Rumored Is Chatri just the Asian Dana White?

Doesn’t matter because the UFC gives out as many or more bonuses every event. ONE often gives 1-3 bonuses out and the UFC always gives out more than that. You can compare the twos entire bonus history side by side on Wikipedia. Plus the UFC gives other bonuses out. I don’t even want to defend the UFC on pay.

Also ONE pays fighters from poverty countries in poverty currency. Imagine if the UFC paid Mexican and Dagestan fighters in amounts that are “decent” in their own native currency based on income there and not in the states.

Mexican fighters? There's like 2 on the entire roster lol. Most of the fighters in the UFC do not come from poverty.

Mexican fighters? There's like 2 on the entire roster lol. Most of the fighters in the UFC do not come from poverty.

Just an example. ONE pays fighters from certain countries / regions based on the economy they come from. This is like a great way to pay fighters shit. The UFC pay is always based on USD. Mexicans and Dagestan fighters were examples to make he way ONE pays Indians and Thais.

Doesn’t matter because the UFC gives out as many or more bonuses every event. ONE often gives 1-3 bonuses out and the UFC always gives out more than that. You can compare the twos entire bonus history side by side on Wikipedia. ONE isn’t giving out more bonuses to more fighters its event to event basis for both.

Also UFC gives double bonuses out since they have more bonus categories which gives fighters a chance to win more than ONE and not just a fragile egomaniac flexing on a fighter he’s upset with (inventing a double KO bonus in real time). I’m sure he’s still butthurt double champ poster boy Aung lost both belts to RDR (especially the short notice change up) and the recent talk about moving on to challenge himself.

Chatri has a reputation for being super sensitive and weak to any little thing that opposes him. Also the UFC gives other bonuses out. I don’t even want to defend the UFC on pay but I can’t see a logical argument for ONE.

Also ONE pays fighters from poverty countries in poverty currency. Imagine if the UFC paid Mexican and Dagestan fighters in amounts that are “decent” in their own native currency based on income there and not in the states.

Yes that was my point that One just pay 1500$ because that is a lot of money in Indonesia i believe?

Just an example. ONE pays fighters from certain countries / regions based on the economy they come from. This is like a great way to pay fighters shit. The UFC pay is always based on USD. Mexicans and Dagestan fighters were examples to make he way ONE pays Indians and Thais.

I met someone who works at Google yesterday and I live in Asia. Pretty sure she doesn't make as much as the people who work in the US branches.

Their fighters still make good wages and there is a big difference between being paid based on your residency versus your nationality. Most of the foreign fighters in the UFC live in the States or other high cost of living areas, they do not actually reside in their "poverty" countries.

Furthermore, Thai's are literally paid higher in ONE than anywhere else. The Thai's are competing in Muay Thai and Kickboxing which are lower paid sports than MMA. 100,000k USD in Muay Thai is top tier pay regardless of what country you are in.

What Thai MMA fighters are there in ONE? Maybe I overlooked someone. The only one who I can think of is Stamp Fairtex. Isn't she paid well?

50k bonuses for ONE means a lot more than 50k bonuses from the UFC on average. The UFC is a fully oiled and profitable machine, 50k should be nothing for them - most of their fighters live in Western countries where 50k doesn't even go far.

I get what you're trying to say with the cost of living thing but I think you're being overly simplistic about it. ONE is based in South East Asia, its target demographic is primarily South East Asia and its roster is made up of people mostly from South East Asia. The UFC wouldn't pay most of those guys anything as they don't care about having shows in those places in the first place.

They are cheaper than ONE even if they are paying more in a vacuum. They are probably cheaper than Bellator and PFL as well. These companies are way smaller than the UFC.

Last edited:
He is probably worse than Dana. He seems like a combo of Dana and Hunter Campbell. Dana actually mellowed out when the Fertittta Brothers sold the company. I don't think he has an important role as he did before they sold the company. Hunter is the attack dog of the company now but he isn't the face. I don't like how Chatri hits people with lawsuits if they speak bad of the company.

I’m not sure if he was over the moon that RDR lost. He was definitely happy and smiling when Anatoly was walking out to him, but when he was standing in the circle holding the belt waiting to give it to Anatoly he looked pissed.

He is infinitely more likeable than Dana.

thor-is-he-though.gif

Back