Media Islam Makhachev: I'm getting out of fights in my division, nothing exciting there. Hoping to get Leon fight with 2 wins.

This guy is going to tie the LW title defence record without ever having fought the #1 contender, let alone contenders #2-4.

And this motherfucker has the nerve to say he's out of fights.

Appreciate the talent, but Islam's obviously a stupid asshole who loves how dumb his fans are.
A FW just KO'd the lightweight #1 contender. And not just any FW, the same FW who lost 3 times to the guy Islam beat twice. It's time to stop this retarded "he only defends against FWs" argument.

Unless someone new pops up, after Poirier, Arman and then Gamrot, I wouldn't criticise Islam for going up to 170 for Leon or the red panty night against robocop edition Conrad.

Yeah also people keep bringing up Gamrot as the backup for UFC 294 like Islam was shook or something lol. Islam didn't give a f who they put in there with him. UFC didn't want to put Gamrot in there if they could help it because it would've tanked the PPV sales. He was the "break glass in case of emergency" backup if things went to shit in the final days before the event. Not the backup they wanted to build the event around when Oliveira pulled out with nearly 2 weeks to go, if they could help it.
Islam quite literally said he chose Volk over Gamrot.

This guy is going to tie the LW title defence record without ever having fought the #1 contender, let alone contenders #2-4.
Not as defenses but he does have wins over #1 and #2 already. Currently scheduled against #4. Was scheduled to rematch #2 but he pulled out. Probably will fight #1 next.

He literally said he wouldn't move up until 2 more defenses. That would mean he gets to challenge for 170 after having 4 successful title defenses. Which would break the record of title defenses at LW. More than deserved.

Generally I don't blame the fighters for pursuing money, I blame the UFC for failing to preserve integreity of their match making and rankings.

"More than deserved" is a stretch.

At present Islam has zero defenses against LWs and his upcoming bout is a guy who got a title shot by beating #12 ranked Benoit St Denis.

Should Islam do what he says and defend 2x, the defense against Arman would really be his only legit defense against a LW who earned a title shot via #1 contender fight and not convenient scheduling.

If you put that in context of Aldo who had I think 9 total title defenses (7ufc + 2 WEC) being told he would have had to vacate his belt to fight for 155 title vs Pettis it shows how far off course the org has come, particularly since the Zuffa sale.

Literally every single current champ from 125-205 is on video tape seeking a free title shot for a 2nd belt. All of them combined have less title defenses than Mighty Mouse who was denied the opportunity to fight for a 2nd belt while he had double digit title defenses.

Not as defenses but he does have wins over #1 and #2 already. Currently scheduled against #4. Was scheduled to rematch #2 but he pulled out. Probably will fight #1 next.
Wow if we just completely move the goalposts to entirely different things and hypotheticals, it's completely okay!

Like I said. Islam loves his fans will excuse his bullshit.

Mak can not win a single verbal battle with his legacy right now. He can only just continue to win fights.

-says Arman turned him down, yet arman fought charles because he couldn't get islam to fight him in the first place
-says holloway needs to beat 2 more ppl before he fights for the lightweight belt, once again entertaining fighting a featherweight
-says there's NO GOOD FIGHTS IN THE LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION... not a single title defense against a top lightweight, and he's only scooping up poirer at last, lower in the rankings, and giving him less than 3 months notice

this is reaching the level of pathetic

"Legacy" is what HE Made It... not a warrior legacy of proving himself the best.​

Gamrot barely squeaks by every fight. Almost lost to a very limited Jalin Turner. Hilarious that anyone would consider him a credible threat to Islam.
Gamrot having prepared for the last 2 months to step in for Charles against Islam was a hell of lot more of a threat than 10 day notice, post surgery, I need to cut 27lbs of beer belly Volk.

Which is why Islam refused to fight him.

Generally I don't blame the fighters for pursuing money, I blame the UFC for failing to preserve integreity of their match making and rankings.

"More than deserved" is a stretch.

At present Islam has zero defenses against LWs and his upcoming bout is a guy who got a title shot by beating #12 ranked Benoit St Denis.

Should Islam do what he says and defend 2x, the defense against Arman would really be his only legit defense against a LW who earned a title shot via #1 contender fight and not convenient scheduling.

If you put that in context of Aldo who had I think 9 total title defenses (7ufc + 2 WEC) being told he would have had to vacate his belt to fight for 155 title vs Pettis it shows how far off course the org has come, particularly since the Zuffa sale.

Literally every single current champ from 125-205 is on video tape seeking a free title shot for a 2nd belt. All of them combined have less title defenses than Mighty Mouse who was denied the opportunity to fight for a 2nd belt while he had double digit title defenses.
Can we stop with this fake measuring stick? The #1 LW contender just got KO'd by a FW that lost 3 times to the FW Islam beat. His defenses against Volk were 100% legit.

He was literally slated to fight Oliveira before he got himself cut a week before the fight. Try being serious, these are stupid arguments you're making no offense.
So they just rescheduled then?

Oh no. Wait. I see that Charles had to fight Arman instead cause Islam decided to sit out for no reason.

Islam quite literally said he chose Volk over Gamrot.

Doesn't change that the UFC didn't want Gamrot in the main event. If shit went down in the last 48-72 hrs etc yeah they would put him in but not when they had weeks to salvage things.

They put him on the prelims vs RDA in his next fight lol. If UFC wanted Gamrot in the main event they would've told Islam that's who he's fighting and not given him a choice. If you were Islam's manager wouldn't you have preferred he fight Volk instead? More money for him in PPV buys & settling the score after his performance at UFC 294 was criticized. It's common sense.

Gamrot having prepared for the last 2 months to step in for Charles against Islam was a hell of lot more of a threat than 10 day notice, post surgery, I need to cut 27lbs of beer belly Volk.

Which is why Islam refused to fight him.
Bring a single piece of evidence that islam refused to fight Gamrot and that was the determining factor. It was a UFC decision.

And in the 1.5 years since has defended against zero LWs.
He called out Chandler who ducked him. Arman backed out for a rematch he already won as did Olives.

UFC made the wrong decision with putting Gathje against Max (despite it being a good fight)

You think Holloway stands a chance?
You don't think he'll put a hurting on Poirier?

Theyre all ducking him. What do you want the guy to do?

Doesn't change that the UFC didn't want Gamrot in the main event. If shit went down in the last 48-72 hrs etc yeah they would put him in but not when they had weeks to salvage things.

They put him on the prelims vs RDA in his next fight lol. If UFC wanted Gamrot in the main event they would've told Islam that's who he's fighting and not given him a choice. If you were Islam's manager wouldn't you have preferred he fight Volk instead? More money for him in PPV buys & settling the score after his performance at UFC 294 was criticized. It's common sense.
The UFC didn't want Gamrot in the main event, which is why Gamrot was scheduled for the main event.

And this motherfucker has the nerve to say he's out of fights.

Appreciate the talent, but Islam's obviously a stupid asshole who loves how dumb his fans are.
A Conor nut licker making this comment. Lmao.

Back