Is Demetrious Johnson ducking TJ Dillashaw?

DJ ducking TJ?

• Total voters
If it is true he wanted cody and was turned down and signed an agreement to fight borg, i side with mighty mouse.

I ask my friends what you think of Conor Mcgregor I get 20 different responses. I ask my friends what they think of MM they would ask me who the fuck is that? Most casuals don't know any name other than Ronda and Conor. Just shut up dude you quoted me first you're out of your league and I'm busy.
Don't cry and don't make excuses just because you are too stupid to back up your point.
Once again, logic escapes you...

As I said, if the UFC does not promote MM, you can't expect your friends to know him.
If the UFC would spend Conor's money on MM, I bet they would know about him...

Don't cry and don't make excuses just because you are too stupid to back up your point.
Once again, logic escapes you...

As I said, if the UFC does not promote MM, you can't expect your friends to know him.
If the UFC would spend Conor's money on MM, I bet they would know about him...
UFC CANT MAKE STARS YOU IGNORANT FUCK! STOP QUOTING ME.

i see it as a little bit of A, little bit of B, he would prefer the easier fight (Borg) for that title reign record (which makes sense). but I also feel he would fight the bigger man in TJ for the right price (nothing wrong with that).

UFC CANT MAKE STARS YOU IGNORANT FUCK! STOP QUOTING ME.
Stop making stupid comments, and I will stop quoting you.
Post something stupid in a public message board, then grow some fucking skin and learn to take your beating like a man!
in other words: Stop crying and learn common sense!

UFC injected millions on Conor.
They made a fucking world tour to promote him!!
They put him in talk shows, featured him in every UFC show.

yeah, they can't make stars...
<TheWire1><YeahOKJen>

I wonder what a FUCKING PROMOTION does... the name is sooo deceiving... it can't be... to promote people right??? That's too obvious!

No.
He wants guarantees he will get paid if TJ does not make weight.

he was FORCED to pick a fight. Then he is FORCED AGAIN to fight a different opponent.
all with no extra money, no PPV points and no promotion.

Wake up!!

he is not ducking, he is fighting for what he believes he should be compensated.

Exactly this. I don't understand how this is complicated.

Please, you reek of hate.
Listen to yourself: "He should accept whoever the company puts in front of him, not complain about his pay and just fight!!"

He did not want borg. The company FORCED him to take that fight.
So they agree on a price.

Then they put in front of him a much harder opponent, but a guy who never fought in this division and all he asked was guarantees that he would be compensated if TJ didn't make weight.
They deny and then bully him to accept the fight. He does not bulge, then they go publicly berating him and demanding him to accept.

Then you read his side, and disregard it all and call it duck?
You need a brain... or at least the ability to think impartially.

Yes, fighters SHOULD just accept the fighter who the company puts in front of them.
Why shouldn't they? This isn't a holiday retreat, they aren't fighting for free. He's the champ no less, so he should be fighting any fighter the company gives him. Do football teams choose who they get to play week to week? Ridiculous argument.

Yes, they SHOULDN'T complain about pay in the middle of a contract.
Complain about the pay when you are offered the money, not after you've agreed to it. The rest of us can't do it with our jobs, why do fighters think they can? It's not like he's asking for a 'little more money' - he's trying to change the terms of the fight and collect TWO paychecks in the event that TJ misses weight.

Yes, he SHOULD just fight. You know he's a paid, professional fighter, right?
People are acting like he was given a new opponent a week out from the fight. It's nonsense, he's not inconvenienced at all, what's even the issue?

Stop saying FORCED like they stood over him and put a gun to his head. It's a take it or leave it deal. I don't get to choose my projects at work, but I'm not forced - I can walk away if I want. This comes back to this entitlement thing that many fighters have now where they think they have the right to choose their opponents. It's actually spreading to gullible fans now. No they don't, they're paid contractors and they take the job offered -- or leave it.

Oh, and the small 'compensation' MM was asking for if TJ didn't make wait was insanely unreasonable. He's saying if TJ fails to make weight, the fight is not only off, but he gets his purse AND Dillashaw's. No catchweight, the fight is scrapped and he gets paid nearly double the purse he'd get than if they actually fought. That might be the most insane terms I've ever heard.

