is David Benavidez the most overrated fighter in boxing?

How can you not see how pathetic this makes you look? I had to rack my brain to remember who you were, then remembered you're the Haney fanboy that can't accept he lost to Loma. You absolute loser.

<Dany07>

And what the fuck is "tongue & cheek"? It's tongue IN cheek you dummy. Fails coming thick and fast with you. lol
Rack what brain? Your fantasy comic book Disney brain damaged one?
The one where you make up fan fiction results when a fighter that you have a crush on loses?
The one where you have to cry about Loma getting beat in every single thread 1 year later?

"Tounge & cheek" is sarcasm making fun of you using it to describe a racist troll. I see you dont understand sarcasm just like you still don't understand the boxing scoring criteria.

Your insecurities towards "brothas" always gives me a good chuckle.
Ryan Garcia beats one "brotha" & now you want to act like he wouldn't get turned into the Brazzers Blacked meme by every "brotha" from 140-154 plus Tank.

Which account??? LMAO. He has so many banned ones I'm sure he wouldn't mind making a 15th for when he picks "Insert random Spanish sounding name journeyman" to stop "brotha" Terrance Bud Crawford.

Yeah, but you're wrong very often. So this pretty much means bet the house on it not being tongue & cheek.
Now you like Terrance.
For about 6 years it was "Fuck Terrance".
Him being from Omaha, he wasn't deemed black enough, by the lightskin guy for his approval.
Until he beat the living shit out of Spence.

Rack what brain? Your fantasy comic book Disney brain damaged one?
The one where you make up fan fiction results when a fighter that you have a crush on loses?
The one where you have to cry about Loma getting beat in every single thread 1 year later?

"Tounge & cheek" is sarcasm making fun of you using it to describe a racist troll. I see you dont understand sarcasm just like you still don't understand the boxing scoring criteria.

Thank you for further cementing your status as one of the forum's greatest morons.

Uh ohhh.
Another Mexican got you afraid.
Tell u right now, ain't no "brothas" beating Benavidez.
It's gonna take a Mexican or a Russian, to accomplish that.
the one who is afraid is benavidez. That's why he's ducking morrell. Benavidez is the rocky marciano of 168. beating up on smaller, old guys and club fighters.

There is a difference between overrated & thin resume.

A lot of us gave David flack at 1st for his resume. However, we can't blame him now. Its clear that he would fight Canelo or Charlo but neither of them want to face him.

He certainly has passed the eye test by brutally battering the people he has faced. There is a reason why Canelo is avoiding him.

The only flack you can still give him is Morrell. But him moving up to LHW to fight a former champ and chasing the Bivol Biev winner makes up for Morrell. A Morrell who also doesn't have an impressive resume too. So its not like he's earned a mega fight either to be honest.

Benavidez deserves to be one of the faces of the sport at this moment.
benavidez vs canelo is a no brainer. But why charlo? I'm not aware charlo has ever fought at 168...unless you're talking about jermell.

Benavidez fought nobody besides Andrade? What about Dirrell and Plant?

That’s like saying Ali never beat anyone besides Liston. Why the fuck are you lying?
Over-the-hill dirrell lost to badou jack and struggled with avni yildrim and sakio bika. I respect all fighters and champions. But dirrell is not a significant win for benavidez.

Same goes for plant. Basically, canelo's leftovers.

Nah it's Haney. Thought he was a pillow-fisted snooze machine for years, almost got dropped by old and washed Linares, had ugly fights with Kambo, barely scraped by Loma, and then looked phenomenal vs declining Prograis. Haney should have had no problem against Ryan Garcia but he's just not that good, and it showed. For all the shit people give Tank for not fighting the champs, he'd run through both Haney and Garcia if he fought them next weekend. Another way to look at it is Haney is a big guy and he's still growing, so he'll move to 147 at some point, but does he stand a chance vs someone like Ennis? Not on your life.

If Haney ever moves to 147 and fights Ennis, i'd be willing to bet my account that Ennis KO's Haney flat.

Next Floyd my ass.
Since you feel that strongly about haney, why do you even watch his fights? Be like me. I hate country music, so when it comes on the radio, i change the channel. Try it. It works.

Now you like Terrance.
For about 6 years it was "Fuck Terrance".
Him being from Omaha, he wasn't deemed black enough, by the lightskin guy for his approval.
Until he beat the living shit out of Spence.
Lol no black person has ever said that about Crawford on this forum. That's more of the goofy stuff you say that got you beat up by that shop keeper. I know this is your safe space to talk about brothas. But don't get too familiar. Send us a post card if you ever even get as close to Mexico as Tucson gringa.

Stop exaggerating. My problem with Bud was his weak resume at 147 and lack of fights to be crowned p4p king. Now that he's destroyed Spence and if he unifies 54 nobody can argue with that. Has nothing to do with race. They must of put too tight of a bowl on your head when you got your last bowl cut.

