Is this the lowest quality in UFC champs in a while?

So a guy on a 1 fight win streak at FW is S-tier ?
At FW he has beat
* Aldo S Tier
* Holloway (x 3) S TIer
* Korean Zombie - B Tier
* Brian Ortega - B Tier
* Chad Mendes - B Tier arguably A
* Yair Rodriguez - B Tier.

While lots of B's, that's mostly because FW hasn't produced a lot of "A's" such as Conor McGregor imo.

He took a risk and fought a competitive fight against Islam at a higher weight too.

Current champions probably think they are great, only time will tell.

[QUOTE="KID Yamamoto, ] Could this week get any worse? [/QUOTE]

Yes, getting an unexpected groin kick is just 1 of the ways that it could.

Mackhachev is a better fighter then Leon and beats him if he goes up right now. Makhachev skills is perhaps highest right now on per with Jones
I don't know about that. Islam has better striking than Khabib, but he has a harder time controlling opponents. I think Leon's striking in the clinch and generaly defensive work + weight advantage would outdo him. Islam's striking is also overrated tbh. Watch his fights and see how many times he throws a cross, leadhook like its the only combination he's ever learned. A- at best

So a guy on a 1 fight win streak at FW is S-tier ?
facepalm-disappointed.gif

I don't know about that. Islam has better striking than Khabib, but he has a harder time controlling opponents. I think Leon's striking in the clinch and generaly defensive work + weight advantage would outdo him. Islam's striking is also overrated tbh. Watch his fights and see how many times he throws a cross, leadhook like its the only combination he's ever learned. A- at best

wow if you think edwards can actully beat Mahkhachev.. he would be like 4 to 1 underdog against islam despite being the bigger man. there is a gap between them in skills

wow if you think edwards can actully beat Mahkhachev

Weight and size are significant factors that impact your ability to impose a clinch exchange with your opponents. Kamaru is not the wrestler that Islam is, but he is no slouch. Leon has excellent footwork, muay thai, and an ability to defend off the ground. His style is actually quite favorable against a clinch dominant fighter.

Weight and size are significant factors that impact your ability to impose a clinch exchange with your opponents. Kamaru is not the wrestler that Islam is, but he is no slouch. Leon has excellent footwork, muay thai, and an ability to defend off the ground. His style is actually quite favorable against a clinch dominant fighter.

Islams chain wrestling is not comparable to anyone leon has ever seen besides Mackhaev.. the thread creditbility is in ruins after that B rating. Ask someone like volk if he has ever competed or seen someone that deceptively skilled like Mackhaev he is an absolute S just based on skills. Right now gun held to my head I say Islam is most skilled fighter on the roster outside of jones.. He is technically well versed

Last edited:
how is Leon Edwards A Tier? He beat the same guy twice and was getting his d*** knocked in the dirt for 4.5 out of 10 rounds

the only A tiered champs we have are Volk & Islam

Mackhachev is a better fighter then Leon and beats him if he goes up right now. Makhachev skills is perhaps highest right now on per with Jones. Extremely well grounded and i don't see him getting beat for few years

He barely made it out of his first defense against a featherweight with his belt. He did very well against Olivera, but I think we can rein it in just a little bit for now.

plus Islams chin isn't steel at LW, sure with less weight cut probably better but I ain't trusting that thing against guys cutting as much as he does - but to 170

He barely made it out of his first defense against a featherweight with his belt. He did very well against Olivera, but I think we can rein it in just a little bit for now.
Volk weighed more than Islam at the fight. Keep coping.

Heavyweight: Jon Jones - S class, but also won against a paper champ and is not an established HW
LHW: Jamal Hill - Um ok. C
MW: Sean Strikland C class, his win over Israel was good but overall he's a pretty average fighter
WW: Leon Edwards: A tier, one of the better champs but mostly remains unproven.
LW: Islam Makachev: B-tier: Not Khabib, almost got ko'd by a FW

FW: Alexander Volkanovski S Tier - The only reason this list isn't garbage.
BW: Sean O' Malley B Tier - Fasttracked with favorable matchups, won questionable decisions, beat an average champ who had an unimpressive dominance.
FLY: Alexandre Pantoja B Tier - Beat a guy he already defeated, who was honestly more of a "fun" champ than a good champ. Has few notible wins.

Lets not go over the girl divisions but its also pretty shit imo right now. Zhang is probably the only saving grace and not by much.
I would say:
HW: Jon - Agreed. Future HoF'er and should he defend his HW belt, he may Sway people in GOAT discvussions...
LHW: Jamal: He is a C- or a D.
MW: Sean, agree on C...
WW: Leon I would say a B (unproven) even though, if he remains a champion, he can quickly move up....
LW: Islam is also unproven so for now, C.
FW: Alexander Volkanovski S Tier - indeed, agreed as well.
BW: Sean O' Malley B Tier - Come on, now! I think Sean cemented himself (at least) that he belong at the top tier of the division! You cannot call Yan and Alja were not "luck".
Yes, he took a fucking bullet train ride to the top, but he did beat Solid fighters that don't make many mistakes, and he WON.
... and don't give me that BS about Alja! Look, I hate him with the same passion as any other guy, I despise how he got his belt... but Henry Cejudo, T.J. Dillashaw, Petr Yan (TWICE), Cory Sandhagen, Pedro Munhoz and Jimmie Rivera are not pushovers, and Aljo beat them all straight. You have to give the man some credit!!
FLY: Alexandre Pantoja B Tier - TBH, I would say he should be also marked as unproven champ yet... after all, he just got the belt....

It probably just seems that way because there are so many new champs that haven’t been able to establish themselves yet. Only Volk has more than one defense, majority have 0.

It probably just seems that way because there are so many new champs that haven’t been able to establish themselves yet. Only Volk has more than one defense, majority have 0.

Its a product of that and the fact that their reigns to their titles are relatively unimpressive. Sure, you could say this about any champ starting out- so you have a point.
However, Leon and Jones make the best case here imo.

The others, not so much.

Fair Take TS. We def don't have a lot of top tier guys. Didn't Hill already vacate due to injury? Makhachev seems pretty fucking legit but a lotta maybes in there except Volk and JJ (who is still a wild card at HW).

Back