MM is a shit negotiator and his grounds for complaining don't make much sense. They all basically stem from this idea that MM is convinced TJ can't make 125...yet there's been no indication that he can't. Shitloads of fighters move down in weight class. You didn't see Aldo complaining about Frankie not making 145 before when he came down to fight for the belt. MM seems obsessed with this idea that his opponent needs to make weight for this fight, yet ironically, he had no problem fighting Borg who has missed weight at 125 a couple of times.

So what's the problem then, huh? Explain it without bringing up UFC strong-arming or any other of the usual propaganda. It's laughable that you say I can't view the facts impartially, when you have completely sided with MM's pretty baseless complaints without considering any of the situational factors or what MM is actually asking for.

Yes, fighters SHOULD just accept the fighter who the company puts in front of them.
Why shouldn't they? This isn't a holiday retreat, they aren't fighting for free. He's the champ no less, so he should be fighting any fighter the company gives him. Do football teams choose who they get to play week to week? Ridiculous argument.
I agree, your argument is ridiculous.
a Football team has a scheduled ready.
Teams don't get to the playoffs for being famous or due to number of twitter followers.
And more important, a team does not have to negotiate his purse every game. All teams are paid the same.

Yes, they SHOULDN'T complain about pay in the middle of a contract.
Complain about the pay when you are offered the money, not after you've agreed to it. The rest of us can't do it with our jobs, why do fighters think they can? It's not like he's asking for a 'little more money' - he's trying to change the terms of the fight and collect TWO paychecks in the event that TJ misses weight.

Are you that stupid?
Let us say you flip burgers. If your boss tomorrow come to you and demand you to do things you did not agree in your contract, then it is a fucking NEW NEGOTIATION for a NEW CONTRACT!
Same with DJ. His contract is to fight BORG.
If the UFC wants to change that, they will need to negotiate a NEW FIGHTING CONTRACT, which is done for EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER, for EVERY SINGLE FIGHT!
Heck, if they change the fucking date on the contract, the contract is void!

Yes, he SHOULD just fight. You know he's a paid, professional fighter, right?
People are acting like he was given a new opponent a week out from the fight. It's nonsense, he's not inconvenienced at all, what's even the issue?

There's more to it than just fighting.
1) he is the UFC champion.
2) he is the #1 P4P fighter from UFC's own assessment.
3) he can get endorsements, make some adds, appear in movies. All things that makes him money without having to fight.
All things that pays him MORE because he is the champion.

Stop saying FORCED like they stood over him and put a gun to his head. It's a take it or leave it deal. I don't get to choose my projects at work, but I'm not forced - I can walk away if I want. This comes back to this entitlement thing that many fighters have now where they think they have the right to choose their opponents. It's actually spreading to gullible fans now. No they don't, they're paid contractors and they take the job offered -- or leave it.
1) you are a nobody, not a fighter. Stop comparing your life with his.
2) You don't get punched in the face for a living.
3) You can't walk away. It is not like there's a line of people trying to hire you. So stop kidding yourself.
4) he is a contractor. But he is stuck with this firm, so he can;t walk away... unless UFC does cut his division, and sets him free. Otherwise, UFC is not releasing him, so he is not going because he can't. So he has to fight for what he wants.
And BTW, he was FORCED to take that fight. UFC gave him ONE FIGHT! and when he didn't like it, they said it was THE ONLY FIGHT they would give him. That is indeed forcing him to take that fight... which he took!
Then they tried to force him to change opponents again. And he still tried to negotiate with them.
It was only when Dana came with those lies in public throwing him under the bus that he spoke up.

Oh, and the small 'compensation' MM was asking for if TJ didn't make wait was insanely unreasonable. He's saying if TJ fails to make weight, the fight is not only off, but he gets his purse AND Dillashaw's. No catchweight, the fight is scrapped and he gets paid nearly double the purse he'd get than if they actually fought. That might be the most insane terms I've ever heard.

