Islam reportedly having a tough cut

Awe the poor massive weight cutter is having a rough time.
Hopefully he will feel better after a couple liters of saline.

This article was total clickbait bullshit - how it was written, the premise itself, that its somehow odd/strange Islam's management were only granting media outlets two questions per interview. As though that is a story.

Islam steps on the scale today looking fine, makes weight on his first attempt with no fuss.

Who will pay for this insolence??

It depends on the attributes you have. Dan henderson,got the right attributes to fight in multiple classes,cos he has an iron jaw and KO power that doesnt diminish at lower weights or higher weights. He was a strong super durable guy with devastating power. Plus hes not really trying to go out there and trying to have a long drawn out grappling contest with people. Just going for the KO.
Hendo also fought mainly at a different time in MMA when skillsets weren't nearly as well rounded with 5 round cardio to boot. You could get away with moving up weight classes a lot easier since everybody wasn't min maxing mma basically.

Then we had guys like Silva, GSP, and Jones come along that could strike, wrestle, sub, and go for 5 rounds. I think Silva is a good example of the beginnings of a drastic change to mma. Guys like Franklin, Forest, Bonnar, ect got basically knocked out of the sport as skill levels progressed and the early years Zuffa fighters lagged behind skill wise. Compare someone like Rich Franklin to a top MW today and the difference in overall skills is staggering.

Fucking lol. It's his weight class, not volks. You make it sound like he's having to fight at 155 to accommodate Volk. What a hero he is.
What I'm trying to say is it's unfair to compare the two because Islam is just bigger and the fight probably shouldn't happen because weight classes exist for a reason. But then Islam should be at welterweight

What I'm trying to say is it's unfair to compare the two because Islam is just bigger and the fight probably shouldn't happen because weight classes exist for a reason. But then Islam should be at welterweight

Yeah maybe. Personally I think if they can make the weight and perform how they want to perform, fair play to them, fight at whichever weight you choose. Being able to exploit your ability to be big in a particular weight class is a natural attribute that anyone's entitled to use.

The safety of the whole process is another thing, but they're cage fighters and adults. Let them self manage.

There's no way Volk wins this. It's really frustrating because I believe that with a full camp he would win the rematch. Dana probably paid him millions to lose tomorrow

Back