Is gsp vs Hendricks still the most controversial fight of all time ?

Versez

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was at the shopping mall lately doing some grocery and I was surprised to still heard a conversation about who won between George and Johnny, the fact that people still talk about it 8 years ago just show at what point this fight was polarized. Johnny won it imo.

I believe it is still the only MMA robbery where 100% of the media scored it for the loser. At the time no one counted it as a title defense this being ambigious is revisionist history by GSP fans.

I haven't re watch this fight in a while, but I probably should. But I do remember thinking that Martin kampmann got screwed when he lost the decision against Diego

Biggest robbery of all time. Hendricks totally won that fight, and if the fight was judged with today's rules and what makes a 10-8 round, then Hendricks would have officially won because rounds 2 and 4 would have been scored as 10-8 for Hendricks.
I think Hendricks maybe should have won, but you are brain dead if you think either of those rounds are close to 10-8 today

That fight hurt GSP's legacy a lot, it's essentially a loss he didn't care to even try and make right by re matching Hendricks.

He pretty much admitted there was a fighter better than him during his era by not re matching Hendricks after losing.

I think Hendricks maybe should have won, but you are brain dead if you think either of those rounds are close to 10-8 today

They were clearly 10-8s. If you think GSP winning round 1 with a 10-9 and Hendricks winning round 2 with the same score, 10-9, is fair then you are the brain dead one. Those rounds should have been 10-8s. And honestly round 1 was a total draw.

I was at the shopping mall lately doing some grocery and I was surprised to still heard a conversation about who won between George and Johnny, the fact that people still talk about it 8 years ago just show at what point this fight was polarized. Johnny won it imo.
No, it's not.

The fight was close enough to be a draw, so giving it to either guy doesn't make it a robbery.

McGregor getting away with at least 19 fouls against Nurmagomedov was far more controversial.

Back