Why is it unreasonable?
The UFC all but guaranteed TJ would make weight, right? So why didn't they put the money ? If they were so sure, this money would never go to DJ anyway!
And why should you trust their guarantee if they themselves are not willing to put their trust on it?

MM is a shit negotiator and his grounds for complaining don't make much sense. They all basically stem from this idea that MM is convinced TJ can't make 125...yet there's been no indication that he can't. Shitloads of fighters move down in weight class. You didn't see Aldo complaining about Frankie not making 145 before when he came down to fight for the belt. MM seems obsessed with this idea that his opponent needs to make weight for this fight, yet ironically, he had no problem fighting Borg who has missed weight at 125 a couple of times.
So what's the problem then, huh? Explain it without bringing up UFC strong-arming or any other of the usual propaganda.

Are you for real?
Did you even think about the whole issue or are you just that stupid?
DJ, despite being their P4P #1 fighter, tied with most defenses and in an incredible win streak, gets NO PROMOTION by the fucking PROMOTER that has his contract!
He gets no points for his fights, a thing every champion get.
He did not agree to Borg, but was FORCED to take that fight.
And after grudgingly accepting to fight Borg, he is told that no, now he would fight TJ because "fuck you"!
So he complains.
They BULLY HIM AGAIN, and deny him any money he should rightfully receive, and then Dana go publically and trashes him.
The ONLY THING he did was to give his account of the fact, which brings to light the dirty tactics UFC uses against their own fighters! And then you come in and try to defend the UFC?
Buddy, FUCK YOU!

It's laughable that you say I can't view the facts impartially, when you have completely sided with MM's pretty baseless complaints without considering any of the situational factors or what MM is actually asking for.
No.
This is not the first fighter telling on how UFC bullies you.
The is the uptenth fighter to say so.

You are the UFC schill who no matter what they say you will believe and attack any fighter who tries to get the money he should receive.

Grow a brain, or ask a friend to explain things to you. Because you obviously can't use the one you have or think for yourself.

Teams don't get to the playoffs for being famous or due to number of twitter followers.
And more important, a team does not have to negotiate his purse every game. All teams are paid the same.

Are you that stupid?
Let us say you flip burgers. If your boss tomorrow come to you and demand you to do things you did not agree in your contract, then it is a fucking NEW NEGOTIATION for a NEW CONTRACT!
If the UFC wants to change that, they will need to negotiate a NEW FIGHTING CONTRACT, which is done for EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER, for EVERY SINGLE FIGHT!

3) he can get endorsements, make some adds, appear in movies. All things that makes him money without having to fight.

3) You can't walk away. It is not like there's a line of people trying to hire you. So stop kidding yourself.
4) he is a contractor. But he is stuck with this firm, so he can;t walk away... unless UFC does cut his division, and sets him free. Otherwise, UFC is not releasing him, so he is not going because he can't. So he has to fight for what he wants.
And BTW, he was FORCED to take that fight. UFC gave him ONE FIGHT! and when he didn't like it, they said it was THE ONLY FIGHT they would give him. That is indeed forcing him to take that fight... which he took!
Then they tried to force him to change opponents again. And he still tried to negotiate with them.
It was only when Dana came with those lies in public throwing him under the bus that he spoke up.

Why is it unreasonable?
The UFC all but guaranteed TJ would make weight, right? So why didn't they put the money ? If they were so sure, this money would never go to DJ anyway!
And why should you trust their guarantee if they themselves are not willing to put their trust on it?

Are you for real?
DJ, despite being their P4P #1 fighter, tied with most defenses and in an incredible win streak, gets NO PROMOTION by the fucking PROMOTER that has his contract!
And after grudgingly accepting to fight Borg, he is told that no, now he would fight TJ because "fuck you"!
So he complains.
They BULLY HIM AGAIN, and deny him any money he should rightfully receive, and then Dana go publically and trashes him.
The ONLY THING he did was to give his account of the fact, which brings to light the dirty tactics UFC uses against their own fighters! And then you come in and try to defend the UFC?
Buddy, FUCK YOU!

No.

You are the UFC schill who no matter what they say you will believe and attack any fighter who tries to get the money he should receive.

