Is Dominick Reyes done??

DiazSlap

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Next to Gustaffasson in his 1st fight against Jones, Reyes did the best (still had Jones winning tho)….

However, can’t recall a fighter who has been brutally KO’d in every fight since AND been able to come back and regain form.

Is there any hope for Dominick to contend again?

Last edited:
I’m rooting for Reyes to return to form but I’m not confident his chin is the same.

I think the Jones robbery messed him up mentally and he didn’t take Jan seriously. He was doing well against Jiri before the spinning elbow KO. If he wrestles more like he did in the Jiri fight, he can compensate for his chin.

He needs to change things up, Arlovski pulled it together. No one that is beating Reyes, is doing it by decision, they are just taking advantage of his weak chin. Possibly could have a more defensive style and be a whole new fighter. However his confidence might be shot.

Last edited:
He needs to change things up, Arlovski pulled it together. No one that is beating Reyes, is doing itby decision, they are just taking advantage of his weak chin. Possibly could have a more defensive style and be a whole new fighter. However his confidence might be shot.

He should commit to a wrestling game imo. He has the wrestling background, he stuffed all of Jones takedowns. Not sure how good his offensive wrestling is but the standard is piss poor at 205. He should be able to win some fights by protecting his chin and grapplefucking dudes.

I’m rooting for Reyes to return to form but I’m not confident his chin is the same.

I think the Jones robbery messed him up mentally and he didn’t take Jan seriously. He was doing well against Jiri before the spinning elbow KO. If he wrestles more like he did in the Jiri fight, he can compensate for his chin.
Close fight in which nothing much was done either way is not a robbery.

See Hamill vs Bisping for what constitutes a robbery.

He should commit to a wrestling game imo. He has the wrestling background, he stuffed all of Jones takedowns. Not sure how good his offensive wrestling is but the standard is piss poor at 205. He should be able to win some fights by protecting his chin and grapplefucking dudes.
Exactly, he has lots of tools to work with. Mixing in takedowns and commit less to strikes, make up with volume. Just can't come out like he's Chuck Liddell anymore. He has a chance to bounce back and reinventing himself, but time will tell. LHW is pretty thin and guys like Walker weren't too far away from a title shot.

He's pulled out of two back to back cards, which adds another year of inactivity.
If we see him fight again, it won't be until 2025
His ring rust will look worse than Conor McGregor.

the dudes been done since the Jan fight, he got a destroyed by Jan horrible aged loss, got even worse destroyed by Jiri a good aged loss, and then got an even worst KO loss by Ryan Spann, another horrible loss

Last edited:
the dudes been done since the Jan fight, he got a destroyedyjhhhtby Jan horrible aged loss, got even worse destroyed by Jiri a good aged loss, and then got an even worst KO loss by Ryan Spann, another horrible loss
3 brutal KO’s especially the Jan & Jiri ones and all in a row…

They should have him fight someone with zero KO’s in his next fight…Paul Craig anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back