Social Is Joe Rogan a menace to public health? Megathread

Are the doctors who signed the letter correct?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
What was it even about? Him telling a joke or rapping a song by Brotha Lynch Hung?

Good for Joe. And I'm not really surprised. I think the initial deal was 100 million over ten years but there are almost certainly incentives for advertising and new memberships that get brought in by his podcasts. Joe does multiple podcasts per week, sometimes per day, he has around 11 million downloads per podcast. There are ads on the free version and spotifies memberships have gone up about 40 million since he joined. If he is responsible for a million or more then that is $119 million per year and he is well worth the investment and probably gets a cut.

Vlad of Vladtv who is also white

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Lol at the white guy trying to coach up the black guy on why he's wrong to not be offended, then wanting credit by saying "whenever I quote it, I always say 'the N word'". MJW's answer was "ok, well I owe you a cookie".

<36>
People love getting offended for others, even when the person who “should” be offended doesn’t mind something. These bugmen’s views on race relations are pretty much religious views, and you can tell by their guttural reaction to anything contrarian.

You will find most black celebrities back rogan. It always comes to the vocal small minority with the megaphone crying poor me, if i cant succeed then ill take anyone i can down

bullshido recognize bullshido

he literally says in the video that he's not defending him. he also says its different when a guy is having a discussion of the word and uses it vs using it toward a person.

Man you typed a lot of disjointed stuff that sounds like its bordering on conspiracy , which Joe is all about.

What is "cancel culture"?

What are examples of this?

I see. It appears this term "cancel culture" is really just about people these days not wanting to take
up accountability and probably four years of a leader crying "victim" every day.

Getting fired from your job or committing crime is not "cancelling" thats called, reprecussions.

Raping someone like Harvey Weinstein and R. Kelly did is a crime. They went to court, went through the full judicial
process and were held guilty for punishable sexual crimes. #meToo" didnt punish them on twitter for rape. Years of sexual
crime and being found guilty in a court of law punished them.

Jonathan Friedland wasnt "cancelled" he was FIRED from Netflix for repeatedly using the N-word on multiple occasions.
This isnt the 1960's. You cant say the N-word in a major communication firm in America, twice no less, and not expect repercussion
his colleagues complained and he was FIRED. Thats not "cancellation" thats called "termination". You do foolish things
you will get fired from your employer, period.

Never heard of the Bob Baffet horse racing chap (didnt know that was still a thing) However a quick search reveals
" 30 horses Baffert trained had failed drug tests."

"In 2021, the post-race test of Kentucky Derby winner Medina Spirit showed 21pg/mL of betamethasone.[13]
In Kentucky, any amount of betamethasone detected in post-race testing is a violation and could result in a
disqualification.[14] It was Baffert’s fifth violation in 13 months.[15]"

"On May 17, 2021, the New York Racing Association (NYRA) banned Baffert from entering Medina Spirit or any of his other
horses in the 2021 Belmont Stakes or any other race at Belmont Park."

"Controversy deepened when on December 6, 2021 Medina Spirit died of an apparent heart attack after a workout at Santa
Anita Park.[36] This reminded the public that since 2000, at least 74 other horses had died while in Baffert’s stable"

These are just a few of his many, many indictments.

Again, committing crime, fraud, breaching social norms, rape, and facing ramifications is not "cancellation"
that's what we call "consequences"

Kids today need to learn this. Crying "victim" doesn't absolve one of crime and consequence. There is no boogey man cancelling,
just
ramifications from actions.

No.
Cancel Culture is an expression.
If someone gets fired from their job and won’t be able to get another job, they have been canceled. That’s what the expression means.

It’s that simple.

This is now the Megathread about Joe Rogan and any political action regarding his podcast.
Please continue to use this thread rather than creating new threads for your own personal opinion or each article/youtube video/tweet/blogpost on the topic you encounter.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/14/joe-rogan-and-his-spotify-podcast-are-a-menace-to-public-health/

From the article:
“A group of 270 experts have penned an open letter addressed to the Swedish audio streaming service condemning the top-rated show, “The Joe Rogan Experience.”

“The doctors, researchers and health-care professionals who co-signed the statement have expressed concern that the podcast’s outspoken 54-year-old host is making millions on the dissemination of bogus medical advice — to the health detriment of his listeners.

The letter also asked the streaming music service to “establish a clear and public policy to moderate misinformation on its platform.”

“Spotify has a responsibility to mitigate the spread of misinformation on its platform, though the company presently has no misinformation policy,” they wrote.”
He doesn’t tell people what to do. He lets you figure that out on your own which is contrary to what our politicians do lol

Lol at the white guy trying to coach up the black guy on why he's wrong to not be offended, then wanting credit by saying "whenever I quote it, I always say 'the N word'". MJW's answer was "ok, well I owe you a cookie".

<36>
VLAD pushes narratives lol. That's why. He's a plant most likely. Look it up, many in the industry think he is lol.

lol 188 pages what the fuck

Also fuck Rogan. I enjoy him commentating on the ufc for whatever reason lol, but would not listen to him anywhere else

No.
Cancel Culture is an expression.
If someone gets fired from their job and won’t be able to get another job, they have been canceled. That’s what the expression means.

It’s that simple.

More often than not, when people get fired from jobs it's hard to get new jobs depending on what theyre fired for.

That's why people generally dont want to get fired.

Accountability is not some strange new phenomena.

It's pretty scary that some youngsters not in the job market might not grasp this simple concept and fear some boogie man called "cancellation "

Vlad of Vladtv who is also white, tries to tell Michael Jai White why he should not back Joe Rogan

Vlad has a totally different perspective.

His target audience is predominantly Black. He started as a Hip Hop DJ. In his world saying the N Word would be absolute career suicide and straight up CRAZY. It would be like eminem saying it who I'm sure would express the same sentiment.

I haven't heard the context Joe said it, I heard it was said multiple times but I'd assume his audience not only wouldn't be offended some appreciate hearing.

Ultimately Vlad would have a totally different perspective than Joe or even MJW on the matter.

Again if Vlad said it, hed be fucked.

VLAD pushes narratives lol. That's why. He's a plant most likely. Look it up, many in the industry think he is lol.

Isn't he the guy who gets rappers in trouble by encouraging them to talk about their crimes?

Every time I've heard one of his interviews, he's trying to stir something up between people. I tend to think that this is just another one of those moments.

Back