Grow a brain, or ask a friend to explain things to you. Because you obviously can't use the one you have or think for yourself.

Holy shit, I'm not responding to the wall of emotional text. I think it's cute how you've regurgitated things like BULLY and FORCED over and over again, in capitals, exactly like DJ's rant. In fact, I'm seriously starting to think this is DJ or an affiliate from his camp trying to sway some support with the fans. Seriously, use those words if you want, but all fighters are 'forced' to fight then. How do you think the business works? The fighters get a call and asked, 'hey who do you want to fight?'. They are assigned fighters, and although they occasionally get what they want, you are a naive child for believing that they get to choose opponents.

Also, you keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about, and then quoting downright incorrect info. You are mixing up 'contractor' contracts and 'bout' contracts, which makes your rampage above all the more stupid, as you clearly don't understand what you are even trying to argue.

The 'contractor' contract is an promotional exclusivity contract fighters sign for length of time/number of fights. You hear this every time 'so and so has signed with the UFC'. This contract contains promotional details, number of fights, obligations, and - read this part - financials, including sponsorship. DJ is partway through a fight contract with locked in financials for each fight that he agreed to back when he signed it.

The 'fight contract' is a much smaller contract that binds the fight to a bout agreement - fighter, event, date and other venue/match info. There is no negotiation with financials in this contract unless there's a prearrangement to. You're not only wrong, but you obviously don't understand this, so just stop arguing with me about fight negotiations.

You rattle off all his accomplishments like a crying girlfriend in a bar fight, but that shit's not even relevant ya dumb twat. DJ is a phenomenal fighter and a great person, but you are acting like getting told you're fighting someone is some sort of injustice. The stuff you are basing 'bullying' on is based on you lack of knowledge of business.

Yeah, I might be a nobody, but I'm one up on you in that I've had ammy fights and I work with corporate contracts for a job. You don't understand the fight game or anything contractually related. So seriously, STFU with your idiotic, emotional rants and calling me stupid/a schill/ uninformed when it's obviously you who's strung up emotionally to DJ.

Holy shit, I'm not responding to the wall of emotional text. I think it's cute how you've regurgitated things like BULLY and FORCED over and over again, in capitals, exactly like DJ's rant. In fact, I'm seriously starting to think this is DJ or an affiliate from his camp trying to sway some support with the fans. Seriously, use those words if you want, but all fighters are 'forced' to fight then. How do you think the business works? The fighters get a call and asked, 'hey who do you want to fight?'. They are assigned fighters, and although they occasionally get what they want, you are a naive child for believing that they get to choose opponents.

Also, you keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about, and then quoting downright incorrect info. You are mixing up 'contractor' contracts and 'bout' contracts, which makes your rampage above all the more stupid, as you clearly don't understand what you are even trying to argue.

The 'contractor' contract is an promotional exclusivity contract fighters sign for length of time/number of fights. You hear this every time 'so and so has signed with the UFC'. This contract contains promotional details, number of fights, obligations, and - read this part - financials, including sponsorship. DJ is partway through a fight contract with locked in financials for each fight that he agreed to back when he signed it.

The 'fight contract' is a much smaller contract that binds the fight to a bout agreement - fighter, event, date and other venue/match info. There is no negotiation with financials in this contract unless there's a prearrangement to. You're not only wrong, but you obviously don't understand this, so just stop arguing with me about fight negotiations.

You rattle off all his accomplishments like a crying girlfriend in a bar fight, but that shit's not even relevant ya dumb twat. DJ is a phenomenal fighter and a great person, but you are acting like getting told you're fighting someone is some sort of injustice. The stuff you are basing 'bullying' on is based on you lack of knowledge of business.

Yeah, I might be a nobody, but I'm one up on you in that I've had ammy fights and I work with corporate contracts for a job. You don't understand the fight game or anything contractually related. So seriously, STFU with your idiotic, emotional rants and calling me stupid/a schill/ uninformed when it's obviously you who's strung up emotionally to DJ.

