Social Is Joe Rogan a menace to public health? Megathread

Are the doctors who signed the letter correct?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has any of the cowardly mma media even asked Dana about Joe using n word a bunch of times? Or has Dana made himself "unavailable" the last few days. If so that is telling.

I don't really care about Joe's transgressions, but I do care to watch Dana squirm like the weasel he is. That's always a good time.

Amidst controversies, long-time UFC commentator and analyst Joe Rogan has found himself in a bit of a sticky situation... as he becomes the latest target for 'cancel culture'.

Despite getting tons of support from fighters and fans and the tons of celebrities and scientists and so on that he's given a platform to over his years of working his other job doing podcasts... we can't deny that Joe Rogan is the subject of rather unfortunate news right now.

How will that affect Joe Rogan's future with the UFC?

Will Rogan be on commentary at UFC 271 in Houston? Will the UFC be diplomatically sidelining him till things cool down? I believe Spotify isn't going to budge... but what about the UFC, especially now that it's owned by WME-IMG ?

Thoughts?
Joe Rogan will get a standing ovation in Texas lol

Oh yeah, because Dana White is always looking to appease woke twitter losers.

iu

Here's your answer TS.

Cheers

$100 says that DC will go out of his way to be nice to Rogan to show how 'not racist' Rogan is...

"My good friend Joe Rogan"
I can already hear it.

Bummer. Since they already 1-up each other all the time, it would be hilarious if DC went like "Is it because I'm black" when they disagreed on commentary <Lmaoo>

Gonna be awkward when they run their little Black history month bits and DC just stares at Rogan awkwardly while Rogan does his best to avoid eye contact
Not really. I think DC understands that everything Rogan ever said was in context. He never called anyone that word himself or meant it out of any racism or bigotry. DC probably thinks the whole thing is overblown. This whole thing is a political assassination basically.

Not really. I think DC understands that everything Rogan ever said was in context. He never called anyone that word himself or meant it out of any racism or bigotry. DC probably thinks the whole thing is overblown. This whole thing is a political assassination basically.

Well I was joking, I'm sure they will still be on good terms. But if I had to guess, I would say DC probably was somewhat offended by the comments, but that it won't change how he feels about Joe who is a friend of his. Most black people don't want white or anyone else saying the n word, that's not just a myth perpetuated by white liberals, contrary to what some might believe. And his ape joke was actually worse than the n word stuff. I mean why do you think Joe never actually said any of this stuff around black people? There's a reason for it

Well I was joking, I'm sure they will still be on good terms. But if I had to guess, I would say DC probably was somewhat offended by the comments, but that it won't change how he feels about Joe who is a friend of his. Most black people don't want white or anyone else saying the n word, that's not just a myth perpetuated by white liberals, contrary to what some might believe. And his ape joke was actually worse than the n word stuff. I mean why do you think Joe never actually said any of this stuff around black people? There's a reason for it
I'm not saying he's never said stupid or ignorant shit, I mean he's Joe Rogan. He's a lovable dope.

I do not believe him to be a racist, however.

Malone has some decent commentary on the situation, suggest this will be the left wing media isolating more typically left leaning people, similar to what they have done to moms over mask mandates, etc.

Durrrr Rogan is not a liberal he’s a fake and a RiGhT WiNg Nazi ……
Some quick clips of being a liberal

This guy is getting paid to listen to Rogan for misinformation. Complete clown show. I love how he posts this as another reason why Rogan should be cancelled:

Meanwhile, anyone with a sense of humor would laugh at the clip and see the comedy in it. I'd love to hear the private conversations of these people and hear how virtuous and non-controversial they are. Something tells met that's not the case and they have just as many "problematic" conversations but want to act like they are puritans. What a world we live in now where the youth are the fascistic censors.

But I don't understand. Why are leftists only now bringing this up? Surely it's because they care about racism, and not at all because they're pissed that he's talking about vaccines?

Anybody who gets popular but doesn't fall in line with the Left's narratives gets targeted. None of them are offended at what Rogan said. No, it's not racist to read out song lyrics that contain the N-word. Plus, these clips have been around for 10 plus years and nobody cared. The Left wants to target him so they create stories about old Rogan clips that have "resurfaced." They could do it to anybody. Why don't they go after Howard Stern? Keifer Sutherland? Axel Rose? It's not about consistency and they are not really outraged. They just want Rogan silenced.

This guy is getting paid to listen to Rogan for misinformation. Complete clown show. I love how he posts this as another reason why Rogan should be cancelled:

Meanwhile, anyone with a sense of humor would laugh at the clip and see the comedy in it. I'd love to hear the private conversations of these people and hear how virtuous and non-controversial they are. Something tells met that's not the case and they have just as many "problematic" conversations but want to act like they are puritans. What a world we live in now where the youth are the fascistic censors.

I'm pretty sure I've heard Rogan go on a rant numerous times that adult women who prey on boys should be condemned just as badly as adult men who do it to girls. He makes these kinds of jokes to expose the hypocrisy of it all.

Back