Media Islam Makhacev wants Arman next, then 170 pound title

He could've had Arman now so fuck this guy

No thanks. I'm tired of champ vs champ bullshit. Historically, it has only clogged the divisions.

i'm for it

all the khabib haters said 'oh but he never challenged himself going to 170'

now islam has a chance and its ' but he needs to clear out his division first'.

max, dp, justin dont really have a good shot. he's already beaten arman.
He wouldn't have to still clear out his division if he hadn't cherrypicked all these non-contenders first.

But people said he only fights once a year at Abu Dhabi so he can make weight? Why does he want to fight at MSG?
We pretending NYSAC isn't its own shitshow with questionable officiating and weigh ins?

Interesting that he wants Madison Square Garden next, That's an iconic arena but as a fighter knowing the insane tax you would have to pay why would you want to fight there? When you can easily fight in Abu Dhabi and pay zero in taxes.
Legacy brother, wonder how the Sheiks in Abu Dhabi would feel about that though. Esp since they made that deal expecting to have Khabib fight there often and now transitioning Islam into that slot. There's also now Saudi Arabia, who will be asking for the same fighters for their events.
Poirier who doesn't deserve a title shot then Arman and that's cleaning out the division? Man, this jumping weight thing has really screwed everything up.
Islam, Khabib, and Javier have been saying Islam will get UFC LW record and then get WW belt since he beat Charles bro. Not saying I am a fan of the weight jumping and undeserved title fights, but this isn't really news tbh.

i'm for it

all the khabib haters said 'oh but he never challenged himself going to 170'

now islam has a chance and its ' but he needs to clear out his division first'.

max, dp, justin dont really have a good shot. he's already beaten arman.
Khabib's biggest criticism is he didn't defend much and left too soon.
Not just Islam but every single UFC champion can Fnck Off when it comes to a title shot in the next division. Islam has the most defenses of any current champion and his 2 whole defenses were both against a FW FFS!!!

Max, DP & Justin don't have a good shot so why bother right?
Matt Serra, Bisping, Weidman, Strickland, Frankie (vs BJ Penn), BJ himself vs Matt Hughes, Jessica Pena or Holly Holm didn't have a shot.

You realize "cleaning out the division" doesn't mean beating every single person on the roster, right? He'll have the beaten the #1, 2, and 4 in the division, the number 3 is coming off a brutal KO loss and can't fight at all for the next 6 months, and he beat the only person ahead of him on the p4p list twice.

Out of curiosity, since the #4 "doesn't deserve a title shot", who exactly should he be hanging around to fight?

At some point, you clowns are gonna have to stop pretending you have some standard and just admit that you don't want him to fight for the WW belt because you think he'd win and don't want him to have the accolade. It'll be such a big relief instead of having to keep moving goalposts and pretending the LW win streak record and title defense record aren't enough, and it's hype until he gets those wins over Jalin Turner or Gamrot that everyone is clamoring for.
to be fair the rankings are bullshit and this is well known. It's not always the case that you have beat the best guys when you beat the top ranked guys, sometimes the #1 contender is colby convington for example, totally undeserving of his spot.

Don't dislike Islam by any means but I'd fucking love to see Leon Scott body him with a headkick, I can't be the only one, right?

You realize "cleaning out the division" doesn't mean beating every single person on the roster, right? He'll have the beaten the #1, 2, and 4 in the division, the number 3 is coming off a brutal KO loss and can't fight at all for the next 6 months, and he beat the only person ahead of him on the p4p list twice.

Out of curiosity, since the #4 "doesn't deserve a title shot", who exactly should he be hanging around to fight?

At some point, you clowns are gonna have to stop pretending you have some standard and just admit that you don't want him to fight for the WW belt because you think he'd win and don't want him to have the accolade. It'll be such a big relief instead of having to keep moving goalposts and pretending the LW win streak record and title defense record aren't enough, and it's hype until he gets those wins over Jalin Turner or Gamrot that everyone is clamoring for.
Double champs are boring now. The first thing any of them talk about is fighting for another belt. It's old. It also has happened several times in recent years meanwhile when was the last time a champion had 6, 7, 8 title defenses? Seems as though staying in your lane fighting the top contender for years is harder.

Legacy brother, wonder how the Sheiks in Abu Dhabi would feel about that though. Esp since they made that deal expecting to have Khabib fight there often and now transitioning Islam into that slot. There's also now Saudi Arabia, who will be asking for the same fighters for their events.

Islam, Khabib, and Javier have been saying Islam will get UFC LW record and then get WW belt since he beat Charles bro. Not saying I am a fan of the weight jumping and undeserved title fights, but this isn't really news tbh.
Getting the record for lightweight title defenses would be a good justification for moving up for another title. Better than the crap 0 defense champs talk about doing.

Back