Is tonight the night of the underdog???

Honestly I think tonight the favs on the main card all win easily.

If I had to pick an underdog I’d go with Jan since rockhold is new to the weight class and has been knocked out numerous times.

All that said, would enjoy seeing chiesa, rockhold, askren, and of course jones lose haha

One dog is winning.

FYI - The favorite is -(minus) and the underdog is +(plus). The MINUS is what you need to risk to win $100 profit. The PLUS is what a $100 risk would profit. Example. Fighter A -180. Fighter B +150. If u risk $180 on Fighter A, you would keep the $180 you risked, and get $100 profit for $280 total. If you bet $100 on Fighter B, u keep the money u risked plus the $150 profit, for a total of $250.

Looking over the odds for tonights fights, and I've noticed there are a lot of 'live dogs'. Aka underdogs that have a good chance to win. This card is basically filled with them IMO.

Nunes -400 vs Holly +320.
Amanda is the rightful favorite to win, but those seem like pretty good odds on Holly. Getting over 3:1 return on her, I could definitely see her winning a decision if she can survive the first round.

Askren -220/Masvidal +180
This fight is 50/50 in most peoples eyes, yet oddsmakers have Ben as over a 2:1 favorite. Any time a fight is this close, you gotta take the plus money, right?

Rockhold -250/Jan +185
Jan should have a slight advantage on the fight and better chin. Rockhold has the advantage on the ground, on paper anyways, but Jan is no slouch and seems more than capable of thwarting Luke's ground attacks and outpointing him in a kickboxing match. Again, close fight to pick, so roll with the plus money.

Chiesa -440/Diego +375
At first glance, I really liked Chiesa here, but after breaking it down, I see value in Diego. Mike isn't all that great on the feet. He's rangy and fights accordingly. Diego, even tho it's been the same damn hook uppercut combo for 30 years, is still pretty effective. On the ground, Diego has never been submitted and is an extremely good all around grappler. He's also been focusing more on his ground game as of late. Basically, it's tough to imagine an easy, clear cut path to victory for Chiesa and that's a requirement of ur gonna risk $45 to win $10 on a fighter. Again, rightful guy is the favorite, but I like Diego's chances at almost 4:1 odds.

Gadelha -220/Markos +185
Close fight again. Toss up imo.

I really do think Edmunds son Shahbazyan (-550) will win. He's got 8 first round KOs and his UFC debut he used his wrestling to get a UD from Darren Stewart. However, Jack Marshman seems to have at +450. Not really sure of this one, because Shahbazyan has looked awesome, but Edmund....

So what do you guys think? Which, if any, if these underdogs do you like? Who would you stay away from?

Extra tidbit....
A 5 fight parlay with Markos, Sanchez, Jan, Jorge, and Holly is 150 to 1 odds. I have $10 to win $1500 on that, but I realize it's a very long shot.

Just plunked down $40 for all five dogs on the main card and the return is $12500. Not likely but definitely possible!

Back