Is Dominick Reyes done??

Yeah judges are very competent these days...smh.
More competent than you in this case.

As one respected journalist put it: “ I think the word "robbery" is used way too often in combat sports. I thought Jones-Reyes was a close fight that could have gone either way. In fact, my assumption right before the announcement was made was that Jones would probably win on the scorecards via split decision. ”

Reyes did F all to take the title so your opinion is void, sir.
[<cena1}

Next to Gustaffasson in his 1st fight against Jones, Reyes did the best (still had Jones winning tho)….

However, can’t recall a fighter who has been brutally KO’d in every fight since AND been able to come back and regain form.

Is there any hope for Dominick to contend again?

This might be the stupidest thing, i've ever read in my life. You must have been drunk as hell when you watched this fight. or maybe a gratuitous nut hugger for Jones.

Reyes WON rounds 1, 2, and 3!!!!!!!!!

Don't take away this man's accomplishments like those corrupt judges did that night!!!! Reyes maybe on the verge of another consecutive brutal CTE inducing knockout, but he beat Jones. he beat jones

I'm not even sure he can take a jab from Paulie Malignaggi these days, he could maybe beat some of the club fighters in the division. Would love to see him get a win.

As one respected journalist put it: “ I think the word "robbery" is used way too often in combat sports. I thought Jones-Reyes was a close fight that could have gone either way. In fact, my assumption right before the announcement was made was that Jones would probably win on the scorecards via split decision. ”

[<cena1}
I didn't say it was a robbery, I'm saying that he won.
What the judges said that night does not dictate what I watched.

This might be the stupidest thing, i've ever read in my life. You must have been drunk as hell when you watched this fight. or maybe a gratuitous nut hugger for Jones.

Reyes WON rounds 1, 2, and 3!!!!!!!!!

Don't take away this man's accomplishments like those corrupt judges did that night!!!! Reyes maybe on the verge of another consecutive brutal CTE inducing knockout, but he beat Jones. he beat jones
No he did not.

Reyes lost. Ask the judges. Quit your whining.

I didn't say it was a robbery, I'm saying that he won.
What the judges said that night does not dictate what I watched.
Nah, Reyes lost.

And besides, it’s hard for Jones to get up for guys like Reyes when he had already beaten all time greats.

Nothing Reyes did in that fight deserved him taking the title.

[<cena1}

If you think journalists are any kind of authority on MMA you are very wong, bud.

Certainly better than random Sher-dorks

Nah, at best just as good. But I'd say there are far more SDers that have a good understanding of the sport, than there are journalists who have a good understanding of the sport.

Journalists are just fans, like SDers.

Nah, at best just as good. But I'd say there are far more SDers that have a good understanding of the sport, than there are journalists who have a good understanding of the sport.

Journalists are just fans, like SDers.
Fair enough, i am not a Jones fan per say but i thought he won.

Reyes did not do enough IMO.

How in the hell did anyone have Jon Jones winning that fight?
Jon wasn't getting hit cleanly that much and the Texas scoring criteria was different. Idk, I remember round 4 beginning and I was on the fence about the scorecards being 3-0 or 2-1.

Awful decisions and combat sports kinda go hand in hand. In the event thread practically no one thought Jones won. The media was nearly unanimous too.
The only reason why people think he still won is someone came up with this absurd myth that you just about have to kill the champion to earn the belt. Yeah if the mafia is running your fights.

Yea he's done.. like Jones said, all he (Reyes) has is a left hand

And Reyes openly talked about him suddenly not feeling confident in his fights anymore

He's just getting started

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't really agree with this premise personally. See I fell into this trap when I picked him against Spann. I thought "Even if his chin got ruined by Jan and Jiri, he should still have all of the same technical skills that make him a fairly solid fighter and leagues ahead of Ryan. Short of a puncher's chance, he should box Spann up no problem, same way Smith did!"

Boy was I wrong. It's not like Spann "just caught" Reyes. Dom looked absolutely awful. Where he was previously known for his graceful, athletic footwork and the way he could bounce around the Octagon and mix up his shot selection, against Ryan we saw none of that. The dude was dragging himself around the cage, flat-footed, like he was stuck in molasses. Everything about the way he moved and struck was painfully slow. Not just that, but his decision-making was off, too: he was throwing naked body kicks with zero setup that were telegraphed from a mile away. He looked nothing like the guy who fought Jones and stormed his way up the division years ago; he looked thoroughly washed IMO, as crazy as it is to say considering he's a guy with fairly little fight mileage in the grand scheme of things.
That's a good point, but also Spann has tons of power. I guess to me it didn't look like Spann would've won if they were wearing 16oz gloves and headgear like Olympic boxers or something that prevents KOs. Reyes looks different obviously and has got worse each KO, but I'm just guessing it's something mental.

That's a good point, but also Spann has tons of power. I guess to me it didn't look like Spann would've won if they were wearing 16oz gloves and headgear like Olympic boxers or something that prevents KOs. Reyes looks different obviously and has got worse each KO, but I'm just guessing it's something mental.

Honestly even if they were wearing all that I think there's a good chance Reyes would have found a way to get hurt regardless or he would have gotten out-pointed. He just looked... off in there, in more ways than his chin.

It reminded me of watching Chuck come back to fight Tito for the last time.

I've been critical of ufc matchmaking but imo this fight vs Jacoby is the the absolute perfect fight to see if Reyes has anything left whatsoever

Back