of chips in the world possibly surpassing TSMC

17 days later... after you posted a literal propaganda video, you imply i'm shilling and then post something so ludicrously false.

even patty never said this. even patty never even said they'd even aim to beat samsung in volume, let alone tsmc. even the snake oil salesman never said something so laughably fake.

ffs, man. the mod is pretty fucking ignorant and largely clueless about this shit, but you? good lord. the wumaos in the wild have more sense.

<JagsKiddingMe>

and lolz, intc dropped yesterday due to an analyst realizing they're going to ~have to break up just for their miracle plan to have a chance.

it's also amusing that seemingly every day one of the chuckleheads bumps this with some bizarro propaganda/irrelevant article/something about a budget build, it's comically bad timing.

intel's webinar didn't go too well today. more restructuring and more divestment to another shark (bain).

they're "hoping" to have a customer to announce by the end of the year. lolz.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...a-long-slog-for-its-foundry-business-425800a7

Any day now Intel is done lol.

Argonne National Laboratory and Intel announced on Thursday that installation of 10,624 blades for the Aurora supercomputer has been completed and the system will come online later in 2023. The machine uses tens of thousands of Xeon Max 'Sapphire Rapids' processors with HBM2E memory as well as tens of thousands Data Center GPU Max 'Ponte Vecchio' compute GPUs to achieve performance of over 2 FP64 ExaFLOPS.

The HPE-built Aurora supercomputer consists of 166 racks with 64 blades per rack, for a total of 10,624 blades. Each Aurora blade is based on two Xeon Max CPUs with 64 GB on-package HBM2E memory as well as six Intel Data Center Max 'Ponte Vecchio' compute GPUs. These CPUs and GPUs will be cooled with a custom liquid-cooling system.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/2-exaflops-aurora-supercomputer-is-ready

4tFweVwFiCbws7ACrNTAKf-970-80.jpg

Last edited:
Any day now Intel is done lol.

Argonne National Laboratory and Intel announced on Thursday that installation of 10,624 blades for the Aurora supercomputer has been completed and the system will come online later in 2023. The machine uses tens of thousands of Xeon Max 'Sapphire Rapids' processors with HBM2E memory as well as tens of thousands Data Center GPU Max 'Ponte Vecchio' compute GPUs to achieve performance of over 2 FP64 ExaFLOPS.

The HPE-built Aurora supercomputer consists of 166 racks with 64 blades per rack, for a total of 10,624 blades. Each Aurora blade is based on two Xeon Max CPUs with 64 GB on-package HBM2E memory as well as six Intel Data Center Max 'Ponte Vecchio' compute GPUs. These CPUs and GPUs will be cooled with a custom liquid-cooling system.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/2-exaflops-aurora-supercomputer-is-ready

is aurora finally delivered? so it's finally 2018? been waiting for 2018 forever.

glitter-rob-huebel.gif

HAPPY 2018!

lolz @ any day now when they're restructuring... seemingly every day now.

is aurora finally delivered? so it's finally 2018? been waiting for 2018 forever.

glitter-rob-huebel.gif

HAPPY 2018!

lolz @ any day now when they're restructuring... seemingly every day now.

, 'Sapphire Rapids' Xeons have an advantage over the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5000 Series as they support faster memory – DDR5 4,800MHz compared to DDR4 3,200MHz

1.6 ghz difference in memory clock is hardly insignificant. Yes it took sometime but we are talking about enhanced bandwidth offered by the new design and completely new chipset. 60 cores in the top model too.

Back