Is Tom Aspinhall overrated or can he be the next he champ?

Yrat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Tom will still deliver like this in heavyweight division then I could see him fighting for the belt.

However and win over Sergey Spivak who only had 1 week notice and had to fly from Moscow I don't see that as a noteable win.

I can't wait to see Tom getting tested against someone like Alexander Volkov or Derrick Lewis

I feel like anyone can be champ at Heavyweight

GOATspinal all day every day.

Gane and Ngannou have nightmares about this guy right now.

I don’t see him beating guys like Gane or Francis but he definitely has a high ceiling. He’ll be a title challenger at minimum.

I don't know if it's possible to be overrated at HW where being competent puts you in the top 15 by default

He's a good prospect but I don't think he's going to become a champion with Gane and Ngannou around.

Maybe he’s a little bit too small but he has all the skills to make it.
Can he make light heavy ?

Don’t know if he will be the next champ especially with Gane and Fran at the top of the heap.

But we are in desperate need of technical heavyweights and Tom is very promising and all around exiting fighter.

I hope he can carry his momentum going into other fights.

He's fast as fuck for the weight and has skills in every facet of the sport. He's certainly got the potential to be right up there.

He does stand out from most recent HW prospects in that he's not just a big guy with a bit of power, does seem quite gifted physically and with a decent grappling background thats rare at HW.

I must admit I do still get the feeling Ngannou might knock his head off in 10 seconds though.

He seems to have as much potential as Gane had when he came in, we'll see how far he gets, he needs a top 10 guy now I'd say.

He is the most well rounded fighter in the division and he is young. He will definitely fight for the title in the future.

He is the most well rounded fighter in the division and he is young. He will definitely fight for the title in the future.
This. He just turned 28 and is already in the top 15. He doesn't rely on power, he relies on technique, IQ, and timing. And he doesn't want to rush up the division, instead he wants to accumulate experience and move up the rankings slowly which is refreshing to see. And he's a good dude.

Back