Is Pantoja a top 5 flyweight of alltime? Top 3?

Now Cejudo Vs Joe was definitely debatable.

If I'm going top 10 now off the top of my head it's

1. Mighty Mouse

Big gap

2. Moreno
3. Figgy
4. Benavidez
5. Pantoja

Those four all being extremely close

6. Cejudo
7. Dodson
8. Formiga
9. McCall
10. Moraes or Horiguchi ( I think Gucci skill wise is a lot higher but he ended up mostly fighting at 135)

Moraes???? As in Adriano? Dont they make 135lbs at "flyweight" there? I dont think he counts as a "flyweight".....

Moraes???? As in Adriano? Dont they make 135lbs at "flyweight" there? I dont think he counts as a "flyweight".....

It's ONEs flyweight division, depends if you believe Chatri on the weight cutting hydration rules. I agree I'm not sure he could make 125 now but before they changed the weight cutting rules he was cutting to 125.

JoeB wasnt unanimously the number 2 from 2011-2015/16 or so.... Many thought John Dodson was better than JoeB and they both only lost to MM in that frame. Both lost highly competitive 48-47 FOTN 1st fight but got blown out in rematch. Difference is Dodson went the distance while JoeB got KTFO in round 1.

Dodson JoeB is one of MMAs whatifs....

Lmao no, hes not a "what if" by any means, literally no else in any division has been as good for as long as he has. He proved how good he was, across two divisions.

You know what's not a what if? Patoja during DJ's run. Because he was an active fighter and not a contender.

I think the last Moreno fight was highly debatable. I would rank Brandon higher now for the Figgy quadrilogy. I'll give him 5 behind MM, Moreno, Figgy, Benavidez and probably just ahead of Cejudo.

If he rematches Brandon and beats the prime version clearly though I'll move him up to 2.
At this point I wonder if Figgy and Pantoja made a bet behind the scenes on whom can rematch Moreno the most times.

2 more title defences and he becomes clear #2

Back