Islam completely dominated Dan Hooker in there and made it look easy

GoofMaster93

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WebbedEasygoingIcelandgull-size_restricted.gif

I was right and I told everybody that Islam would run through Hooker with ease. The haters AGAIN are no where to be seen, they have gone silent as you would expect them to, probably trying to pretend like they never knew who Dan was at all. DC said it himself, Hooker knew what Islam was going to do and was still powerless to stop him, just like Khabib did to his opponents. Islam will fight for nothing short of an interim or title shot next. It was crazy how Dan was helpless in there and even he was disgusted with himself after the fight, not sure if anyone else saw but he threw his mouth piece and was shaking his head after the ref called it

Last edited:
So many idiots parroting "it would be hilarious if Hooker KO Islam lololol", Hooker also have been talking mad shit about Islam for years, I'm glad caught him up.

He made him look like a can, I can't believe Dustin went trough hell to beat this guy, he is so overrated.

That's Dan's 11th loss. Time to stop acting like he's any good.
He is still clinging in that Dustin loss, dude needs to accept that either Dustin had a shit night or that Hooker matched pretty good with Dustin.

Both Islam and Chandler finished him with ease

3/6 Main event fights were total domination and Petr Yan looked crisp.

So Islam's win means nothing then?!?

No, it just means a lot less than people are hyping it to mean. Islam had competitive decisions vs unranked Tsarukyan and 15th ranked Moises but obliterates 6th ranked Hooker? Maybe Hooker who's got 11 loses and very few notable wins just isn't as good as his bullshit ranking would suggest? You can check Ive said that for over a year on here...Hooker isn't good.

Islam is still a beast and Poirier has had bad takedown defense his entire career....Poirier vs Castillo, Poirier vs Cub, Poirier vs Korean Zombie, Poirier vs Khabib....all these guys took Poirier down and Hooker even scored 3 or 4 relevant takedowns on Poirier amidst their fight. If Poirier beats Charles, Islam gonna sub him in under 3 for sure.

Guys have forgotten how to wrestle, these Kavkaz guys aren't mythical but MMA has gotten so far away from wrestling and mat grappling these 5 years that dudes like Chimaev, Khabib, Islam are going up to spark evolution and change again.

I'm neither an Islam hater nor nut-hugger, so I don't take too much from his victory either way. Hooker is a good win, but it doesn't tell us that much more about Islam that we didn't already know. Islam needs to fight someone in the top 5 next.

Very impressive, picked him to win but didn't know he would make it look that easy.

Islam avoided striking again.

The rankings are not based on current skills, theyre outdated.

Islam doesnt get enough credit for beating the dangerous "unranked" guys earlier in his career, Ramos, Arman, and Moises are all better than Hooker. Arman in particular would beat Chandler, Poirier and Hooker.

No, it just means a lot less than people are hyping it to mean. Islam had competitive decisions vs unranked Tsarukyan and 15th ranked Moises but obliterates 6th ranked Hooker? Maybe Hooker who's got 11 loses and very few notable wins just isn't as good as his bullshit ranking would suggest? You can check Ive said that for over a year on here...Hooker isn't good.

Islam is still a beast and Poirier has had bad takedown defense his entire career....Poirier vs Castillo, Poirier vs Cub, Poirier vs Korean Zombie, Poirier vs Khabib....all these guys took Poirier down and Hooker even scored 3 or 4 relevant takedowns on Poirier amidst their fight. If Poirier beats Charles, Islam gonna sub him in under 3 for sure.

Guys have forgotten how to wrestle, these Kavkaz guys aren't mythical but MMA has gotten so far away from wrestling and mat grappling these 5 years that dudes like Chimaev, Khabib, Islam are going up to spark evolution and change again.
Styles make fights and losing to Islam doesn’t mean you suck ….. I gotta stay off Sherdog for a few days after big fights and let people get their emotions out

Styles make fights and losing to Islam doesn’t mean you suck ….. I gotta stay off Sherdog for a few days after big fights and let people get their emotions out

Losing to Islam doesn't mean you suck, but Hooker relative to his ranking really is not very good.

Islam finished Moises, what are you talking about?
Also Arman is one of the best lightweight fighters rn and he's not unranked

hooker had a really short training camp..

Back