International Is Piers Morgan an example of a UK conservative?

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've often heard from many that conservatives in the US are much more to the right than conservatives in europe. So is Piers an example of one of these european conservatives they are taking about? Looking at Piers, he very much resembles conservatives in the US on his views of woke/cancel culture, race, etc. But I can remember him debating against American 2nd amendment activists back in the day, and he also seems less religious compared to a lot of conservatives in the US.

He kinda reminds me of a less smug but also less witty and less tactful version of Bill Maher, they probably share a lot of views too.

And yeah, America is much more conservative than the UK so adjust accordingly. After all, Boris is apparently "far right" over there despite being to the left of "notorious Communist" Joe Biden.

He kinda reminds me of a less smug but also less witty and less tactful version of Bill Maher, they probably share a lot of views too.

And yeah, America is much more conservative than the UK so adjust accordingly. After all, Boris is apparently "far right" over there despite being to the left of "notorious Communist" Joe Biden.
He's definitely not the left of Biden when it comes to social stuff, blm, lgbtq, stuff like that

He's definitely not the left of Biden when it comes to social stuff, blm, lgbtq, stuff like that
He is on stuff that actually matters though, and while Biden does light pandering on social stuff I highly doubt he believes in any of that stuff behind closed doors especially considering his past.

But that does show how terribly positioned American politics are: we are far-right on things such as labor laws while harboring a lot of fringe social stuff on the Left, both of which the rest of the world laughs at us for.

He fights against subversive bad faith political actors in the UK that try to remove monuments to people like Admiral Nelson or remove songs like Rule Britannia from public events. Whether or not that makes him a conservative, I have no idea.

He is a Liberal Democrat AFAIK.

Liberal in Europe doesn't mean lefitst, and probably more closely correlates woth libertarian in North America. Though much less corporatists. That being said, it is still within the Europeam framework, eg. he still opposed private ownership of firearms.

As he lives in one of the safest and richest area codes on Earth, and is metropolitan elite to the letter, his perception of crime reasons or even lifestyle reasons for firearm ownership are extremely skewed.

Someone like Andrew Neil or Isobel Oakshott are better examples of conservatism over here.

I've often heard from many that conservatives in the US are much more to the right than conservatives in europe. So is Piers an example of one of these european conservatives they are taking about? Looking at Piers, he very much resembles conservatives in the US on his views of woke/cancel culture, race, etc. But I can remember him debating against American 2nd amendment activists back in the day, and he also seems less religious compared to a lot of conservatives in the US.
Anyone, and I mean anyone who would align themselves with any type of current woke cancel culture is absolute human garbage., It’s that simple.

Anyone, and I mean anyone who would align themselves with any type of current woke cancel culture is absolute human garbage., It’s that simple.
Go back to sleep.

He is on stuff that actually matters though, and while Biden does light pandering on social stuff I highly doubt he believes in any of that stuff behind closed doors especially considering his past.

But that does show how terribly positioned American politics are: we are far-right on things such as labor laws while harboring a lot of fringe social stuff on the Left, both of which the rest of the world laughs at us for.
He doesn't believe that stuff, I don't think most old democrats do really, but they have no shame or backbone so they cave to the sjws, same as these corporations. It absolutely does matter to

He supports the Conservative Party in Britain. By American standards, he's more like an establishment Democrat. He's pro-choice and pro-gun control which are nonstarters with US conservatives. There used to be people like him in the Republican Party but they got driven out by the wing nuts. They still largely control the center-right parties in Canada and much of Europe, however.

There isn't an equivalent of the GOP in Europe... European conservatives are basically US Democrats

He supports the Conservative Party in Britain. By American standards, he's more like an establishment Democrat. He's pro-choice and pro-gun control which are nonstarters with US conservatives. There used to be people like him in the Republican Party but they got driven out by the wing nuts. They still largely control the center-right parties in Canada and much of Europe, however.

I wouldn't really use gun control as a guide as to where someone sits politically over here. I've literally never heard anyone argue for people to be able to own guns in my life.

Conservatives in europe are too liberal for america. Theyd be moderates at best.

I wouldn't really use gun control as a guide as to where someone sits politically over here. I've literally never heard anyone argue for people to be able to own guns in my life.
If you look at my post more carefully, I said it's a nonstarter with AMERICAN conservatives. Hence, he supports the Conservative Party in Britain and is largely in line with British conservatism but not American.

"UK conservative" is kind of an oxymoron.

I beg your pardon? The oldest political party in the world is the British conservative party and they have remained constant in their values more than any other institution.

rees-mogg_topHat.jpg

Back