Is casein protein just as important as whey?

It's healthier to eat the fresh cheese then some stale flavored powder
Let's take the word stale out of your statement for a sec. The cheese gets to be fresh so let make them both fresh.

Can you explain why the cheese is healthier?

I don’t think it matters. You aren’t going to lose gains when you sleep. Just hit your protein macros

Let's take the word stale out of your statement for a sec. The cheese gets to be fresh so let make them both fresh.

You don't make them both fresh. Powder is more unatural and processed. It has artifical sweetening and flavors. It stands in a box for up to 1 year.

You don't make them both fresh. Powder is more unatural and processed. It has artifical sweetening and flavors. It stands in a box for up to 1 year.
Let's say that's all true.

You can find plain casein very easily. Hell you could find plain grass-fed organic casein if you wanted to, although the price bump wouldn't be worth it. All the muscle protein synthesis studies are done using whey protein or isolate by the way. Just because something is processed doesn't mean it's bad, just like something being natural isn't guarantee it's safe, either. Nuances and all that.

You can find plain casein very easily. Hell you could find plain grass-fed organic casein if you wanted to, although the price bump wouldn't be worth it. All the muscle protein synthesis studies are done using whey protein or isolate by the way. Just because something is processed doesn't mean it's bad, just like something being natural isn't guarantee it's safe, either. Nuances and all that.
Processed is ok. But eating the whole thing you get all the benefits. It's fresh and without aditives.

Butter and olive oil are processed, actually they are just extracted and in it's whole form. It's just seperated.

What is are the advantages of casien ?
I didn't say there were any.

Don't try to turn this around on me, you made the statement that it was healthier to eat the cheese.

I've asked if you can explain why? If you can't then maybe we should consider the possibility that it was a false statement.

Last edited:
I didn't say there were any.

Don't try to turn this around on me, you made the statement that it was healthier to eat the cheese.

I've asked if you can explain why? If you can't then maybe we should consider the possibility that it was a false statement.
I already did. Use google

I already did. Use google
LOL you didn't explain shit and you know it. What are you like 5 years old?
Feel free to quote and post your "explanations".
I'm even willing to hold your hand through what is apparently an incredibly challenging process for you.
Here are what I assume are your feeble attempts at throwing up a few words to pretend you answered in a feeble attempt to avoid answering:
"Powder is more unatural and processed. It has artifical sweetening and flavors. It stands in a box for up to 1 year."
Please oh please explain how that's "healthier", use your words little buddy.
or did you mean this "But eating the whole thing you get all the benefits" ? If so what are these benefits that the powder doesn't have.

I was kidding, you're obviously older than 5 but even a 12 year old could figure out how communication works and provide an explanation to backup what was claimed or admit that they really have never thought this through before saying it.

LOL you didn't explain shit and you know it. What are you like 5 years old?
Feel free to quote and post your "explanations".
I'm even willing to hold your hand through what is apparently an incredibly challenging process for you.
Here are what I assume are your feeble attempts at throwing up a few words to pretend you answered in a feeble attempt to avoid answering:
"Powder is more unatural and processed. It has artifical sweetening and flavors. It stands in a box for up to 1 year."
Please oh please explain how that's "healthier", use your words little buddy.
or did you mean this "But eating the whole thing you get all the benefits" ? If so what are these benefits that the powder doesn't have.

I was kidding, you're obviously older than 5 but even a 12 year old could figure out how communication works and provide an explanation to backup what was claimed or admit that they really have never thought this through before saying it.

Concept of eating whole fresh food.

I'm older than you.

Concept of eating whole fresh food.

I'm older than you.
Look son this is getting tiring, I can only hold your hand for so long. I'm giving you some credit, maybe undeserved, for being smart enough to understand what I'm asking. You are either not that smart or smart enough to know that you can't articulate anything beyond parroted, accepted common knowledge type statements.
These two items are different in many ways, what exactly makes the cheese healthier?

