Is it me or are the BW more active than any other division right now ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 592822
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 592822

This year we had great fights in Sterling/CCC, Merab/Tan, Sandhagen/Chiro, Song/Simon, Font/Yanez, Munhoz/Gutierrez

And this summer was have bangers like Sterling/OMalley, Font/Song, Cejudo/Chito and Umar/Sandhagen happening

I feel like this division is moving FAST when compared to for example WW where Colby gets a TS from a win 18 months ago and Khamzat gets to sit forever. Faster than any division maybe

Is it just me that has an impression or is it a real thing ? they're more active for whatever reason ?

Maybe we're in the golden age of BW like how LHW had his own when Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Forrest, Chuck, Wand and Rashad were all there at the same time.

Love that and hopes it keeps going

BW was always a shark tank. They maybe doing more frequently big fights but it was always a shark tank.

This year we had great fights in Sterling/CCC, Merab/Tan, Sandhagen/Chiro, Song/Simon, Font/Yanez, Munhoz/Gutierrez

And this summer was have bangers like Sterling/OMalley, Font/Song, Cejudo/Chito and Umar/Sandhagen happening

I feel like this division is moving FAST when compared to for example WW where Colby gets a TS from a win 18 months ago and Khamzat gets to sit forever. Faster than any division maybe

Is it just me that has an impression or is it a real thing ? they're more active for whatever reason ?

Maybe we're in the golden age of BW like how LHW had his own when Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Forrest, Chuck, Wand and Rashad were all there at the same time.

Love that and hopes it keeps going
The 135 division has slowly but surely built its way up to be one of the most skilled and premier divisions for sure. The division has many layers of talent, and with Sterling's polarizing following, it now has a lot of marketability, especially with Cejudo back in the mix. O'Malley is a sell as well. And yes, the fighters activity seems to be very high; not too many guys at the top are taking big breaks or getting big injuries (some exceptions of course).

Easily the best division and has been for a while. 155 and 170 are grossly overrated with years of rematches/rank squatting stalling the divisions and 145/185 are so bad, I'd be fine if they boarded them up like lightweight before Sherk dropped down.
I think 185 will build its way up fairly soon -- there are a lot of solid prospects in the pipeline outside the top 10. Some of the Eastern European studs are finally making their way to the UFC. However, even so, the frequency of fights at 185 just isn't there -- Aliaskhab Khizriev, Bo Nickal, Joseph Pyfer, etc aren't fighting 3-5 times/year like some of the bantomweights.

Yeah the contenders aren't ducking each other. Except for the Aljo-Merab situation it's a relatively politics-free division. Even O'Malley had to go through Yan (sort of) to earn his spot at the top. Add to that the best overall talent in the sport, it's been the best division for a few years now.

props to Aljo, he is winning me over with his activity

lol at you blaming WW on Colby and not Leon. Only one of them is ducking...

BW was always a shark tank. They maybe doing more frequently big fights but it was always a shark tank.

not when they started the division, it was pretty stale then. Cruz rematching Faber for the title and what not. It's an absolute shark tank full of banger fights now. The best division for sure. And I didn't see it coming

props to Aljo, he is winning me over with his activity

lol at you blaming WW on Colby and not Leon. Only one of them is ducking...

Colby ducked Khamzat, Belal, Burns... All called for a fight with him but he's sitting down. Given that Leon defended his title 3 months ago and that Colby hasn't fought anyone for the last 15 months, yeah I'm blaming it on Colby

Colby ducked Khamzat, Belal, Burns... All called for a fight with him but he's sitting down. Given that Leon defended his title 3 months ago and that Colby hasn't fought anyone for the last 15 months, yeah I'm blaming it on Colby
Khamzat can't make 170 and Belal and Burns just put on a snoozer.

Colby made championship weight as a backup on another continent

Sterling is a great active champ and him staying active forces the division to follow suit. Sherdog struggles with this at times

BW has been my favourite for a long time. When I don’t have time to watch a card, I’ll watch the BW fights on the card first the next day.

It’s a great division and fun as fuck.

Welterweight has been a joke for years. Colby and Masvidal refusing to fight anyone that wasn't a money fight. The UFC literally removed Leon from the rankings just to get him to take a fight. Belal on a crazy win streak and not getting a title shot. Wonderboy admitting he doesn't want to fight any wrestlers. Khamzat being a Twitter warrior but not actually taking any fights. Props to Burns for taking fights and keeping the division moving.

Khamzat can't make 170 and Belal and Burns just put on a snoozer.

Colby made championship weight as a backup on another continent

having an argument with a Colby fanboy is like talking with a 3 years old kid. You can make all the sense in the world he can't understand it

Back