Opinion Is Donald Trump the worst president ever?

Is he?

• Total voters
dont know enough about past presidents to make an accurate assesment, bush was a fuckin disaster, reagan was a scumbag, the difference now i think is that he was surrounded by a party that looked the other way and enabled his shit.
Don't forget Nixon

See the pattern

Well, he hasn't rounded up people based upon race, heritage, or where their ancestors came from and put them in reservations or internment camps.

Yet.

No.

I am flabbergasted by the hate hes gotten in the last year. We now are gonna have a potato as our leader, via cheating, and almost everyone is in denial or blind.
You’re a pathetic shit head from top to bottom.

Astounding.

id like an example of Trump being racist, homophobic and especially anti semetic? i think left leaning people throw this around as if it is fact and you can just get away saying it without any basis of truth. The truth is that this man employed more POC than hillary, bill, biden, harris, pelosi and frankly all of congress and the senate combined. He did things that even Obama never did for the black communities by asking the communities themselves for help and how he can create helpful policy. He has never uttered a racist word toward black americans. Why is it ok to just label him as a racist. This is why I cant get on your side leftites. I never voted republican in my life till trump because of how this labeling and fake doxing or whatever the hell this is called now, has been normalized and its ability to ruin peoples lives.

This is actually for his supporters, how can you realistically argue that Donald Trump with his multiple violations. (Dont think the internet has the bandwidth for me to list them all) is not the worst president ever of the greatest country in the world?

I think it's a tie between Trump, Bush jr and those Presidents that escalated the Vietnam war.

It was Woodrow Wilson and there are at least a dozen worse Presidents between him and Trump... including Obama and Carter.

He was reviled before he was elected because he was already a well known scumbag promoting racist conspiracies about President Obama (birtherism).

It's not like his record of shit behavior started after he was elected.

Take note of the date on that tweet.

Personally I hated the birther thing as I thought it was stupid, and to be honest I think he's fairly scummy. With that being said - I try to look the best I can at policy more than anyone's personality. Not that I agree with ALL his policy, but for as long as I can remember we've had politicians handing crumbs to people (usually in the form of "social" policy), saying the right things, "behaving" the right way in exchange for slowly eroding the liberties and economic mobility as everyone else. And even if he didn't pan out ideally by any stretch, at this juncture in the U.S., I think alot of people felt like we at least had to TRY with someone that wasn't someone that's been in politics for a long time, towing the typical party lines while slowly lining their pockets and that of their Ilk. Even if misguided in my opinion, I get why people would prefer Trump AND Bernie over other candidates with regard to cultural change in Washington; although Bernie's looking more establishment these days.

Also that tweet alludes to my point. Why are we listening to the same entrenched politicians about what's good/bad? It's their decisions on good/bad that have lead us down this slow and steady path. And that's part of the nefariousness, they do just enough to make things worse but not too much that it effects their electablility, and slowly but sure the country starts to become less free, less prosperous for the general population. They're basically playing into Hedonic adaptation. And it's working. Each year won't look too much different from the year before or even 5 years before, however over 20, 30 years, you'll see where we were and where we're at and wonder how things have changed so much, for the worse, even if we have increases in certain material "comforts" (see: distractions).

Personally I hated the birther thing as I thought it was stupid, and to be honest I think he's fairly scummy. With that being said - I try to look the best I can at policy more than anyone's personality. Not that I agree with ALL his policy, but for as long as I can remember we've had politicians handing crumbs to people (usually in the form of "social" policy), saying the right things, "behaving" the right way in exchange for slowly eroding the liberties and economic mobility as everyone else. And even if he didn't pan out ideally by any stretch, at this juncture in the U.S., I think alot of people felt like we at least had to TRY with someone that wasn't someone that's been in politics for a long time, towing the typical party lines while slowly lining their pockets and that of their Ilk. Even if misguided in my opinion, I get why people would prefer Trump AND Bernie over other candidates with regard to cultural change in Washington; although Bernie's looking more establishment these days.

Also that tweet alludes to my point. Why are we listening to the same entrenched politicians about what's good/bad? It's their decisions on good/bad that have lead us down this slow and steady path. And that's part of the nefariousness, they do just enough to make things worse but not too much that it effects their electablility, and slowly but sure the country starts to become less free, less prosperous for the general population. They're basically playing into Hedonic adaptation. And it's working. Each year won't look too much different from the year before or even 5 years before, however over 20, 30 years, you'll see where we were and where we're at and wonder how things have changed so much, for the worse, even if we have increases in certain material "comforts" (see: distractions).

I feel like the " he's not a politician" argument is the dumbest fucking argument I've ever heard.

You have a plumbing issue, and the previous plumbers sucked. You're not going to ask a fucking veterinarian to replace them and fix your plumbing issue.

You have a heart condition. The last two doctors couldn't help you out. You're not going to ask a fucking grocery store clerk to replace them and do open heart surgery.

So why the fuck would anyone pretend like putting someone who isn't a politician into office would be a good idea? It's stupid logic. Trump had zero idea how international and domestic politics worked, but he's going to fix it somehow? It's literal insanity.

I feel like the " he's not a politician" argument is the dumbest fucking argument I've ever heard.

You have a plumbing issue, and the previous plumbers sucked. You're not going to ask a fucking veterinarian to replace them and fix your plumbing issue.

