Intermittent fasting is the solution for obesity and here is why

Eat less calories than you burn with activity. That's literally it. That's the whole thing. No matter how you do it, that's it. No need to complicate things.

Eat less calories than you burn with activity. That's literally it. That's the whole thing. No matter how you do it, that's it. No need to complicate things.

Yes and no.

Eating 4,000 calories a day from garbage processed, high fat foods is not the same as eating 4,000 calories a day from good whole foods. Not all calories are created equal.

Garbage in = garbage out.

IF isn’t some magic fix, it works for some people as they can eat more for less meals a day and probably feel like they are following something that finally has an effect

It can also be liberating having to worry less about what you eat and still make progress

Ive been doing IF for 6 years. Started out doing a 16 hour fast with an 8 hour eating window.

Eventually ended routinely up doing a 23 hour fast every day, with a 1 hour eating window.
That was my Routine for 2 years and I Felt amazing.

Never lost strength in the gym and has high energy, and mental acuity.

There is a downside to fasting though. and I have the bloodwork to prove it. It absolutely skyrockets your Sex Hormone Binding Globulin which will bind up all of your free testosterone and Estrodial, while simultaneously falsely inflating your Total testosterone. In other words, you wont have enough circulating testosterone or estrogen in your system.
Yeah but wtf food do you pick for the 1 hour window

Yes and no.

Eating 4,000 calories a day from garbage processed, high fat foods is not the same as eating 4,000 calories a day from good whole foods. Not all calories are created equal.

Garbage in = garbage out.

No no no. Calories are all equal. They are calories.

You can deplete your minerals and vitamins by eating the wrong foods, which can affect your ability to be active and burn calories, sure. But there's no such thing as a "good" or "bad" calorie. There is no "junk" calorie. They are unit to measure energy. That's it.

Unless the 2nd law of thermodynamics has stopped working in the Universe it's all about calories in vs energy expended. Intermittent fasting is supposed to charge your metabolism or some shit, I never really saw it and I've been doing IF for years. For me it's generally the lesser calories consumed that causes the weight loss not some vaguely scientific mumbo jumbo

I was doing a form of it before I really knew what it was as well. I was always a big guy, not fat but 6'4 and anywhere from 220 to 255 at my heaviest. Always felt good. Like a beast actually. Then I injured my back and wasn't nearly as active. Felt like garbage due to inactivity. Had to change things up. I added low carb to my already wonky diet and felt really fantastic pretty quickly. I always feel like my body is producing energy. It literally feels like it's emanating outwards from my abdomen at all times. Even doing a mild workout now, which is all I can do really, kicks that up to quite a notch. Feels amazing in fact.
Low carb didn't work for me, I've always been a very high carb person. My old coach who was an idiot, got into the keto fad and tried pushing it on all of us. His excuse was "it was better for weight cutting", "xyz fighters do this and it works, so you do too. Man up", "carbs are bad for you". It should be noted he was not a dietician or had any background in sports science whatsoever. Anyhow, it had disastrous results for me. I was lethargic, had acne starting to pop up, and bad diarrhea frequently. I got fed up and went back to high carb and was back to normal, performing the way I should have.

You can deplete your minerals and vitamins by eating the wrong foods, which can affect your ability to be active and burn calories, sure. But there's no such thing as a "good" or "bad" calorie. There is no "junk" calorie. They are unit to measure energy. That's it.

You should actually read what I said in my post.

Then you should read what these (much smarter people) have to say about the subject:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/good-calories-vs-bad-overview-dr-alexander-jimenez-

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-reasons-why-a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie

Now go out there and consume 4,000 calories a day of donuts, chips and pop/soda. Let me know how that works out for you.

being starved for the whole day will make you eat more anyway.

Just not true. Actually the longer you wait to eat the less hungry you will feel, after a minimum amount of time. Hormones get released that have the side effect of curbing your appetite.

"During intermittent fasting, the periods when you are not eating give the body time to lower insulin levels, which reverses the fat-storing process. “When insulin levels drop, the process goes in reverse and you lose fat.”

Two other hormones, ghrelin and leptin, are also at work. Ghrelin is the hunger hormone and tells you when you’re hungry. “Some data suggest that intermittent fasting can decrease ghrelin,” Dr. Hutchins says. “There’s also some data that says there’s an increase in leptin, which is the satiety hormone. That’s the one that says, ‘Hey, I’m full.’”

With more leptin and less ghrelin, people will feel fuller faster and hungry less often, which could translate to fewer calories consumed and, as a result, weight loss."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/healthtalk.unchealthcare.org/does-intermittent-fasting-work/amp/

And I can't disregard my own results with the method. It was something I started doing and then discovered it was really close to intermittent fasting. 75 pounds later and I'm hungry maybe an hour a day. Even when I eat it's more because I know humans need nutrition. I almost never eat because I'm hungry except for Sundays when I enjoy two meals and perhaps a snack. And I only feel hungry for the second meal.

Pedantic.

ah, pizza.

good choice my man
I would have a lot of salmon, deli meats, vegetables, Bagels, rice and fruit.
I would also do a cheat day once a weekend where I would just go all out and eat whatever I wanted. I did this for 6 years, For two of those years I would only have one meal a day essentially. I actually got stronger in the gym too

Last edited:
the high sex hermone globulin. Never heard of that.
It’s usually a side effect of inflammation, or a lack of carbs/calories. Your hormones work in a balancing act. You have total testosterone, which is the total amount of testosterone in your body. A small percentage of that is actually circulating throughout your body, that is known as your free testosterone. And another percentage is converted into estrogen by an enzyme called aromatase. Sex hormone binding globulin is assumed to transmit your free testosterone and estrogen to tissues in your body to actually be used. When SHBG gets too high, it binds up all of your free testosterone and estrogen, not allowing it to reach the tissues in your body.

The result is low testosterone essentially. If you look at the bloodwork of lot of these guys who intermittently fast, they claim that they have high testosterone. When in reality, their total testosterone is falsely inflated, Because their free testosterone and estrogen have been suppressed due to the high SHBG.

my main symptom was my lack of sex drive.

I believe the reference range for ideal SHBG is around 10-50 nano mols per Liter...Mine was 94. Im on TRT now, exogenous androgens bring SHBG down. My last bloodwork had my SHBG at 30 nmol/L.

i’m not saying get on TRT or anything lol. Just saying dont go too crazy with the fasting. A 16/8 is probably a perfect fasting protocol

Last edited:
This is why the general public and consumers are so lost when it comes to nutrition and weight management because of discussions like this. If you know anything about tackling obesity at the epidemiological level that it's much more challenging and complex then you think. Yes calories in vs calories out is obviously important as an endpoint since it needs to occur in order to lose weight, but the bio-neuro-psycho-social and environmental aspects need to considered at an epidemiology level, a personal level and everything in between.

The reason why intermittent fasting works for so many people ( especially when they are trying to lose weight) is just because they are not able to eat that many calories when following it. Unless you really have coltrol under your portions of food you should follow intermittent fasting if you don't wanna be a fat fuck. Current society is not build around eating 6 meals a day, its build around eating as much as you can as fast as you can.

you will also live longer in general if you sustain a diet of not eating many calories.

you have to think of your body like a vehicle. the more food you eat, the harder your body has to work. and especially the more meat you eat, the harder your body has to work to digest it. it's the same with a vehicle. if you red-line your car at all times, the more wear and tear you put on it. the key is to eat foods that are more easily digestible. veggies, fish, chicken, fruits, etc. these are a lot easier on your body than the stuff most people eat, such as red meat, pizza, cookies, cakes, etc.

Back