• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Iran begins attack on Israel, launching dozens of drones that’ll take hours to arrive

Sure, if they fly at max altitude, in a straight line and all the countries in-between don't care about it then yeah, Israel may be able to lob a few bombs at Western Iran targets that are not underground if nothing goes wrong.

In reality that won't happen and would only make shit worse.

No, man, Israel has been working for years specifically to be able to strike Iran directly without having to refuel in the air. And the planes in question have stealth capabilities. They could probably do so without the countries in between even being aware their planes had crossed through their airspace. The only question is whether they want to show their hand at this junction.

Iraq -- arguably. And just for the record, I'm a pretty strong supporter of Israel but it stops at bombing the population of a country into the stone ages .
what is the proper strategy and response for Israel here ?

This was a pretty good operation all around.
> Iran saves face by actually shooting back
> America saves face by getting Israel not to retaliate
> Israel saves face by intercepting most missiles/drones
> nobody dies

All in all, pretty good.

So Iran backdoored their plans to the USA through Turkey to prevent escalation and Israel was told to swallow this successful defense as a victory by the USA. Glad seeing adults are still in charge.

This entire situation couldve gone south fast!
That does very much make it look like face saving, you could argue both sides get what they want from this, Iran to show its giving some response to Israeli actions and then this whole situation helps to keep Israeli warcrimes in Gaza off the front webpage for awhile.

Its the Israeli's themselves who potentially look the most unstable now, Bibi doing anything he can to stay in power, realising Biden has given him a green light for so much already and more long term I suspect a fear than Iran is rising in power as western sanctions weaken in the face of BRIC growth. Even John Bolton found there wasnt really the apatite for direct US attack under Trump outside of some assassination and I suspect there is more fear now that a direct conflict would weaken the US against China/Russia.

Iran has launched an attack against Israel with dozens of drones, according to the Axios news site.

Drones are assessed to take several hours to cover such a distance.

There is no immediate statement from the IDF on the attack

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-13-2024/
Are you going to mention that this is a reprisal for the Iranian consulate which was bombed by Israel last week, killing a few people? Or is this some kind of israel shilling thread? Genuine question I have not read the thread yet.

> nobody dies

All in all, pretty good.
Plus Iran informed Turkey, knowing it would pass it along to the US and then on to Israel.

Would be nice to see this conflict go back into the shadows.

> nobody dies

All in all, pretty good.
I don't see how Iran saves face. Either their attack failed completely or was meant to fail, neither of which is a show of strength. So Iran is either impotent or cowardly—perhaps both.

I don't see how Iran saves face. Either their attack failed completely or was meant to fail, neither of which is a show of strength. So Iran is either impotent or cowardly—perhaps both.
It was not an attack meant to do anything but show capability to conduct one and willingness to do so. There's a lot of measurements that were tested - response doctrine, response to high volume attack, willingness of big daddy to play along to whatever Israel wants to do. You'd be a fool if you think it was a failed attempt.

The issue with Iran saving face is Israel wants a fight and Iran doesn't and both sides know this. This is why Iran has put up with years of abuse from Israel.

The only thing that can stop this fight is US pressure. Israels not saying "thank god this crisis has been averted" they are thinking "we got to step this up to a point the Iranians have to attack"

The issue with Iran saving face is Israel wants a fight and Iran doesn't and both sides know this. This is why Iran has put up with years of abuse from Israel.

The only thing that can stop this fight is US pressure. Israels not saying "thank god this crisis has been averted" they are thinking "we got to step this up to a point the Iranians have to attack"
Israel wants a fight to the last American. They don't want to fight themselves.

Israel wants a fight to the last American. They don't want to fight themselves.

They don't want to put boots on the ground themselves because Iran is a gigantic country they couldn't dream of occupying(a US occupation would make Iraq look like fun by comparison). They absolutley want to keep bombing Iran like they are war with them.

I think it's time to deliver the donkeyfood to Tehran! Let them eat donkeyfood!

Are you going to mention that this is a reprisal for the Iranian consulate which was bombed by Israel last week, killing a few people? Or is this some kind of israel shilling thread? Genuine question I have not read the thread yet.
I've seen people bringing that up in the thread and seems like a valid point to mention.
This is how I understood it , that they've launched the attack as a response for the Iranian consulate bombing.
I will edit the message to have that info included too

Iran attacks Israel!

Response: israel bad!!

Bibi went out of his way to fuck up the JCPOA this is what they wanted, the whole bombing the embassy is just to goad Iran to do something stupid.

No, man, Israel has been working for years specifically to be able to strike Iran directly without having to refuel in the air.
F-35 operational range is roughly 800 miles, im sure they can always push it with external fuel tanks, but that would outright kill any stealth capabilities it has.

And the planes in question have stealth capabilities. They could probably do so without the countries in between even being aware their planes had crossed through their airspace.
They are low observable not stealth, the US will know and probably a lot of countries that have US provided radars will also know and in the end they will all know once the first strike happens.

It would also outright eliminate all the good will among Arabs who had their national airspace violated, so that certainly makes the Jordan-Saudi Arabia route off limits.

so it would have to go through Syria and Iraq, i don't know much about the current geopolitical make up of said countries but im guessing Turkey and the US at least would need to give the green go to Israel.

The only question is whether they want to show their hand at this junction.

That sounds like a tabloid.

Biden was right in the end, fucking up with the JCPOA only left one choice to deal with Iran, which is invasion.

I doubt China would let the US invade Iran, they are the top buyer of Iranian oil.

Bibi went out of his way to fuck up the JCPOA this is what they wanted, the whole bombing the embassy is just to goad Iran to do something stupid.

F-35 operational range is roughly 800 miles, im sure they can always push it with external fuel tanks, but that would outright kill any stealth capabilities it has.

They are low observable not stealth, the US will know and probably a lot of countries that have US provided radars will also know and in the end they will all know once the first strike happens.

It would also outright eliminate all the good will among Arabs who had their national airspace violated, so that certainly makes the Jordan-Saudi Arabia route off limits.

so it would have to go through Syria and Iraq, i don't know much about the current geopolitical make up of said countries but im guessing Turkey and the US at least would need to give the green go to Israel.

That sounds like a tabloid.
I think it's likely the attack will only happen if the US allows. If they do, they will probably refuel the Israeli planes too.
Biden may not want a war but he also wants to appear tough.

Back