Is this the lowest quality in UFC champs in a while?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Heavyweight: Jon Jones - S Tier but also won against a paper champ and is not an established HW
LHW: Jamal Hill - Um ok. C
MW: Sean Strikland C , his win over Israel was good but overall he's a pretty average fighter
WW: Leon Edwards: A tier, one of the better champs but mostly remains unproven.
LW: Islam Makachev: B-tier: Not Khabib, almost got ko'd by a FW

FW: Alexander Volkanovski S Tier - The only reason this list isn't garbage.
BW: Sean O' Malley B Tier - Fasttracked with favorable matchups, won questionable decisions, beat an average champ who had an unimpressive dominance.
FLY: Alexandre Pantoja B Tier - Beat a guy he already defeated, who was honestly more of a "fun" champ than a good champ. Has few notible wins.

Lets not go over the girl divisions but its also pretty shit imo right now. Zhang is probably the only saving grace and not by much.

Last edited:
Heavyweight: Jon Jones - S class, but also won against a paper champ and is not an established HW
LHW: Jamal Hill - Um ok. C
MW: Sean Strikland C class, his win over Israel was good but overall he's a pretty average fighter
WW: Leon Edwards: A tier, one of the better champs but mostly remains unproven.
LW: Islam Makachev: B-tier: Not Khabib, almost got ko'd by a FW
FW: Alexander Volkov S Tier - The only reason this list isn't garbage.
BW: Sean O' Malley B Tier - Fasttracked with favorable matchups, won questionable decisions, beat an average champ who had an unimpressive dominance.
FLY: Alexandre Pantoja B Tier - Beat a guy he already defeated, who was honestly more of a "fun" champ than a good champ. Has few notible wins.

Lets not go over the girl divisions but its also pretty shit imo right now. Zhang is probably the only saving grace and not by much.

Concur with your list, but Pantoja is A class, Jamaal Hill D class.

Makhachev B+ to A- class.

turns out my dad is gay

you-right.gif

Mackhaev as B'tier is unrealistic. He is once a generation talent sincerely speaking.. He is S-tier

Concur with your list, but Pantoja is A class, Jamaal Hill D class.

Makhachev B+ to A- class.
How would you rank Pantoja A class?
Henry = A Class, good fighter, barely defending Fly against notable comp, got lucky on decision against DJ.
DJ = S Class
Moreno/Figgy = B Class, good styles, entertaining, but wont hold the belt, like Pantoja (who lost to figgy and Askar)

Jones isn't S as a HW, he's 1-0, inactive, and looked bad at 205 before returning. 205 will have Jiri or Alex soon so that will be good.

Agree with everything else for the most part if you're comparing them to dominate past champs. It's a pretty entertaining group of champs right now either way.

Mackhaev as B'tier is unrealistic. He is once a generation talent sincerely speaking..
I am willing to give Mak A- but not A.

If we think "S Tier"

I am thinking Khabib (there is rarely more than 1 S)
A = BJ Penn, Charles Olivera, Edgar??
B = The rest. I don't think Islam has yet proven he is over those, i think a lot of his spotlight comes from Khabib, with the exception of his W over Charles.

I am willing to give Mak A- but not A.

If we think "S Tier"

I am thinking Khabib (there is rarely more than 1 S)
A = BJ Penn, Charles Olivera, Edgar??
B = The rest. I don't think Islam has yet proven he is over those, i think a lot of his spotlight comes from Khabib, with the exception of his W over Charles.

Mackhachev is a better fighter then Leon and beats him if he goes up right now. Makhachev skills is perhaps highest right now on per with Jones. Extremely well grounded and i don't see him getting beat for few years

Back