Is Dolidze vs Imavov the worst main event in UFC history?

It was "Nassourdine Imavov" who brought Sean Strickland close to a fight for the belt. Dolidze first had to meet Cannonier, who started the fight. Cannonier is in position #4. As for Dolidze, I posted his videos. No one has shut him down, and if he even loses, it is in close fights, by decision. The logic of the author of the topic that this is a bad fight is absolutely illogical. Maybe he just doesn't know something. Those who undermine Dolidze's forces, give me 1 battle where he was completely oppressed, and then let's talk. Sean Strickland, if Nassourdine Imavov has the right to be considered the main contender after his defeat, why doesn't Dolidze have the right? UFC sees Dolidze's potential and that's why they gave him to Branson, Cannonier... and other fighters.

The thread asks if these are the two lowest ranked fighters to be involved in a main event, since neither of them is ranked top10 worlwide, and even barely top 15 (Imavov is not). It's not that I agree or disagree with such standings, just an objective observation.

"The worst fight" was just an easy way to type it out. Obviously isnt worse than some WMMA main events in terms of skill.

On another note, I dont get what you say that "Dolidze had to fight Cannonier". He didnt. But definitely did way worse vs a common opponent in Vettori.

He didnt fight Brunson neither, who btw I think would have been a very tough match up for Dolidze's and his spotty striking defense

UFN_Dublin_event_poster.jpg

American cards should get graded on a curve. International cards can often sink much lower than US cards, we all know this.

It's still not the worst. But it's pretty damn bad. Another main event with both guys coming off losses, which is becoming far too normal.

man, as an MMA fan since 2007, i think divisional significance has always taken a back seat to - and i admit my bar is pretty low - a back seat to "are there MMA fights on, preferably of UFC fighter caliber, and are they men, and if they main event is lighter than 145 lbs, are they known commodities, exciting fighters or is a belt or raking on the line?"

But as i said my threshhold is pretty high for not being interested in a main event in the premier mixed martial arts organization. But I have to ask myself, how much of a fan really even ARE you if rankings implications will prevent you from watching Prize Fighting? And it's not like Dolidze is the 213th ranked middle weight in the pacific North West (Although im gonna safely assume that thats where that competitor calls home) But hey, whatevers clever, mmmman.

Demian Maia vs Ryan LaFlare was a five round main event.

No, the worst is always gonna be a WMMA fight.

Yeah it's a shit main event. The fight itself is probably gonna be quite good but I just don't care about it, couldn't care less who wins etc.

man, as an MMA fan since 2007, i think divisional significance has always taken a back seat to - and i admit my bar is pretty low - a back seat to "are there MMA fights on, preferably of UFC fighter caliber, and are they men, and if they main event is lighter than 145 lbs, are they known commodities, exciting fighters or is a belt or raking on the line?"

But as i said my threshhold is pretty high for not being interested in a main event in the premier mixed martial arts organization. But I have to ask myself, how much of a fan really even ARE you if rankings implications will prevent you from watching Prize Fighting? And it's not like Dolidze is the 213th ranked middle weight in the pacific North West (Although im gonna safely assume that thats where that competitor calls home) But hey, whatevers clever, mmmman.

Im interested on even ONE or PFL events...

it doesnt change what the thread is about regarding UFC events

I dont think people remember how bad some of those Fight Pass cards were.

Still on paper Louis Smolka vs Paddy Holohan though it ended up being a good fight

Back