Is anyone interested in watching Francis Ngannou box?

Is anyone interested in watching Francis Ngannou box?

• Total voters
not really, although I'm not a huge fan of mma, I don't like seeing them beat up in boxing. It's a no brainer generally. It's interesting that some of the older boxers lose though, I would think the difference is class is just so vast but age distorts everything.

If he can make good money, good for him but it doesn't look good for him or mma when they take a beating and it's really not a fair comparison. Some ufc guys have said, "let them come to our sport" that's a valid statement but there really isn't much to gain by doing that.

I think it would be fun. He has a bigger chance than Conor did simply because he has 1 punch knockout power. I suspect he would get completely schooled and be totally gassed by the 4th round though. After 1 fight, I doubt anyone will wanna watch him box again…..
He has one-punch KO power in MMA. It remains to be seen if that can translate into the ring with him wearing 10 oz. gloves and boxing shoes against world level boxers (who know how to take punches and defend against them a lot better than MMA fighters). I'm also expecting him to gas out after 3 or 4 rounds. The novelty will wear off when he gets knocked out and since he wants to jump into the deep end that will be sooner rather than later.

ACL reconstruction and MCL repair is not a minor injury/excuse. You are crazy if you don't realise how serious that is.

It isn't hate, I liked him as a fighter and thought he got screwed over during his prime while lesser fighters rematched leaving him with little opportunity to fight for belt.

Also injury in UFC contracts can extend them so I doubt it had anything to do with negotiations other than he was never signing under conditions the UFC would propose.
You can doubt all you want, that does not change reality.
It was clearly said for everyone even BEFORE his fight with Gane.
That was his last fight on his contract. He was not obligated to take any other fight. And if a year passed, he would be a free agent. That was simply his contractual status. UFC couldn't force him to fight.

And please understand: I am not making less of the injury. My point was that it was known he would not fight again for the UFC, unless they gave him a new contract with what he wanted.
Because this particular time, he had the power. The UFC gambled that Gane would take his belt (thus devaluing him). But Francis won and maintained his belt. That means he won (that specific "battle"), so he held all the cards.

yes. It's just something else to watch.

Seeing him on the pads it's obvious he has lost a lot of power with the gloves on

I am expecting him to rag doll if he gets thumped hard. Any talk of pairing him with Wilder should be illegal.

You can doubt all you want, that does not change reality.
It was clearly said for everyone even BEFORE his fight with Gane.
That was his last fight on his contract. He was not obligated to take any other fight. And if a year passed, he would be a free agent. That was simply his contractual status. UFC couldn't force him to fight.

And please understand: I am not making less of the injury. My point was that it was known he would not fight again for the UFC, unless they gave him a new contract with what he wanted.
Because this particular time, he had the power. The UFC gambled that Gane would take his belt (thus devaluing him). But Francis won and maintained his belt. That means he won (that specific "battle"), so he held all the cards.

I am not doubting the neg. It was pretty clear Francis wanted out and the UFC wasn't going to meet demands.

What I am doubting his that after a serious knee surgery at his is age which has a year recovery that it is likely he will turn back the clock. I think his performances are all downhill from here. Age + injury isn't a good combo. Yes there are exceptions but the odds aren't good.

I am not doubting the neg. It was pretty clear Francis wanted out and the UFC wasn't going to meet demands.

What I am doubting his that after a serious knee surgery at his is age which has a year recovery that it is likely he will turn back the clock. I think his performances are all downhill from here. Age + injury isn't a good combo. Yes there are exceptions but the odds aren't good.
Well, I see your reasoning, but don't forget he was the champion.... that should count for something to say he was not bad "yet" and we do not have any indication he is slowing down.
And like I noted, while the injury did happen, I think they made it seems like it's more than it was just so he could let more time pass (without a fight).

I hope you are wrong, but I understand that is indeed the odds.

not really, although I'm not a huge fan of mma, I don't like seeing them beat up in boxing. It's a no brainer generally. It's interesting that some of the older boxers lose though, I would think the difference is class is just so vast but age distorts everything.
I'd beat Evander Holyfield in a boxing match right now. He's far past being able to do anything in the ring. He fell over throwing a hook.

I'd beat Evander Holyfield in a boxing match right now. He's far past being able to do anything in the ring. He fell over throwing a hook.
Think so?

It’s going to be a beat down like mir puloev if wilder, rather have fury toy with his food, that will be more entertaining.

No, as I do not think he would be very good at it, if he does well maybe I will watch him box at a cheaper venue.

This is why Wilder vs. Francis is more interesting than other potential matchups. Francis has a good chin, and I could see Wilder landing something big and then getting wild like this, and Francis having enough wits left to drop wilder with a big shot.

If I was Francis I'd train to overreact to punches to try to draw this out of wilder.

Getting wide and wild against Francis is dangerous as hell:

91e366d62721deb1bd9e57806e80acb8.gif

Back