Opinion Is world really that miserable or only media painiting it like that?

It's worse. Life is good for the moment for many people, but we're in the process of destroying our ability to live on this planet, and almost nothing is being done about it. We're destroying ecosystems that developed over the course of millions of years without a second thought, and it's barely covered by the news. It should be the center point of virtually every news broadcast until radical change starts happening.

The world as a whole can be pretty shitty but we live really great lives here in the west. People choose to compare their lives to the elite and wealthy and get sad/angry. Rather than compare their lives to the millions of people living in fear/third world conditions and be grateful. I control what I can in my own life and I’m happy with it.

First world countries are pretty safe for the most part...first worlders are just pussies who cry about everything.

However, poverty/hunger/violence/etc are a real thing in the third world and even in some parts of the USA, and are serious problems.........Global warming is also obviously real.

Overall the world is safer but there is glaring problems in the world regardless of how much tech has made our lives better/easier/safer.

It’s certainly terrible to be white liberal, that much is clear. They let us know about it though their pathology all the fucking time.

Media. For instance, violent crime is WAY down over the last few decades.

Life is and always has been a mix. Some people profit from blowing it all out of proportion.

Quit social media and stop watching political news or any news where people get angry or project their own strong personal opinions and you'll see the world as a much better place.

Is the pandemic bad, yeah. Get vaxed, wear a mask in busy places and you've got it 90% covered.

Is global climate change a crisis... yeah. that one is probably way worse that we even know. Can't shine that one up for you.

Beyond that, drink water, and get your heart rate up 20 minutes a day and the world will look like a better place.

The world, like the people living on it,is both beautiful and terrible.

Ive seen the best the world has to offer, living here in scandinavia, and ive seen some of the worst, doing volunteer work in the third world.

Its not black and white. And alot of it depends on where you were born and where you end up living.

Personally tho i can say im happy with the way things are. I got everything i need and good friends. Only thing that sucks is that i cant travel during the pandemic :(

Back