Is Conor ko'ing Aldo the greatest fighting performance in the UFC history?

People will say it's a fluke as though Aldo didn't then also get his head boxed off by Holloway and Yan too.

Aldo's entire style is about forcing a boxing match with his TDD and leg checks. That's great until you run into a superior boxer.
Aldo fans always get triggered when you say Conor is more skilled than Aldo at anything. Sure Aldo has better leg kicks but Conor has better boxing. Acting like no one seen Aldo get countered and put to sleep with ease. Conor is the best boxer in mma history that didn’t come from boxing like Toney.

At the end of the day, crazy things happen in the fight game.

It isn't like a few fights later Conor didn't gas himself out missing punches in only six minutes to Nate Diaz simply because he wasn't undersized, had spacial awareness and could roll with punches. Then turned into a crotch sniffer and panic wrestled - his words, not mine - and got choked out by a journeyman straight off the boat from Cabo on ten days notice.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

Yeah it's definitely up there.

At the end of the day, crazy things happen in the fight game.

It isn't like a few fights later Conor didn't gas himself out missing punches in only six minutes to Nate Diaz simply because he wasn't undersized, had spacial awareness and could roll with punches. Then turned into a crotch sniffer and panic wrestled - his words, not mine - and got choked out by a journeyman straight off the boat from Cabo on ten days notice.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.
Member why Conor fought Nate instead of Aldo?

I member.

Member why Conor fought Nate instead of Aldo?

I member.

Just look a few posts up. Not only does It correlate with your own article you've bookmarked from years ago to have an 'Aha!' moment, but it still doesn't invalidate my point about Nate/McGregor. What a gotcha moment. Oof. A Jones and Conor hugger. No surprise, lol.

Just look a few posts up. Not only does It correlate with your own article you've bookmarked from years ago to have an 'Aha!' moment, but it still doesn't invalidate my point about Nate/McGregor. What a gotcha moment. Oof. A Jones and Conor hugger. No surprise, lol.
I member.

"My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere."

I member.

My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.

Oh no, people say things in the heat of the moment after a big loss on a grand stage. You better hold him accountable, Mark. Get him. After all these years, you've got those receipts he better watch out. How many folders with years old bookmarks do you have, Mark?

Seems like Jose was as worked up as you get in a DC/Jones PED thread. Moving on, lol.

Oh no, people say things in the heat of the moment after a big loss on a grand stage. You better hold him accountable, Mark. Get him. After all these years, you've got those receipts he better watch out.

How many folders with bookmarks do you gave, Mark?

Seems like Jose was as worked up as you get in a DC/Jones PED thread. Moving on, lol.
Nah, I show up when I say I will.

Nah, I show up when I say I will.

LOL.

Mark, I'm sure there's plenty of times you put off mowing someone's yard for a few bucks and pushed it to the next day. Landscaping is a tough business. Hespect.

Reactions: TR1
You apparently can be this stupid.

Anyway, Dana deserves the assist by being Conor's biggest ball washer and cheerleader on that clown show world tour where he basically chauffeured McGregor around the world so he could smack talk Jose in a language he didn't speak or understand fluently. Aldo tried to take all those words out on him in one punch, mistakenly, ate a huge punch, got finished. All time bad outcome.

There was zero chance Conor would ever duplicate the performance, so there was no reason to give Jose a rematch. When you realize the UFC refused to let Aldo be double champ in a fight against Pettis and didn't care for him due to his injury history and comments on pay, it makes sense entirely why they avoided it, only offering it up to him on short notice, out of camp, a weight class up.

Shit happens. Life moves on.
Are you aware of our anti fighter bashing policy?

I believe the things you said about Dana White are in direct violation of the policy.

Anderson Silva absolutely decimating Franklin.

That's not a question you're going to reach a consensus on. A couple of performances I personally put ahead of McG's are B.J. Penn's KO of Caol Uno and DJ's submission of Ray Borg.

Nah. It was a great and historic moment, but it wasn't much of a performance. For all we know, if he misses that punch he goes on to gas in two minutes because his cut was horrendous.
Almost every fight in GSP's career is a better experience of a great performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back