I stopped reading when you claim that a promotion calling and asking "do you want to fight xyz?" is how they "force" everyone else.
If you are ASKING THEM if they want to fight someone, you are not forcing them. But if you call them and say "Hey, the ONLY FIGHTER I will give you is XYZ. If you say no I will fire you and everyone from your department"... quite different.

Buddy, If I am from DJ's camp, you are obviously either paid by the UFC, or you are part of Dana's posse or you are just that darn stupid.
I am not wasting my time with something so ridiculously obvious and proven, time and again by many fighters.

Here, another example.
upload_2017-6-6_22-11-16.png

Burry your head in the sand, by all means.

SMFH, some people are beyond help.

For fucks sake, just fight TJ, take the payday, and stop with all of this drama. You guys can go back and forth if you want, but it is starting to look like a clear duck if he doesn't accept. Ray Borg misses weight, TJ doesn't, and he's complaining about TJ not making weight? I'm just not buying it guys.

Ducking. he just wants to fight crappy prelim fights like Borg and Reis and Elliot and Cariaso, prelim crappy fighters, they never even fought on a UFC main card until the title shot. not a proper champ. quack

I stopped reading when you claim that a promotion calling and asking "do you want to fight xyz?" is how they "force" everyone else.
If you are ASKING THEM if they want to fight someone, you are not forcing them. But if you call them and say "Hey, the ONLY FIGHTER I will give you is XYZ. If you say no I will fire you and everyone from your department"... quite different.

Buddy, If I am from DJ's camp, you are obviously either paid by the UFC, or you are part of Dana's posse or you are just that darn stupid.
I am not wasting my time with something so ridiculously obvious and proven, time and again by many fighters.

Here, another example.
View attachment 236197

Burry your head in the sand, by all means.

SMFH, some people are beyond help.
Yeah, I can tell you're from his camp. In fact, you sound suspiciously similar to the person who wrote it. Not even kidding.

Also, you're not reading what I wrote properly. I used the 'how do you want to fight xx?' as an example of what DOESN'T happen. I've trained for years with three people who landed UFC and TUF contracts. The way you and DJ are spinning 'FORCED' to fight someone is overblown. All three of the fighters got calls from their managers saying 'you've been offered this guy on this date here'. One of them had a small issue with one of their opponents once (reasons I won't go into) and they were told that was the only offer. None of them were ever asked who they'd want to fight, were never offered choices, ect. It was take it or leave it.

That's just as 'forced' as what DJ is claiming, and it sounds like he just wasn't happy with the change in opponent. WHICH ALSO HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

I'll concede that the "we'll scrap the whole division thing" sounds a lot like extortion, and is fucked up if that is true. All I'm saying is that the reasons that DJ had initial grievances with: not getting Pettis like he wanted, agreeing to Borg, then getting an opponent change... none of that screams injustice. It's not the most thoughtful way to handle things, but it's not something that hasn't happened to a thousand fighter before DJ.

And seriously, the weight excuse with TJ and the terms for TJ coming in heavy don't make sense. It's not cool that Dana is willing to wipe the whole division over this, but he's a hot head and he probably can't understand (like me), why DJ is so against fighting TJ on reasonable notice.

I think UFC should just bump up his show money just for this fight whats another few hundred grand to the ufc and give him the terms if TJ doesn't make weight if they are that confident that TJ will make weight. If DJ still says no then his 100% ducking no excuses UFC gave in to all your demands.

Yeah, I can tell you're from his camp. In fact, you sound suspiciously similar to the person who wrote it. Not even kidding.

Also, you're not reading what I wrote properly. I used the 'how do you want to fight xx?' as an example of what DOESN'T happen. I've trained for years with three people who landed UFC and TUF contracts. The way you and DJ are spinning 'FORCED' to fight someone is overblown. All three of the fighters got calls from their managers saying 'you've been offered this guy on this date here'. One of them had a small issue with one of their opponents once (reasons I won't go into) and they were told that was the only offer. None of them were ever asked who they'd want to fight, were never offered choices, ect. It was take it or leave it.

