Is the hooplah around Khabib really proportionate to his fame?

I am sure the UFC placed it there to maximize the sales. In an covid world it actually should be easier to sell PPV.
It wasn't for the U.S market. That's why it was in when it was. With their tv deals I've seas they made out like crazy.

Khabib has the aura of a once in a lifetime type of fighter.

The way he dominates opponents with his wrestling in the exact same way every single time even though they know what he’s planning to do and plan entire 6-8 week training camps around it - is so impressive.

To do that and go 29-0 in MMA is no easy feat.

I would say he deserves the hype surrounding any Khabib related news. Because seeing Khabib fight again would be a privilege, I would love to see him steamroll through what’s left of the lightweight division.

Oliveira, Chandler, Hooker, Ferguson, then retire as the confirmed 100% GOAT

I did a quick google and is that Conor v Khabib? if so we know who the largest draw was!

All this is marketing 101, Khabib is great maybe in time he will become one of the greatest or leave us wondering/arguing.
That is correct

When it comes to money and news, nothing is proportional....it’s about branding and working together to dupe the public..

I’ve heard all the young people on the TikTok love Nurmagomedov and make their little picture shows about him all the time.

It's because he's so dominant and undefeated that the idea of him coming back for one more and possibly getting beat is so interesting. It's the biggest thing to talk about ATM, and the journalists need to make their headlines.

I see what you mean though, they should just make a decision and announce it, but it's turned into a bit of a show. I guess Dana is hyping his sport on purpose though

Does anyone else feel that all this recent reporting, treating every time Dana talks to Khabib like major news or making some ESPN special about The Decision 2.0, is disproportionate to how famous Khabib actually is, and feels kinda forced and ridiculous?
He's one of the 3 biggest stars in the UFC and might be #1 worldwide.

It's going to be hard to legitimize the belt when the two guys fighting for it got run over by Khabib.

Reactions: HHJ
Bro don’t act like he was the one everyone came to see.
Let's compare Conor vs Khabib numbers to Conor vs Dustin numbers. Which do you think will sell more?

If you're not lying to yourself, it's obviously Conor vs Khabib. Why might that be, if Conor is the only draw? Why does it matter who he fights?

It's going to be hard to legitimize the belt when the two guys fighting for it got run over by Khabib.
Well if they put Nate Diaz in the picture like Conor;s coach wants to do,then that will fix it all and make it better!!!

<{Heymansnicker}>

Well if they put Nate Diaz in the picture like Conor;s coach wants to do,then that will fix it all and make it better!!!

<{Heymansnicker}>

They'll feed Nate the corpse of Donald Cerrone to legitimize his title shot. Sad!

Reactions: HHJ
it's warranted TS. Please stop hating. Khabib earned it. He wasn't given a title shot after beating jabronis, nor was he gifted another title shot after being stripped for inactivity. He never ducked any fade. He always fought the next contender. Tony is not the sharpest and could have made it to 223 if he wasn't fucking around tripping on wires or accepting fights with gaethje. khabib never cheated in a fight either. there are others who set records, like 19 infractions in one fight. khabib none. never been cut, knocked down, stunned or beaten. He's earned it. you sound like a hater TS, stop hating. Hardwork and consistency pays off. unlike some, khabib was treated like shit by fans and dana. let him enjoy, he'll out of your hair soon anyway, when he retires.

Back