Last edited:
benavidez vs canelo is a no brainer. But why charlo? I'm not aware charlo has ever fought at 168...unless you're talking about jermell.
Talking about Jermall who has stated he is moving to 168. He was supposed to fight Canelo at 168 before he passed the fight to his brother due to his mental health issues.
He's supposed to have been fighting Andrade at 168 before Benavidez fight. & also in talks with Plant at 168 after their altercation

Thank you for further cementing your status as one of the forum's greatest morons.
Who cares what the always wrong brigade thinks?
You literally have no idea what the scoring criteria entails. Then you make up fan fiction fight results & cry like a wuss when factual results piss on your fantasies.

Apart from a 35 year old andrade who was only in his second fight at 168, David Benavidez has one of the weakest resumes among titleholders (who the hell are Ronald Ellis and Kyrone Davis?). Yes, Benavidez is huge for 168 and he would be a real threat against Canelo (which is why Canelo is ducking him) but if Benavidez wants the Canelo fight, why don't he take on David Morell and unify the titles? A win over the classy morell would put Benavidez among the elite. A far more lucrative fight for canelo. But instead, he wants to move up and fight over-the-hill Gvozdyk. Fans can talk all the smack they want about Canelo for ducking Benavidez, but Benavidez deserves equal treatment for blatantly ducking Morrel.

There are boxers worse than him in the p4p top ten. David is actually one of the most underrated boxers in the sport. At 26 years of age he actually has a great resume. Don't believe me? Check out Crawfords resume at the same age and same number of fights. Even Canelo's was hardly much better.

Over-the-hill dirrell lost to badou jack and struggled with avni yildrim and sakio bika. I respect all fighters and champions. But dirrell is not a significant win for benavidez.

Same goes for plant. Basically, canelo's leftovers.

Dirrell was a 2 time WBC including the reigning champion and 35-1 when David stopped him. Dirrell lost a MD vs a future 3 division champion badou jack, and was undefeated for 4 years. If that fight was not a significant win then you just erased most of the best wins for every fighter in the sport of boxing.

Talking about Jermall who has stated he is moving to 168. He was supposed to fight Canelo at 168 before he passed the fight to his brother due to his mental health issues.
He's supposed to have been fighting Andrade at 168 before Benavidez fight. & also in talks with Plant at 168 after their altercation
charlo would need about 3 fights at 168 to get comfortable at the weight before fighting benavidez. that was the mistake andrade made. Andrade only had one fight at 168 prior to benavidez and hadn't fully grown into the weight.

Dirrell was a 2 time WBC including the reigning champion and 35-1 when David stopped him. Dirrell lost a MD vs a future 3 division champion badou jack, and was undefeated for 4 years. If that fight was not a significant win then you just erased most of the best wins for every fighter in the sport of boxing.
you must hold badou jack, yilriim and sakio bika in really high esteem, then.

you must hold badou jack, yilriim and sakio bika in really high esteem, then.

Nope. Just the same standard as any other fighters. GGG's best win was Danny Jacobs and then probably Lemuiex, yet he's an atg apparently.

charlo would need about 3 fights at 168 to get comfortable at the weight before fighting benavidez. that was the mistake andrade made. Andrade only had one fight at 168 prior to benavidez and hadn't fully grown into the weight.
168 was too much for Andrade. Let alone a huge super MW. He got beat by the bigger & better fighter. Morrell would do Andrade similar.

I guess we would be lucky to see Jermall fight again let alone 3 fights. 3 fights would lake Jermall 6-7 years at his current rate.

168 was too much for Andrade. Let alone a huge super MW. He got beat by the bigger & better fighter. Morrell would do Andrade similar.

I guess we would be lucky to see Jermall fight again let alone 3 fights. 3 fights would lake Jermall 6-7 years at his current rate.
disagree that benavidez is "better" than andrade. size was the deciding factor in that fight, imo.

Nope. Just the same standard as any other fighters. GGG's best win was Danny Jacobs and then probably Lemuiex, yet he's an atg apparently.
it remains to be seen if ggg will go down as an atg. he was very popular in his era, but argruably lost to jacobs and canelo, his only real competition.

But you're saying that benavidez win over dirrell was one of the best for any fighter in boxing. that means you have a very high opinion of dirrell. therefore you should have the same high opinion of the guys who beat him and drew with him (yildrim was not a draw but dirrell was losing at the time of trhe stoppage. )

345-5 in 350 amateur fights, defended his MW titles 22 times consecutively, was p4p #1 at the height of his career, 23 KO streak, arguably beat Canelo at least once. he's an excellent fighter and one of the best of this generation. Hopkins defended for longer at MW but had less defenses at 20.
Benavidez's resume cannot hold a candle to GGG's. he can still carve out a good legacy for himself but he hasnt done enough yet. let's see how the Gvozdyk fight goes.

disagree that benavidez is "better" than andrade. size was the deciding factor in that fight, imo.
I prefer to actually accept the outcomes of fights than all these narratives fans create to cope.
Andrade's resume & career speaks for itself.
He's literally known for inactivity, being a boring fighter, not having power, and a poor resume.
Pick any of those to why David is the better pro as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back