That's just as 'forced' as what DJ is claiming, and it sounds like he just wasn't happy with the change in opponent. WHICH ALSO HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

I'll concede that the "we'll scrap the whole division thing" sounds a lot like extortion, and is fucked up if that is true. All I'm saying is that the reasons that DJ had initial grievances with: not getting Pettis like he wanted, agreeing to Borg, then getting an opponent change... none of that screams injustice. It's not the most thoughtful way to handle things, but it's not something that hasn't happened to a thousand fighter before DJ.

And seriously, the weight excuse with TJ and the terms for TJ coming in heavy don't make sense. It's not cool that Dana is willing to wipe the whole division over this, but he's a hot head and he probably can't understand (like me), why DJ is so against fighting TJ on reasonable notice.

OK.
First of all, thank you for the nice, thoughtful response.
I understand what you are saying, and agree (to a degree).
First of all, I take it that your friends were not the top of UFC, were they?
I mean, you gotta agree that the P4P #1 guy, a long time champion, and the one holding most title defenses record should have more say then a middle of the pack guy, agree?
But beyond that, his grievances goes beyond the lack of choice of opponents.
It goes into the fact UFC openly told him they would not promote him.
The fact he spent hours (days?) he should be training RECORDING footage for promos that would never be shown.
The fact he was told he would not get PPV points.
The fact that, in a negotiation, two sides are trying to work together, not one imposing its will over the other.
and the fact that TJ, a guy who is not even a champion is getting this fight while DJ, the defending champion has no say about it.

Add the fact that DJ didn't speak up until Dana went public smearing his name, and he decided merely to defend himself giving his side of the story.

Look, if it was the first time, I would even understand if people didn't know who is lying and who is telling the truth.

But you saw the post I noted from Cung Le.
You saw what Phil Davis, Mitrione, Rory... they all said the same about UFC's tactics and Dana's Antics.
I recall Bendo negotiations, when Dana said he was not even top 10 (when he lost two fights to the champ and top contender then won two fights against top contenders), and how they lied about the money offered (since the bonus Dana implied would only occur if he got a title shot which were under Dana's discretion, etc).
Heck, even Fedor spoke up about it when they had their negotiations (on how Dana would go to the news and smear Fedor's name then come to the table trying to strike a bargain. or how Dana lied about the money they offered, and the half truths).

So I am not "siding with Mighty Mouse".
I am siding with plenty of fighters who all told the exact same story.
You are the one picking Dana which, if you don't know by now how much he lies, I don't know what to tell you...

Nah DJ is in the right here , They told him that he has to face Borg and no one other and then when the fight between TJ and Cody fell through both the UFC and TJ are still trying to cash in on the money spent on the TUF season .
there are far to many variables not in DJ favour for him not to take this fight especially when they already told him he's fighting Borg and no one else .
DJ has stepped up to the plate on a number of occasions in the past because fights have fallen through and he should be shafted by the ufc because for the most part he has been a company guy .

1253698390_snake_vs_mouse.gif

OK.
First of all, thank you for the nice, thoughtful response.
I understand what you are saying, and agree (to a degree).
First of all, I take it that your friends were not the top of UFC, were they?
I mean, you gotta agree that the P4P #1 guy, a long time champion, and the one holding most title defenses record should have more say then a middle of the pack guy, agree?
But beyond that, his grievances goes beyond the lack of choice of opponents.
It goes into the fact UFC openly told him they would not promote him.
The fact he spent hours (days?) he should be training RECORDING footage for promos that would never be shown.
The fact he was told he would not get PPV points.
The fact that, in a negotiation, two sides are trying to work together, not one imposing its will over the other.
and the fact that TJ, a guy who is not even a champion is getting this fight while DJ, the defending champion has no say about it.

Add the fact that DJ didn't speak up until Dana went public smearing his name, and he decided merely to defend himself giving his side of the story.

Look, if it was the first time, I would even understand if people didn't know who is lying and who is telling the truth.

But you saw the post I noted from Cung Le.
You saw what Phil Davis, Mitrione, Rory... they all said the same about UFC's tactics and Dana's Antics.
I recall Bendo negotiations, when Dana said he was not even top 10 (when he lost two fights to the champ and top contender then won two fights against top contenders), and how they lied about the money offered (since the bonus Dana implied would only occur if he got a title shot which were under Dana's discretion, etc).
Heck, even Fedor spoke up about it when they had their negotiations (on how Dana would go to the news and smear Fedor's name then come to the table trying to strike a bargain. or how Dana lied about the money they offered, and the half truths).