An example might be that when equalized for protein content lowfat 2% cottage cheese has 3-4 times the carbohydrate content of standardized casein powder and carbohydrates are a good source of energy, yum.
I might not agree that that means it's healthier but at least you would have had shown some ability to attempt to back up your point ffs.

And how the hell would you know if you are older than me or not? What a stupid thing to say. Unless you are the documented oldest person on the planet that's just another stupid statement that lets your inner dumbass be seen.

I'll see myself out, carry on if you wish. I'd be surprised if you have anything that would get me to engage on the subject further.

Look son this is getting tiring, I can only hold your hand for so long. I'm giving you some credit, maybe undeserved, for being smart enough to understand what I'm asking. You are either not that smart or smart enough to know that you can't articulate anything beyond parroted, accepted common knowledge type statements.
These two items are different in many ways, what exactly makes the cheese healthier?

An example might be that when equalized for protein content lowfat 2% cottage cheese has 3-4 times the carbohydrate content of standardized casein powder and carbohydrates are a good source of energy, yum.
I might not agree that that means it's healthier but at least you would have had shown some ability to attempt to back up your point ffs.

And how the hell would you know if you are older than me or not? What a stupid thing to say. Unless you are the documented oldest person on the planet that's just another stupid statement that lets your inner dumbass be seen.

I'll see myself out, carry on if you wish. I'd be surprised if you have anything that would get me to engage on the subject further.

You must have the shittiest job ever, the way you talk.

Common knowledge is common for a reason. Stick to basic logic.

Why are you calling me son then lecturing me

Do you got a son that you are worried about

Are you implying you're with my mom

You vent over some cottage cheese

Last edited:
I don't care about a protein powder being organic or grass fed, I just want it without any additives. Couldn't find any casein without any additives that was not also grass fed though

why is not "important". it is a economical byproduct.

why is not "important". it is a economical byproduct.
Yeah the word important is a little bit awkward as used here. It may be a byproduct but let's not overlook it's value as arguably the most bioavailable protein source on the planet.

I don't care about a protein powder being organic or grass fed, I just want it without any additives. Couldn't find any casein without any additives that was not also grass fed though
If you're in the US then the most common unflavored (plain) Casein that's not grass fed or organic is either from bulk supplements or Nutricost.

They're both right at a dollar a serving which is pretty cheap all things considered.

You guys are worried about the quality of protein powders or comparing it to whole food consumption are forgetting that the FDA does not regulate them (if you’re in the USA) and Canada is loosely regulated.

Your only option is to use a third party tester like a labdoor and often the sample size is small and old unless they’re certified. I’m pretty sure companies like bulk supplements most the stuff comes from China even.

My personal work around to this was getting myprotein whey isolate (UK version) or getting versions that were recently tested by a third party. So yes comparing cottage cheese or organic meats to casein or organic protein powder from
China might not be the best 1:1.

You guys are worried about the quality of protein powders or comparing it to whole food consumption are forgetting that the FDA does not regulate them (if you’re in the USA) and Canada is loosely regulated.

Your only option is to use a third party tester like a labdoor and often the sample size is small and old unless they’re certified. I’m pretty sure companies like bulk supplements most the stuff comes from China even.

My personal work around to this was getting myprotein whey isolate (UK version) or getting versions that were recently tested by a third party. So yes comparing cottage cheese or organic meats to casein or organic protein powder from
China might not be the best 1:1.

If you're paranoid buy a product made from NZ grass-fed milk. The price difference is minimal or even cheaper if you grab it on sale. Your grocery store dairy products all have small amounts of antibiotics, hormones and other stuff. A good powder is very likely cleaner because animals store (sequester) toxins and pollutants in their fatty tissue, which is very little in a powder. It's the naturalistic fallacy of assuming a whole food is automatically clean.

Amino acids are amino acids, your body doesn't care if it came from a whole food or a powder. Muscle protein synthesis studies are pretty much always done using whey or more rarely casein if they're testing something related to the slow release. Amino acids aren't a supplement, they're building blocks to create protein (longer chains of amino acids). Saying amino acids are a supplement is like saying fats and carbs are "supplements." They're food. Whey and casein is food.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back