INTERESTING FACTOIDS (Pereira vs. Procházka)

WHO WINS: Pereira or Procházka?

• Total voters
Jiri Procházka's strength is that he "doesn't play by the rules" ...

He explodes, forces himself, and immediately escalates a pace ... whereas most fighters "pace themselves" and build momentum as the fight progresses.

This is really the entire WildCard of the fight:
  1. Will Jiri's insane immediate escalation catch Pereira by surprise, and get the KO early?; or
  2. Will Jiri expend himself early, will Alex handle it, and then will Pereira start fugging Jiri up, catching him finishing him in the mid-later rounds?
Either scenario is possible, even probable.

It's an exciting fight for sure.

Jiri is actually bizarrely good at escaping counter shots, too. It doesn't look like he should be, and he does get caught sometimes, but he never seems to take those shots flush - perhaps because of his explosive style and movement. Perhaps it leaves the counter striker winging their shots a little more desperately than normal.

I'm really amped for this one.

I can definitely see Jiri avoiding Alex's best shots, but I wouldn't bank on it either.

I like both fighters but perreiras fundamentals will be too much for jiris unorthodox style

Constantly switching stances. An iron chin. Nonstop forward zombie cardio. Awkwardness striking with incredibly deceptive reach.

Conventional wisdom says Alex gets the KO, but for all of the above reasons, I think Jiri gets a TKO.

Also, Jiri punches so much harder than Adesanya and we all saw Izzy place Alex in the shadow realm.

War Denisa.

The White Busta Rhymes will but Poatan whooooHaaaa in check
{<redford}

Can u picture Poatan with that thick AF cuban links? I think he might be the only man other than Busta to be able to pull it off.

But reading thru @Neck&Neck ’s autocorrect post, I do agree that odds are he (Jiri) will win. :(

I assume @HHJ is rooting for Jiri. And if the odds (in my view) had been closer, might have called him out for an AV / sig bet.

But I will still root for Poatan and hope that his varied training gets him the win.

Maybe I would be willing to risk it for an AV only bet? Hmmmmmm

Reactions: HHJ
I got Poatan by KO but Jiri is crazy unpredictable and goes all out from the opening bell. Easily my most anticipated fight of the year. Can't wait.

Unpopular opinion, but I think Alex will win via decision.
Alex like to keep things under control... Even having the power do 1hit KO anyone.
Both are awesome strikers, and I think no one will rush .
Jiri have a clearly advantage under brawls, if poatan got sucked by one of that I think it will end in an stunning elbow strike.
If he keeps the range, I think he will piece jiri with jabs, leg kicks and body blows.

Keys to Alex :
Keep it clean
Keep the range
Play the counter game

Keys to Jiri :
Make it messy
Lure with feints
Play the pressure game

Unpopular opinion, but I think Alex will win via decision.
Alex like to keep things under control... Even having the power do 1hit KO anyone.
Both are awesome strikers, and I think no one will rush .
Jiri have a clearly advantage under brawls, if poatan got sucked by one of that I think it will end in an stunning elbow strike.
If he keeps the range, I think he will piece jiri with jabs, leg kicks and body blows.

Keys to Alex :
Keep it clean
Keep the range
Play the counter game

Keys to Jiri :
Make it messy
Lure with feints
Play the pressure game

Agree with your assessment.

In re-watching Procházka versus Teixeira, I think Jiri is going to suffer a devastating KO loss.

You can't leave your face hanging out there like that against the guy like Pereira, especially when Procházka does not have the same size advantage he did over Teixeira.

Back