So I am not "siding with Mighty Mouse".
I am siding with plenty of fighters who all told the exact same story.
You are the one picking Dana which, if you don't know by now how much he lies, I don't know what to tell you...

Fair points. You're right, they were all low level guys. You want to hear about injustice: two were cut after losses and only found out when it was released publicly. One of them never even got told he wouldn't be offered another contract (it was the last fight on his contract). They just deleted his profile on UFC.com and that was that - no correspondence.

DJ is criminally under appreciated - nice guy, total killer (probably the best P4P fighter on the planet at the moment), exciting to watch. I'm a fan of him, so don't take what I'm saying as a slight: but the reality is that UFC is a business, and DJ isn't a draw. Put it down to a poor division around him, or DJ being too far ahead of the comp, or people not interested in watching flyweights...it probably doesn't matter to the UFC. They see a poor return in investment and don't want to pool marketing coin into him, as they feel it won't inflate his interest.

Of course, if they promoted him more like you are saying - giving him the promo time, raising his profile, ect, more ppl might tune in.

All I'm saying - and I rarely side with Dana and I'm not on this occasion either - is the UFC is probably thinking the same thing the fans are: the fight with TJ is the biggest possible fight for DJ. It will raise his stock, give him more notoriety, ect. Borg is just another no-name getting fed like fodder to DJ - see this forum...no one wants to see it. I do think the UFC should honor DJ and give him PPV points for the TJ fight. That's a good incentive and it's only fair. That could headline a PPV and people would pay to see it, so DJ should get a return on that.

Anyway, I wish him all the best. The UFC are cold man, we all know it, but as fans sometimes we just want to see the fights we like to see and aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

Are you that stupid?

Why is it unreasonable?

Are you for real?
So he complains.
Buddy, FUCK YOU!

No.

Dude you need to get off the internet for a while that wall of script was ridiculous

Fair points. You're right, they were all low level guys. You want to hear about injustice: two were cut after losses and only found out when it was released publicly. One of them never even got told he wouldn't be offered another contract (it was the last fight on his contract). They just deleted his profile on UFC.com and that was that - no correspondence.

DJ is criminally under appreciated - nice guy, total killer (probably the best P4P fighter on the planet at the moment), exciting to watch. I'm a fan of him, so don't take what I'm saying as a slight: but the reality is that UFC is a business, and DJ isn't a draw. Put it down to a poor division around him, or DJ being too far ahead of the comp, or people not interested in watching flyweights...it probably doesn't matter to the UFC. They see a poor return in investment and don't want to pool marketing coin into him, as they feel it won't inflate his interest.

Of course, if they promoted him more like you are saying - giving him the promo time, raising his profile, ect, more ppl might tune in.

All I'm saying - and I rarely side with Dana and I'm not on this occasion either - is the UFC is probably thinking the same thing the fans are: the fight with TJ is the biggest possible fight for DJ. It will raise his stock, give him more notoriety, ect. Borg is just another no-name getting fed like fodder to DJ - see this forum...no one wants to see it. I do think the UFC should honor DJ and give him PPV points for the TJ fight. That's a good incentive and it's only fair. That could headline a PPV and people would pay to see it, so DJ should get a return on that.

Anyway, I wish him all the best. The UFC are cold man, we all know it, but as fans sometimes we just want to see the fights we like to see and aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

That's the thing though.
I don't think DJ's issues had anything to do with TJ, but more into how they did this, in a completely unfriendly way.
Add to it how Dana went to the media to lie and throw DJ under the bus, and all I can say, is that I would have made much worse (than DJ).

because one thing is to bully him with the doors closed.
Another is to make claims that are not true, just to force him hand.

Most fighters live & die by public perception. And what Dana did to DJ could have killed any good offer by other promotions (if they thought he was a prima donna who demanded too much money and cherry pick his opponents).

Back