You have a heart condition. The last two doctors couldn't help you out. You're not going to ask a fucking grocery store clerk to replace them and do open heart surgery.

So why the fuck would anyone pretend like putting someone who isn't a politician into office would be a good idea? It's stupid logic. Trump had zero idea how international and domestic politics worked, but he's going to fix it somehow? It's literal insanity.

Dude calm the fuck down you condescending prick. You can have a different opinion, and I may listen, but watch your tone. And to say he has ZERO idea is hyperbole, he just makes you feel butthurt.

Being able to do something and WHAT you want to accomplish is also part of the issue. I have no doubt Hillary was capable of getting things done, but WHAT she wants to get done is the issue as well. Your analogy is wrong, b/c the issue with politicians isn't just about how to execute, but what they want to execute.

Get Fucked...

100%. There is also the cliche of "We need someone who will run the govt like a business". That leaves so many questions since you have no idea WHAT KIND of business they are talking about. Obviously, this was the wrong kind of businessman to apply his private sector acumen to the leadership of the nation, and anyone with 5 minutes on Google could have figured out that the "business success" of DJT was full of serious red flags.

Dude calm the fuck down you condescending prick. You can have a different opinion, and I may listen, but watch your tone. And to say he has ZERO idea is hyperbole, he just makes you feel butthurt.

Being able to do something and WHAT you want to accomplish is also part of the issue. I have no doubt Hillary was capable of getting things done, but WHAT she wants to get done is the issue as well. Your analogy is wrong, b/c the issue with politicians isn't just about how to execute, but what they want to execute.

Get Fucked...

Sounds like you're not the calm one here. I'm just pointing out how it's logically dumb as fuck to think someone with zero experience in a field would perform better than people who spent their lives dedicated to said field.

I'm not butthurt. The only campaign promise Trump fulfilled was to make America great again. Definitely unorthodox methods, but he finally achieved it. House is owned by Dems. Senate owned by Dems. Presidency is Dems. GOP is split and exposed. Racists and psychopaths came out of the woodwork to also get exposed. I'm fairly happy.

Sounds like you're not the calm one here. I'm just pointing out how it's logically dumb as fuck to think someone with zero experience in a field would perform better than people who spent their lives dedicated to said field.

I'm not butthurt. The only campaign promise Trump fulfilled was to make America great again. Definitely unorthodox methods, but he finally achieved it. House is owned by Dems. Senate owned by Dems. Presidency is Dems. GOP is split and exposed. Racists and psychopaths came out of the woodwork to also get exposed. I'm fairly happy.

Actually you don't sound calm, you felt the need to hurl insults unprovoked, nice projection though bud. I merely don't like being insulted, perfectly natural response.

To get to your point, we have politicians with decades of experience at getting things done, WHAT they're getting done is a problem. Stalin was good at getting things done, but I wouldn't use his ability to get things done as a good metric of his greatness as a leader. As for experience, I'd argue that real world business experience goes alot further than professional pandering.

Actually you don't sound calm, you felt the need to hurl insults unprovoked, nice projection though bud. I merely don't like being insulted, perfectly natural response.

To get to your point, we have politicians with decades of experience at getting things done, WHAT they're getting done is a problem. Stalin was good at getting things done, but I wouldn't use his ability to get things done as a good metric of his greatness as a leader. As for experience, I'd argue that real world business experience goes alot further than professional pandering.

Sorry if you don't like your retarded ideas being called retarded. It's a perfectly natural response for me to call bullshit when I hear something ridiculous.

Business acumen is completely unrelated to politics. The goals of each are completely different. The goal of a company is profit, not to take the best care of the customer as possible. The goal of effective government isn't profit.

Sorry if you don't like your retarded ideas being called retarded. It's a perfectly natural response for me to call bullshit when I hear something ridiculous.

Business acumen is completely unrelated to politics. The goals of each are completely different. The goal of a company is profit, not to take the best care of the customer as possible. The goal of effective government isn't profit.

I really can't trust your judgement on what's retarded or not, or what's bullshit. I can't take you seriously as a person as you can't just have a debate and need to hurl insults. You sound very feminine... And the fact that you think so many people that supported him are psychopaths and racists (are you a psychologist?) shows your lack of emotional control. Good luck to you...you're gonna need it kiddo.

No
Hoover was the worst and then Nixon coming close at 2nd place.
The Great Depression lasted all 4 years of Hoover's Presidency.
He didn't know what the fuck he was doing in office.
None of his policies helped America.

I'd imagine John McCain would've been Hoover 2.0 if he got elected instead of Obama.

That Trump told his supporters he'd be right there with them but instead went back to his bunker to talk shit about them was a really nice finishing touch too.
So in his last days, he relentlessly pedaled a conspiracy theory, much to the detriment of the whole country, then is caught on tape trying to do the very thing he's accused others of, then proceeds to get 5 people killed a block away from where he lives. Best transition period ever, smoother than a baby's bum, 12/10, stable genius at it again. You're welcome America.

Get Fucked...
what donnie wanted to do was enrich himself and feel important.....thats it, anybody arguing otherwise is a fool.

what donnie wanted to do was enrich himself and feel important.....thats it, anybody arguing otherwise is a fool.
While I tend to agree with you, what makes you the authority on the matter?

Back