Is Izzy a better version of Anderson Silva ?

The hendo/Vitor that Anderson beat are just as good as anyone Izzy beat. Feel free to be ignorant if you want, newer fighter doesn’t mean better.
Yoel and Whittaker are both as good of wins as those two at MW

You think Anderson was a better kicker than Adesanya??? No way. They are both lethal but Adesanya's is much more effortless.

How many times has Adesanya's been submitted??? See how that's a silly point???
How many times has he been taken down and to event attempt to be submitted?

He has the potential to be. Right now id say no. Spider at times left your jaw on the floor the things he did. I havent got that feeling from.Izzy yet but it could start happening if he takes out Jan and starts getting some highlight finishes.

It’s easy to forget.
Silva at his prime was something special.
I recommend everyone to go rewatch Adesanya vs Silva.

I believe he is better striker than Anderson ever has been. Silva was great but had a few fights where he was a bit fortunate and, despite what others will tell you, some of the fighters he fought, while decent MMA fighters, were pretty terrible strikers which allowed him to treat them disrespectfully. You'll notice the showboating was massively toned down against Izzy because he knew he was fighting someone with actual striking skills, not clumsy wrestlers who've rounded out their game a bit.

No, and it's not even close.

He also didn't beat better fighters than Anderson. You don't understand the level Anderson was operating on during his prime. Izzy will wash out and you guys will turn on him like you do everyone else.
Dude has 2 title defenses, one against a 40 year old Romero who literally stood still and covered up to preserve his diminishing vigor and cardio.

This. Izzy has 2 defenses and doesn't even have one Anderson-like KO highlight. He will eventually lose and everyone will start talking about how they knew he was overrated. He will need to prove me wrong for the next 5+ years to even be in the Anderson discussion.

He is very similar to a prime AS just a beast with razor precision. AS now is just past his prime, go look at his first 15 or 16 fights in the UFC he was untouchable.

Oh and of course you can 'matrix' when you're fighting MMA level strikers. Try that crap in a proper Muay Thai or kickboxing fight.

Half of the mid to lower tier fights now look like very sloppy kickboxing fights and the standard of striking was even lower in AS's prime.

Hard to say, but i'm inclined to say yes, though not by a crazy margin yet.

Silva has looked more spectacular, but has faced a lot of guys whose striking is by all accounts not very good.

Nostalgia bias and the hate against Izzy will prevent most people from acknowledging this though.

Whittaker, Romero, Gas and even Costa are good of even very good strikers, which can't be said about a lot Anderson Silva's opponents, the best strikers of which have been Dan Henderson and Non-TRT-Vitor...

Hard to say, but i'm inclined to say yes, though not by a crazy margin yet.

Silva has looked more spectacular, but has faced a lot of guys whose striking is by all accounts not very good.

Nostalgia bias and the hate against Izzy will prevent most people from acknowledging this though.

Whittaker, Romero, Gas and even Costa are good of even very good strikers, which can't be said about a lot Anderson Silva's opponents, the best strikers of which have been Dan Henderson and Non-TRT-Vitor...
I mean wrestler koed him and broke his leg by checking kick not a good look for silva

I mean wrestler koed him and broke his leg by checking kick not a good look for silva
Wrestlers can be insanely dangerous on the feet, since their wrestling means the striker has to worry about wrestling AND striking of the opponent (though especially the wrestling) but yeah, made Silva look kinda stupid.

It's not like it was the first time where he clowned around either, he *always* did that, yet when he got beat by Silva, some people act like it wasn't part of his strategy and that he had won otherwise. Just lol.

He has the potential to be. Right now id say no. Spider at times left your jaw on the floor the things he did. I havent got that feeling from.Izzy yet but it could start happening if he takes out Jan and starts getting some highlight finishes.
His destruction of Whittaker and Costa were super impressive.....

He might be if he keeps progressing, and fighting titlefights, but as of now, Prime Anderson was a better fighter than Israel is.

Mmmm no. Izzy is more athletic has better tdd. And thats about it. Silvas striking was on another level. Until i see izzy do some matrix shit. Ima say no. Silva was doing some shit only seen in movies.

If he beats Jan defends the belt at LHW three times and than beats Jon Jones. He'll be considered one of the GOAT's that's for sure. He'll certainly surpass Anderson Silva.

Back