Is kimbo slice the most influential figure in combat sport through the "internet era"?

I'm out of touch with the internet. Stopped using it about 2005 ish.

McNugget clearly is.

Kimbo missed his moment, should have gone into pro wrestling since he was mostly image driven. Sure he was knocking bums out at backyard bbc s but he couldn't compete at pro fighting levels.

Def loved by fans and a stand up dude by most accounts. RIP

No. He had his moment but not 1 person thought he was actually world class elite? Just a street thug that KO'D Other non professionals

Floyd Mayweather?
Manny Pacquiao?
Ronda Rousey?
Conor McGregor?

I remembered when my non UFC trained friends think that Kimbo could beat a Prime Chuck with that look in his eyes.

People quickly forgot about Kimbo when he lost to that last minute replacement LHW fighter, Seth Mozarella, or something.

He got me into fighting, before that just heard UFC mentioned in passing. Not sure how many other people were brought into fighting by Elite XC's Kimbo cards. Anyhow it's weird cause he flipped around from being overrated to underrated, he was a pretty good HW(guys who beat him at HW were MItrione and Roy Nelson) people just associated him with being a media circus.

And it's insane EVERY single time he got in the cage something crazy happened. Thompson, Petrullzi, Ken Shamrock, Dada 5000 every time he got in the cage some crazy shit happened and it wasn't scripted it was just a coincidence. He is the only non championship level fighter in the history of combat sports who could outsell the champs(especially today).

He got me into fighting, before that just heard UFC mentioned in passing. Not sure how many other people were brought into fighting by Elite XC's Kimbo cards. Anyhow it's weird cause he flipped around from being overrated to underrated, he was a pretty good HW(guys who beat him at HW were MItrione and Roy Nelson) people just associated him with being a media circus.

And it's insane EVERY single time he got in the cage something crazy happened. Thompson, Petrullzi, Ken Shamrock, Dada 5000 every time he got in the cage some crazy shit happened and it wasn't scripted it was just a coincidence. He is the only non championship level fighter in the history of combat sports who could outsell the champs(especially today).
Even though Elite XC was a joke of an organization, they did a good job of filling Kimbo's undercards with exciting fighters.

I specifically remember Murilo "Ninja" Rua vs Benji Radach being straight fire.

His videos were huge back in the day. You could tell he had some boxing training. He was rolling into hooks and knocking guys out with uppercuts. This was before the way YouTube and internet video as it is today.

I remember when me and my friends watched the fight he lost vs Gannon we were so shocked it was like he was the street champion and lost his belt. In a gym

Its hard to say. I'm tempted to say that he could have been if he had had a longer career (I don't think he's coming back) but the more I think about it, even with only a couple of years in the limelight, he probably is the most influential person in MMA history and far as having broad appeal. I don't know if he eclipses the biggest boxing stars through history though. I highly doubt it.

Come to think of it, that honor should definitely go to Chuck Norris, and I'm not even making a joke..lol.

No. He had his 15 mins,and soon as he lost to Seth,he wasnt the same. Casualsl were still interested him,but he they were kinda like hoping he could get better,where before... they thought,the guy is the real deal

Back