Media Islam implies that Arman ducked a rematch

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Timestamped. Islam says the UFC has offered Arman a rematch with him 2 or 3 times before. I'm assuming this is over the last couple of years. Interesting. If this is true maybe Arman didn't think he was ready.

He also says he was ready to fight in March but UFC didn't have an opponent for him.

You mean the offer of fighting Islam within 6 weeks? Why does Arman have to take a short notice fight AGAIN against Islam? He already fought him on short notice just to get a shot into the UFC...

If he's talking about before the past few weeks... then that's completely understandable as Arman probably thought he needed some more experience to beat Islam.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arman declined. But I also wouldn't be surprised if the times he was offered it was as a late replacement to take Dan Hooker or Bobby Green's spot, since they were both short notice replacements for...RDA and Dariush. It sucks that he wasn't on UFC 299. Would've been right before Ramadan. Dana said he was injured but Ali says Islam was fine, so who the fuck knows what was going on. Not seeing him versus Oliveira or Gaethje is a dogshit outcome from all this planning clusterfuck.

You mean the offer of fighting Islam within 6 weeks? Why does Arman have to take a short notice fight AGAIN against Islam? He already fought him on short notice just to get a shot into the UFC...

If he's talking about before the past few weeks... then that's completely understandable as Arman probably thought he needed some more experience to beat Islam.
Islam seemed to be suggesting that Arman was offered the rematch multiple times BEFORE this current upcoming fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Arman declined. But I also wouldn't be surprised if the times he was offered it was as a late replacement to take Dan Hooker or Bobby Green's spot, since they were both short notice replacements for...RDA and Dariush. It sucks that he wasn't on UFC 299. Would've been right before Ramadan. Dana said he was injured but Ali says Islam was fine, so who the fuck knows what was going on. Not seeing him versus Oliveira or Gaethje is a dogshit outcome from all this planning clusterfuck.
The UFC really screwed the pooch on matchmaking.

Doesn’t surprise me

Arman knows he had to make huge strides in his game if he’s going to win

I guess now he feels he’s at that point

Arman openly admitted to it too saying the turn around was short. Likely the case in any past so called offers.

This is the fight to make. That first fight was great tbh. They needed to run this back even if not champ and no 1 contender

Let’s just call it how it is… Arman knows he has nothing for Mak. For as much improvements as he’s made, Mak has achieved higher levels of skill.

This dude couldn’t keep Gamrots sloppy wrestling off of him, Mak would be on him like glue and break him down.

Funny considering Islam is the one who said he's only fighting June 1 instead of any other date, knowing nobody but Poirier could take it.

Poirier who also needs to take it on short notice after just fighting. As if Islam wasn't stacking the deck enough as is.

he will fight him anyways again unless islam shits the bed against dustin.

Funny considering Islam is the one who said he's only fighting June 1 instead of any other date, knowing nobody but Poirier could take it.

Poirier who also needs to take it on short notice after just fighting. As if Islam wasn't stacking the deck enough as is.

He’s the champ and he won the belt impressively. He calls the shots.

Arman choked against Gamrot in the later rounds of their fight and did the bare minimum against Oliveira, probably would love been finished in a five rounder. Dudes lucky to be in the spot he’s in. Mak is champ, Mak gets the accommodations. Not the other way around.

He’s the champ and he won the belt impressively. He calls the shots.

Arman choked against Gamrot in the later rounds of their fight and did the bare minimum against Oliveira, probably would love been finished in a five rounder. Dudes lucky to be in the spot he’s in. Mak is champ, Mak gets the accommodations. Not the other way around.
Islam already did get an accomodation by sitting out since October. As well as for Ramadan.

He however magically announced he was fighting June 1 and June 1 only after Charles/Arman, Justin/Max, and Poirier/BSD were all signed and that would have to do a quick turnaround for whoever, especially for guys who may be all beat up while he's sat out preparing.

I don't blame him for stacking the deck in his favour, but don't pretend to not understand what he's obviously doing. He's always done this.

Back