Rewatch Islam Makhashev vs Dustin Poirier fight analysis

Islam is in danger as long as it remains on the feet. Once it hits the ground Poirier should be focused on surviving to the next round and under no circumstance should he give up his back or it's a wrap.

Great fights thanks for posting TS

Man Chandler is a sleaze. Spitting mouthfuls of blood into someone else's mouth + eye gouging + back of head shots + glove grabbing. So glad he got finished the round after he did all that dirty shit.

We all know Islam will just try to grapple fuck Poirier for five rounds and has a high chance of succeeding. So let's all pray for Poirier to catch him with a vicious strike to the head for a brutal KO and thus experience the best momentt ever in this sport.

Liking IM alot better than Khabib. IM seems like a fun guy actually where as Khabin was all serious n bitchy about everyone. Now Khabib was better of 2 but I enjoy IMa reign more

He does not have an advantage on the feet lol, Dustin has the far better stand up game. Islam standup is underated, yes, but it's not level of Dustin.
People said the same thing about Oliveira and Volk’s standup vs Islam, and he either matched or exceeded both. It’s a stretch to say Dustin’s striking is “far better”. Dustin has better boxing not necessarily better striking. And if it is better, then it’s not by much.

They stsnd about a minute then IM gets DP agsinst cage. DP goes for a gilly, gets taken down then subbed rd 1. The end

We all know Islam will just try to grapple fuck Poirier for five rounds and has a high chance of succeeding. So let's all pray for Poirier to catch him with a vicious strike to the head for a brutal KO and thus experience the best momentt ever in this sport.
what are you on about , Islam has proved many times thats hes happy to stand and bang

Dustin always starts aggressive, i wonder if he will be cautious this time?
Won't matter. Eventually IM will get the take down n get the submission.

Sure Islam could get stupid and try to stand with him and get caught. If he fights smart and gets him against cage its an easy fight for him..

Won't matter. Eventually IM will get the take down n get the submission.

Sure Islam could get stupid and try to stand with him and get caught. If he fights smart and gets him against cage its an easy fight for him..

It could end up looking like the islam vs hooker fight

Many are writing of Dustin, but damn, look at that beautiful boxing, how can people doubt him?

Big Islam fan here but i do fear for his weak chin, he is no Khabib.

I want to add Dustin fight against Chandler to the list but didn't find it.

Enjoy.

Edit

I found Dustin vs Chandler one.

You heard it here first. Dustin will loose.

Islam isnt an idiot... He isnt going to get a dogfight like BSD did.
Dustins takedown defence is a gilly that he never gets.
Islam is better on the feet at range, and much better in the clinch. He is fine on the feet as long as he isnt in the pocket.
Pretty easy win.

what are you on about , Islam has proved many times thats hes happy to stand and bang

If he tries and succeeds, he will stand. But if he doesn't, 30 secs in he'll go for grappling. Which is ok, this is MMA. But in all scenarios, I was just saying how it'd be, for me, a magical moment to see Poirier KO him.

Back